No reads

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New player at table. No reads on villain. But the rest of the table is so tight it squeeks. This is the first playable hand I've gotten in fifty hands. The bet is a hefty one but won't put me out. Tournament pays out to 700th place. 832 left.

Multi-Table TournamentTable NameHand IDGameStakesMTT Table 6613526125-44Holdem No Limit50/100[Nov 22 02:39:58] : Hand Start.[Nov 22 02:39:58] :
Seat 1 : MPWong has $2,250
Seat 2 : sgrondin98 has $1,590
Seat 3 : SG The Man has $4,290
Seat 4 : driften has $8,985
Seat 5 : offend has $1,550
Seat 6 : bubbasbest has $2,330
Seat 7 : Dr.Hooks has $2,440
Seat 8 : qrly123 has $1,610
Seat 9 : slimboooo has $4,195
slimboooo is the dealer
MPWong posted small blind
sgrondin98 posted big blind
Game [44] started with 9 players
Dealing Hole Cards

Seat 6 : bubbasbest has Qd Ad
SG The Man folded
driften folded
offend folded

bubbasbest called 100 and raised 400

Dr.Hooks folded

qrly123 called 500 and raised 1,110 and is All-in

slimboooo folded

MPWong folded

sgrondin98 folded.

bubbasbest ?

Last edited:
JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hard one to fold but you're not in the money yet. I say fold just because I dont have any reads. Once I find out that he's as loose as most players online I would call but not yet.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to fold. Doubtful he's re-raising with AJ or anything you really beat. You're anywhere from a coinflip to a big dog. If you think there's a reasonable chance that he has a pair smaller than a Q, I guess pot odds would suggest you call, but being that it's a tournament where you can probably assume you're a much better player than most of the field and survival takes precedence, I would lay this down.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10x bb left, could be pushing with any ace & any pair. call 700 to win a 2400 pot. Could go either way.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true he's only got 10 BBs left, but it seems unlikely that he'd choose now to make his stand unless he's really got a hand better than just any ace. He's in the cutoff now, which means he has lots of time to wait for a better hand or just a better situation. If the table has been tight, it makes no sense to do it here with anything less than a good pair when someone has shown strength preflop and is pretty likely to call. Although a lot of things internet players do make no sense...

That being said, I really wouldn't blame anyone for calling here. On average, pot odds are probably on your side. I just prefer surviving and finding better spots to outplay people.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, villain has 16bb. Pot is 2260 and it's 1110 to call. I do sympathize 'cos the hh is in an awful format though (what site is that?)

Raise 3*bb preflop and maybe you can get away when pushed into but getting 2:1 you pretty much have to call here, especially accounting for the chances villain has a weaker Ace or even something like KQs.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd give it a go, you've folded 50 straight and this may be the best you are going to get. For 2/1 odds i'd take a coin toss, you're behind AA KK and QQ (admittedly these hands are more than possible due to the all-in), but even if you are behind you can catch (suited gives you marginally more chance), and as Dorkus said Ax KQ etc are possibilites too.

(And anyway, you don't want to be holding on for 700th here, you want to be aiming for 1st).

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, even though you're close to the money, you're not that close! 132 players have to go out and you have only 1930 left (after the 400 raise). Your hands are not going to get much better than his hand. You're only up against this one player. You have to get chips at some point and you have been patient for a while. Now is the time to make a move. Call.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot is 1650 and it's 710 to call. His range is big enough that you have to have odds to call this - any pair and AT+, possibly KQ.

If he has AK or AA, KK then so be it, but a coinflip is tremendous value for you here.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha ha, I just read the other responses and I got the pot size etc wrong...

....still a call though with plenty of odds goodness :)

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agonising decision. The scale tips in favour of call though, for the following:
- Pot odds are ~2:1. That's not bad. you're +EV against an awful lot of hands. In fact, anything besides AA, AK, KK. (Surprisingly) you're even EV neutral against QQ!
- He could be taking advantage of the fact that he's new, and no-one will have a read yet.
- You've got to gamble occasionally.