$ NL HE MTT: !!!! Did I do the right thing??

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 200/400 (50 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

BGrajons (UTG): 10,136 (25 bb)
fisharkey (UTG+1): 23,071 (58 bb)
IronMike9801 (MP): 5,111 (13 bb)
ratbat615 (MP+1): 17,328 (43 bb)
babuin72 (LP): 7,927 (20 bb)
silversnpp (CO): 8,600 (22 bb)
Lacroir (BU): 5,656 (14 bb)
FERNANDO R01997 (SB): 5,170 (13 bb)
ecolife (BB): 9,810 (25 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,050) Hero (ratbat615) is MP+1 with A 6
1 fold, fisharkey (UTG+1) raises to 1,000, 1 fold, ratbat615 (MP+1) calls 1,000, 4 players fold, ecolife (BB) calls 600

Flop: (3,650) K 4 3 (3 players)
ecolife (BB) checks, fisharkey (UTG+1) bets 3,000, ratbat615 (MP+1) calls 3,000, ecolife (BB) folds

Turn: (9,650) 9 (2 players)
fisharkey (UTG+1) bets 14,000, ratbat615 (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 9,650
fisharkey (UTG+1) wins 9,650

Preflop: I picked up A6od in mp+1 with 43bb the utg+1 raises to 2.5 bb with 58bb and is also the chip leader the villain ranges are AXs and 55s+ and maybe KQ so if I hit a A I am willing to check fold if I don’t hit two pair anyway I call and the bb calls with 25bbs .

Flop: K ♠️ 4 ♦️ and 3 ♦️ I have the nut flush draw the bb checks and the utg+1 bets about pot . I put the villain on a K maybe AK KQ but the pot size bet makes me feel like a week K maybe K9s KJ that does not want to see a A I really wanted to raise but the chip leader nope . I called.and the bb folds.

Turn: 9oc the villain moves all in for my tournament life I fold .

Summary: maybe just fold pre .

Thank you 🙏 for any help would be appreciated.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I support the fold. That was an overbet of the pot, and you didn't have the right odds, given the number of outs you had, to call that bet. Especially given that this would have ended your tournament.

I'd also argue that it could have been a fold pre-flop. Suited aces are nice, but you weren't necessarily in the best position and you didn't have much of a kicker for your ace. It was a nice flop for you and I'd love someone to help out with determining if you even had the right odds to call the flop bet.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
As played, I support the fold. That was an overbet of the pot, and you didn't have the right odds, given the number of outs you had, to call that bet. Especially given that this would have ended your tournament.

I'd also argue that it could have been a fold pre-flop. Suited aces are nice, but you weren't necessarily in the best position and you didn't have much of a kicker for your ace. It was a nice flop for you and I'd love someone to help out with determining if you even had the right odds to call the flop bet.
Thank you 🙏 for your comment I agree ☝️

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Apart from the fact, UTG+1 should be on a very tight range, the problem with calling here is, that everyone behind have rejam stacks, and you dont want to call it off against any of them. So when that happen, you wont even get to see a flop. And if you mostly going to continue against UTG+1, when you make a flush, then you are just not getting good enough odds to make this call. So for me I just fold here and wait for the next hand.

Flop
3.000 is a pretty large bet, but even so I dont think, you can fold the nut flushdraw just yet. I dont see any reason to raise either though, since he is likely on a very strong range. So you would just be getting it in against his AA or AK or whatever, and you are behind to those hands.

Turn
You are the effective stack, so its "only" 13.328 for you to call. But that is still an overbet, and with only one more card left you come you are clearly not getting the right odds to continue drawing.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally agree with Fundiver on this hand and would say that is the correct way to go. I will add though that if we know villain is loose (and this is a freeroll) and aggressive post flop then I dont hate jamming the flop because in that scenario then we are talking way wider than even just Kx and even against Kx here we are 46-47% give or take. Even if villain had KQ of diamonds here which we think would be death we are 40.5% so we wouldnt be getting in that bad. Problem with that move is that I dont think we get anything to fold that beats us including a hand like JJ since if villain is raising that large with JJ on this board then they are probably calling. I just dont like calling here though since we know we are going to face the music on the turn so then we are calling a large bet knowing we are only going to see one card before having to face another bet. I dont like folding either because after we call pre flop (a fairly large mistake in my opinion not being super deep) then why the hell would we fold after getting the flop we get? So its a hand you got stuck in since you called pre when a fold is by far the better choice. The stacks behind that FunDiver mentions is also another big reason not to call this pre.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, this is a very early call with an A6s, I can see this in BTN-BB's calling range. So fold is a great option pre.

Opp really raising the sht about that combination, don't see such a reason to overbet that Turn 150% here, but at this point you should fold everything above another 4Kish+ fire.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I generally agree with Fundiver on this hand and would say that is the correct way to go. I will add though that if we know villain is loose (and this is a freeroll) and aggressive post flop then I dont hate jamming the flop because in that scenario then we are talking way wider than even just Kx and even against Kx here we are 46-47% give or take. Even if villain had KQ of diamonds here which we think would be death we are 40.5% so we wouldnt be getting in that bad. Problem with that move is that I dont think we get anything to fold that beats us including a hand like JJ since if villain is raising that large with JJ on this board then they are probably calling. I just dont like calling here though since we know we are going to face the music on the turn so then we are calling a large bet knowing we are only going to see one card before having to face another bet. I dont like folding either because after we call pre flop (a fairly large mistake in my opinion not being super deep) then why the hell would we fold after getting the flop we get? So its a hand you got stuck in since you called pre when a fold is by far the better choice. The stacks behind that FunDiver mentions is also another big reason not to call this pre.
I was floating I had a strategy to do some floating in this tournament 🏟 but you are right the way the hand was played I probably was ahead cause why bet so much? Question 🙋‍♀️ does KK bet that much? ? But JTod 54od 89od will definitely do that . Thank you for your comment.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 200/400 (50 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

BGrajons (UTG): 10,136 (25 bb)
fisharkey (UTG+1): 23,071 (58 bb)
IronMike9801 (MP): 5,111 (13 bb)
ratbat615 (MP+1): 17,328 (43 bb)
babuin72 (LP): 7,927 (20 bb)
silversnpp (CO): 8,600 (22 bb)
Lacroir (BU): 5,656 (14 bb)
FERNANDO R01997 (SB): 5,170 (13 bb)
ecolife (BB): 9,810 (25 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,050) Hero (ratbat615) is MP+1 with A 6
1 fold, fisharkey (UTG+1) raises to 1,000, 1 fold, ratbat615 (MP+1) calls 1,000, 4 players fold, ecolife (BB) calls 600

Flop: (3,650) K 4 3 (3 players)
ecolife (BB) checks, fisharkey (UTG+1) bets 3,000, ratbat615 (MP+1) calls 3,000, ecolife (BB) folds

Turn: (9,650) 9 (2 players)
fisharkey (UTG+1) bets 14,000, ratbat615 (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 9,650
fisharkey (UTG+1) wins 9,650

Preflop: I picked up A6od in mp+1 with 43bb the utg+1 raises to 2.5 bb with 58bb and is also the chip leader the villain ranges are AXs and 55s+ and maybe KQ so if I hit a A I am willing to check fold if I don’t hit two pair anyway I call and the bb calls with 25bbs .

Flop: K ♠️ 4 ♦️ and 3 ♦️ I have the nut flush draw the bb checks and the utg+1 bets about pot . I put the villain on a K maybe AK KQ but the pot size bet makes me feel like a week K maybe K9s KJ that does not want to see a A I really wanted to raise but the chip leader nope . I called.and the bb folds.

Turn: 9oc the villain moves all in for my tournament life I fold .

Summary: maybe just fold pre .

Thank you 🙏 for any help would be appreciated.
Watching replayer no results known

Stopped before your action UTG makes it 2.5 and there are several shove stacks behind us- we should have a plan before we take action on how possible a shove will be and that dictates us folding this hand if UTG is a tighter player or agg and will reshove.

We call BB calls- Flop is good for us but not great- now we want to have a plan on how sticky do we want to be on this flop?
Is there a way to get to show down cheaply- can we steal this pot? How sticky will the UTG player be? Will we play for the BB stack if they attack this spot?

UTG bets 85% pot ohhh ohhh - We are now in a very ugly spot because the BB can XR shove and the UTG can reshove and then we have to fold to protect our stack equity in the tournament. We want to know this possibility before we call-
If we call UTG can shove the turn and considering this sizing this very well could be the plan so we want to look at our equity based on seeing one card only if we miss that greatly reduces our equity
How likely is this V doing a one and done bet so that we get to see the river?

Can we raise? How many UTG do you know who take this action planning on folding to a raise? We need fold equity to raise here

Turn UTG shoves ---did we have enough equity to call the flop bet if we suspected this was coming? Which we could have as I stated above.

Ok to review we could have folded preflop due to table dynamics and stack size. 40bb eff vs UTG- GTO wants us to fold-- we could have folded on the flop due to anticipating UTG turn action and as hard as it is mentally to fold a a flush draw here- folding to the flop action and the soon to be turn action is how we play a better strategy than our standard V.

:unsure::geek:

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well villan is the boardcaptain so you normally has to stay out of the way, unless you get a decent hand or hit the flop, it might be ok to call here, but A6s is not the best in the long run, A5 would be better as you have more opportunities.
Now you do not hit anything so it is goodbye right after you see you have missed the flop or if you really want a fight and have the balls for it, then go allin on him after the flop.

And you can be tablecaptain....