NLHE Deep Stacked: Foxwoods Daily $230 Tournament

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL HE Deep Stacked: Foxwoods Daily $230 Tournament

Villain is by far the worst player at the table, I have seen him do some of the worst moves ever and break him more times than give him the occasional big suck-out for the pot. He as open limp/folded to a raise like 20 times lol just bad.

Blinds: 400-800 100 ante 43 remaining out of 87

I'm in MP and Villain is UTG..he open shoves 14500, I cover and have 24k...one call to me and I have AA..I shove!??! I did shove, but with the other caller, I know he isn't going to call an overshove by me, so should I have just called!?!? He folded. Villain had 10 10 and the other guy had 10 10 as well. :mad: I know it's the right play to get head's up, but I could have more than doubled up, especially when I rapped it up with a A36 board flopping me the set.

I ended up chopping this tournament 4 ways, but don't know if calling or raising there was the right play and I've been playing big MTT's for a while now...any help would be good.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played, your going 3way with your AA as it stands, going 4way is certainly bad.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds of beating one player with AA are better than beating two players. I've made the mistake many times of not isolating holding AA soon enough, only to have it come back to bite me. You made the right move.

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that Point in tourney certainly is the right choice. Congratz on your cash in tourney too

razin-n-blazin

razin-n-blazin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The winning percentages for AA start to drop significantly the more players you are up against. Your isolating is by far the best play there. I would do that 100% of the time in that situation. Dumb luck and highly, highly unlikely they have the same hand.

One thing I've noticed in my few years of playing hold'em is when three or more people are in the hand each holding a pocket pair, one of them will hit a set very often. Let's say the other player had JJ, QQ, or KK you don't want to be taking any chances there.

Good job on cashing.

A

All in with a2c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did the right thing by moving all in. If you had just called pre flop and got a second caller, once the A36 hit the board he knows his 10 10 is no good and folds.

Granted you could of had another 14k but why lesson your odds of winning with more people in the pot. The more people in the pot the more outs you have to dodge. You had no way of knowing they had the same hand (anyone know those odds) but still isolation is key.

Great job on your cash