:(, please tell me I played it right

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #5476287247: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (41669686), Table 8 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:06:28 ET - 2008/03/02
Seat 1: TommyBoy20 (3,400)
Seat 2: The Damn River (3,660)
Seat 3: Bart_7 (1,800)
Seat 4: Bluepistons (2,095)
Seat 5: MrsPeety (2,375)
Seat 6: daleftlaud (8,370)
Seat 7: Ramjet86 (2,460)
Seat 8: Gallo6 (7,790)
Seat 9: YAFYOJ (5,885)
daleftlaud posts the small blind of 40
Ramjet86 posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Gallo6 [5s 5d]
Gallo6 calls 80
YAFYOJ calls 80
TommyBoy20 folds
The Damn River raises to 440
Bart_7 folds
Bluepistons folds
MrsPeety folds
daleftlaud calls 400
Ramjet86 folds
Gallo6 calls 360
YAFYOJ calls 360
*** FLOP *** [Tc 5c Ts]
daleftlaud checks
Gallo6 checks
YAFYOJ bets 80
The Damn River raises to 3,220, and is all in
daleftlaud calls 3,220
Gallo6 raises to 7,350, and is all in
YAFYOJ folds
daleftlaud has 15 seconds left to act
daleftlaud calls 4,130
Gallo6 shows [5s 5d]
The Damn River shows [3s 3c]
daleftlaud shows [Jc Kc]
*** TURN *** [Tc 5c Ts] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [Tc 5c Ts Jh] [Td]
Gallo6 shows a full house, Tens full of Fives
daleftlaud shows a full house, Tens full of Jacks
daleftlaud wins the side pot (8,260) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks
The Damn River shows a full house, Tens full of Threes
daleftlaud wins the main pot (11,580) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks
The Damn River stands up
Gallo6 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop it was a bit of a loose call, u werent getting proper odds to call and u were out of position but other than that u played the hand properly, it was just a cooler

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree, I basically went for a hit or miss play. I hit but unfortunately, things did not fall my way. This hand pretty much summarizes the type of hits I been taking. O'well thats poker for you

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got to agree. Early in tourney, UTG with 55 a limp is fine, but to call that raise was your mistake. It would have been better to shove all in at that point. At least you'd make villain do a rethink.

But again it is early. Once the flop hits, you should think you are toast. Consider the difference it would have made had you pushed very hard at the flop, rather than a check raise (CR). You would have put villain in an ugly spot putting his tourney like on the line for a flush draw.

I suggest you start thinking about limiting your villains ability to catch a hand, and when you know its yours, take it then and there.

Incidentally, I think I've seen just about everyone here play this type hand just the way you played it. And usually your hand prevails.:(

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG with 5/5 the limp isn't bad but a 3xbb raise would give you more information on your opponents if they called or re-raised. You have a pretty good stack compared to the others, if I read the others as weak and I have intimidation on my side I raise with this utg. On the other hand just limping with a small pair utg is fairly a normal play. Calling the raise is ok too you could afford the speculation.

I don't like slow playing the flop though after hitting a small set. I would have bet either half or full pot, when in EP you have to know where you stand. If someone comes over you with a re-raise then you can consider how they've played in the past and try and get a read on what they are holding compared to the flop texture and their bet coming over you. A good bet on the flop might have gotten the J/K to fold, especially if you raised pre-flop, even on a limp a half to full pot bet screams of set.

If you had played it this way the 3/3 would have lost to you and the J/k would likely have folded. All though he's also a big stack and could have been a lucky calling station, I do see that from time to time lucky tall stacks playing rushes or feeling their oats.

Over all though I think using your chips as tools to get information, for intimidation could have been applied here, difficult UTG with 5/5 but that's the way I see it. "Most" players play it just the way you did, but your here to learn how to play better and get out of the "most players" bracket. This is just stuff to think about. Good Luck :D

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the analysis, im still hurting over that one lol

Mr DaMan what is EP?

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EP = Early Position, UTG = Under The Gun, and the blinds are the worst positions and the DB = Dealer Button is the best position. In EP you have to give information away, in late position or on the DB you get to receive information. Playing less than premium hands in EP is dangerous, the closer you play to the DB the looser your hand requirements can be. Information is KEY to poker which is why you hear the advice of professionals, position, position, position.
:D

52poutanes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all your call pre flop from that position is too loose....second of all dont slow play an underfull in a multi way pot!

Poker Tells