Playing Big Blind

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little help playing the Big Blind! Most are similar to this hand from today!I seem to frequently lose some money after hitting top pair, junk kicker in the Big Blind!

Preflop: There are limper's to me and I have Face-x suited(like shown here) I always check and let'em roll

Flop: When I hit my top pair, I will always bet the flop, like here. I'm betting $120 into a $160 pot on the flop.

Turn: Well, Now I sure could be up against it, a lot of limping hands are beating me now. I still decide to throw out a small shell and bet half the pot. He raises and I decide to call.

River: It's not even a scare card for me, but I already have in my mind to check fold to a big bet. Which is what I do.

Help me out here through this hand, I need it as these hands are pivotal in my MTT play!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 29
buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you would get a better understanding of where your at by Raising instead of checking, he could have had K J or J2 either way its tough, but by raising in the BB you have a better feeling about your hand>>buck:joyman:

B

bootleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about checking the flop rather than betting out? this will give you some more information as he may check behind you... but if he bets, you can always raise to see where you are at and if he reraises, then you could get out of the hand earlier...

B

bootleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raising preflop with K6s?

I think you would get a better understanding of where your at by Raising instead of checking, he could have had K J or J2 either way its tough, but by raising in the BB you have a better feeling about your hand>>buck:joyman:

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what about checking the flop rather than betting out? this will give you some more information as he may check behind you... but if he bets, you can always raise to see where you are at and if he reraises, then you could get out of the hand earlier...
You can also check on the flop, but by raising pre-flop it gives you a better understanding where you stand,, it also depends how the guy has been playing>loose/tight< its a judgement call i thing, sometimes you got to go with your gut feeling. i think either way is 50/50 buck:joyman:

B

bootleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also check on the flop, but by raising pre-flop it gives you a better understanding where you stand,, it also depends how the guy has been playing>loose/tight< its a judgement call i thing, sometimes you got to go with your gut feeling. i think either way is 50/50 buck:joyman:

hmmm... raising preflop might not get you much info as he can call with any pp or Ax? no?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`d be inclined to check the flop and not put any more of my chips in the middle on such a borderline hand. It`s early in the tourney, you`re going to see a lot more hands yet. Wait for something better to come along. Top pair/no kicker isn`t going to win you much and could hurt you.

If the turn helps you and/or the opponent seems weak, then fine. But as things stand you`re burning chips that ought to be saved for a better hand.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like betting the flop; more often than not noone else will have a king and you should have the best hand. I think the point where you need to fold is on his turn minraise. Minraises on big bets like yours almost always mean "I have a good hand and I want more money in the pot". I'd be less afraid of a raise to 600 from a super-aggressive player.

It's safe to assume that you're up against one of a number of hands that have you beat (KT, KJ, K9, KQ, QJ, 22 - any King above K6...) and you should just dump it. Your odds of improving are very slim (i think that your best chance would be with a 6, as a king would also improve your opponents hand), and I think it's just safest to dump on the turn raise.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have discovered the curse of K6 suited. Welcome to the club!