102.4 KB · Views: 89
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The player who raised has been super-aggressive throughout the tournament.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even vs. a super-aggressive player... I don't know, we don't have a made hand. We're only a sizeable favorite over a weaker A or a weaker Q. I fold, leave the gamboling to the other players, at these early stages. Plus there's 6 players behind us who can wake up with AK, or JJ+.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, then go find a new avatar

P

popwizard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol the green horn that i am .. i'd prob call. that's what i'd do.
come on its' SOOOOOOTED...

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put all my chips in here. If he has been supper aggressive you probably have the best hand or a coin flip. It's early, you have a chance to double up or get out before too much time is invested. Like I have said in another post, people don't factor in time spent enough. it's much much better to go out in the first hand then on the bubble. I'll take a chance early if I think I have a coin flip or the best hand. Here, there are only 4 hands that you don't want to see, AK, QQ, KK or AA. Everything else is good. All other pairs you are a toss up and all other non paired hands you are a big favorite. Overall that's better than 50%. I instant raise all-in against someone that's obviously a Donk. And seriously how can he be anything else but a Donk pushing all-in UTG with, what? $45 in the pot.

Also remember that he is going to keep playing this way so somebody is going to get his chips, do you expect to get a better hand soon? before someone else does. Better you get his chips then somebody else.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold.

If I knew he had 22-JJ I'd fold and they are all possible.

The only thing that's great is Ax <Q and his range is bigger than that. Even two undercards isn't super.

If you call, then at best you are winning 2 in 3 against his range and that's generous.

With blinds at this level there is no need to call, and not forgetting the action behind.

Calling all ins with AQ is like drinking heavily in front your boss. Only very occassionally a good long-term move.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres plenty of time left...why take such a huge risk so early. Play tight and gradually take their chips so you can be the guy pushing everyone around at the end.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Later in the game, when the blinds are a sizable portion of your stack it can be worth it. Your position is wrong, you cant guarentee that you can isolate him, and even if your facing a hand like 22 then its still an incorrect call. You have 6 players to act behind you, and while the chance of someone having a big hand is slim the chance still exists. You have an excellent chip position. Fold.

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would it make a difference to anyone if this were a single table SNG verses a multitable SNG of 90 or 180 people?

Last edited:
gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahhhh $1 SNGs. Donkfest at it's best. Almost as good as freerolls! Let me predict what will happen if Tim pushes here:
2 people behind will call your push with KhJs and 78s. The original donk who is sitting to Tim's right put the majority of his stack in with Kd7c will call as well. The flop will come AdQdTh, the turn 7d and the river 8d, giving K7os the nut flush - sound about right??? lol

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahhhh $1 SNGs. Donkfest at it's best. Almost as good as freerolls! Let me predict what will happen if Tim pushes here:
2 people behind will call your push with KhJs and 78s. The original donk who is sitting to Tim's right put the majority of his stack in with Kd7c will call as well. The flop will come AdQdTh, the turn 7d and the river 8d, giving K7os the nut flush - sound about right??? lol

Have you been railing some of my recent tournies on poker stars?..That seems to be the way things usually go when I'm way ahead!

CraigAD

CraigAD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 people behind will call your push with KhJs and 78s. The original donk
who is sitting to Tim's right put the majority of his stack in with Kd7c will call as well. The flop will come AdQdTh, the turn 7d and the river 8d, giving K7os the nut flush - sound about right??? lol

Yep, I would guess you are ahead of the raiser, but with a small and big stack behind you still early in the tournament, doesn't seem like a good spot to get involved.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it's a $1 sng, I would push all in and see what happens. What the heck is he pushing with for $45? Sure AA or KK could be there and he just pushed to see who would come along, but more than likely he has crap and is playing like crap and will probably suck out with his crap. However since you don't have much $$$ invested in the tourney to begin with....call and move on to the next game if you lose.

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 sngs, i didn't realise such things existed

then i saw the rake, man 25%

AD

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being the gambler that i am, i would call him down, if you go allin hes pot commited and will call your allin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. buck:joyman:

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it's a $1 sng, I would push all in and see what happens.
If you play like this, it'll always be $1 SnG's. If you start folding AQs from early position after an all-in from under the gun you'll amass a bank -roll, play $5 and $10 games and start making money. You've got to look at the wider picture, beating one player is one thing, but you've got 6 more players to act, and they're getting better and better odds to call everytime someone goes all-in. Fold this one Tim - nice question.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play like this, it'll always be $1 SnG's. If you start folding AQs from early position after an all-in from under the gun you'll amass a bank -roll, play $5 and $10 games and start making money. You've got to look at the wider picture, beating one player is one thing, but you've got 6 more players to act, and they're getting better and better odds to call everytime someone goes all-in. Fold this one Tim - nice question.

Good point. Maybe I'm on a bad run (actually haven't played in 2 weeks) but when I looked at the screenshot my initial reaction was that the guy is a low limit idiot playing like a craphole. I said call more out of a "when in Rome" attitude instead of trying to play a good game of poker. Probably why I'm still a low limit idiot as well. I sometimes get caught up in the dumb play of my tablemates and start playing just as bad as them.
I change my comment to FOLD and wait for a better spot.