omaha 10 rebuy over pr paired flop

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #9675851664: Tournament #48311926, $10+$1 Omaha Pot Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/04/29 - 23:56:10 (ET)
Table '48311926 3' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 2: Stefanicov (5650 in chips)
Seat 3: Yiquan (1075 in chips)
Seat 4: Acehi47 (3735 in chips)
Seat 5: MR.DART (1040 in chips)
Seat 6: VinnyB (2510 in chips)
Seat 7: aldocoria (1305 in chips)
Seat 8: birdicus420 (6240 in chips)
Seat 9: in_da_riva (1115 in chips)
Stefanicov: posts small blind 25
Yiquan: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Stefanicov [Jh Kh Ks Ts]
Acehi47: calls 50
MR.DART: folds
VinnyB: calls 50
aldocoria: folds
birdicus420: folds
in_da_riva: folds
Stefanicov: raises 200 to 250
Yiquan: folds
Acehi47: calls 200
VinnyB: calls 200
*** FLOP *** [3h 5c 3c]
Stefanicov: checks
Acehi47: checks
VinnyB: bets 800
stefanicov: wants to rse the pot or is this too agressive

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prolly a bit aggressive without the flush draw... I'd be inclined to fold and wait for a better spot. A better line might be to lead and fold to a raise.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, wait for a better spot -a raise is likely to put VinnyB all in - and all you have a an Overpair 2P. Not that strong.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's either way ahead of you leaving you with only a couple of outs (if he's got a 3), or he could have a big draw (flush, +Straight + overcard). I wouldn't lose much sleep over folding this - as the 2 above say, plenty of time yet.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very least i think he has 12 outs, and he could have you drawing to two, i think id fold this.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had a read tht said he had over pr too i chose to [put him in he called turn cam 5 river 3 he had qq 57 no flsh so i took it dwn with better fh

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you never know if your opponent could have like A-A-2-4 or even a set with an open-ended straight. I would fold honestly.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coulda but it is a rebuy so i play v agressive pre 1st break

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had a read tht said he had over pr too i chose to [put him in he called turn cam 5 river 3 he had qq 57 no flsh so i took it dwn with better fh

are you sure you had this 'read' before villain showed his hand?

if so, what specifically made you think he had an overpair?

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he only played 4 fce crds or big prs never rags aa he rses preflop so i was pretty sure he didnt have them. toss up was whether i wanted to risk tht he had flush draw. I was sure i was ahead was just whether i wanted to risk being drawn. Also if he hit the 3 he doesnt bet out this much he mini bets made hands so 3 wasnt likely

on top of tht i had a gut feeling and i have learned to trust tht it doesnt fail me often.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he only played 4 fce crds or big prs never rags aa he rses preflop so i was pretty sure he didnt have them. toss up was whether i wanted to risk tht he had flush draw. I was sure i was ahead was just whether i wanted to risk being drawn. Also if he hit the 3 he doesnt bet out this much he mini bets made hands so 3 wasnt likely
Seriously? You're only at Level 3 and you've already observed enough hands to have that accurate a read? I'm not knocking your play - Even though i said i dont think that's how you SHOULD have played it, I reckon I would have done the same as you more likely than not. I don't buy the above though, sorry - I think you've made that up.

(and buy a new keyboard with an "A" that works - i got mine for £5 from Tescos).

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so wha i know wht i knew he played 2 hnds whole tourny tis not so hard to get loose reads he wasnt in any pots and showed dwn 1 hnd all 4 face so whilst not def enuff to see he is tight

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so wha i know wht i knew he played 2 hnds whole tourny tis not so hard to get loose reads he wasnt in any pots and showed dwn 1 hnd all 4 face so whilst not def enuff to see he is tight
What language is this?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, I think i've got it.

"So what? I know what I know, he played 2 hands in the whole tournament, so it is not so hard to get loose reads. He wasn't in any pots, and showed down 1 hand that had all 4 face cards, so whilst I am not definate, it was enough to see he is tight"

Correct?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Holy Crap, FP's nonsense thread is spreading to other threads. I should have known it was contagous.

IF you had that read here then good for you. I think a read like that is about the only way to keep playing this hand. This is a trick hand if you are still in a rebuy stage of the tournament. You can go either way depending how bad you want to try to double up or how many rebuys you want to go through.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will assume you had been playing at this stable table for the first 2 levels and you had a read on him.

In that case, he looks to me to be a transferee from the holdem world, where agression is paramount regardless. In Omaha a normally reasonable player doesn't play small pair, so quad 3's is way down the list post flop. Still a dangler 3 to a hi holding, like jjT3 2 suited (one being clubs) might make sense. More likely your read of an overpair was a good one.

However, anytime there is a pair on the board in Omaha, anything less than a FH becomes a substandard hand to win with.

With your situation here, I'm in concurance, and your call was correct.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that it was a very risky move. The overpair that you mention could be AA, also you don't have a 2 clubs, just too many ways to lose, I think there will be better spots. You ended up winning the hand so good for you.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember in this game an overpair means anything higher than the 33 on the flop. So assume for a sec that villian does have an overpair at this point. There are only 3 of the 10 possibilities that are problamatic, 33, 55 or AA. 3.3 to 1 in favor for a 2.x to 1 bet? Good call.

Incidently, if I am not way out of the ball park, this post and this reply finally cemented some aspect of pot odds that had eluded me. If I AM way out of the ball park here, please pounce on my faulty thinking and straighten me out before irreprable harm occurs..........

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, I think i've got it.

"So what? I know what I know, he played 2 hands in the whole tournament, so it is not so hard to get loose reads. He wasn't in any pots, and showed down 1 hand that had all 4 face cards, so whilst I am not definate, it was enough to see he is tight"

Correct?

dont take the piss u a**hole -rep for being a complete twat:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stef,

Please try to limit the aol speak, it really can be frustrating for people to try and read.

Rob,

Please try not to be such an arse about these things - you know full well you're going to get a reaction when you make posts like your ones above, and it's going to derail the thread. A simple "Could you stop using aol speak please?" would have sufficed.

All,

Back on topic as of this post, k? ;)