Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
B

buddysmoker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament. Blinds are 200-400 with 25 antes. I have 14,000 chips. 9 handed.

I'm in the cutoff seat with: AhTc

Everyone folds and I raise to 1200. Button folds and the small blind goes all in for a total of 5000. I don't have much information on this guy, except that he seems solid and I assume that he has some kind of real hand. What should I do? Why?

Call
Fold

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold, you are only getting 1.8-1 on your money to call and with a solid range (AQ+,99+) you don't have the odds for a call. Course it would help if you had any stats or described what kind of hands opponent has showndown in the last 30 min or so.

M

m00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, definately a fold. You dont want to go to showdown with AT when he can eeeasily dominate your hand..

Also, try out the "small ball" thing, only raise to 2.5x BB, so in this example to 1000. You would have saved 200 chips :)

A

arasgogce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold

Definitely fold. In hold'em call should be the last choice to play

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy fold for the reasons stated by jilly.
In this situation, it's not very smart to risk more than 1/3rd your stack with A-10.
With the size of the blinds you have plenty of time to wait for a better spot to call such a bet.
My general rule is not to call an all-in unless it's only for 10% of my stack or less with the holding you have.

J

jimma97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold,because i have a good stack.He is not scared of you knowing you raised that much preflop,and still he went all in.Id say he has a hi pocket pair or AK.Its not worth risking your chips, considering he seems like a solid player.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold wait for a better time. The best you can be is 50/50.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd need to be getting 3:1 minimum to make this call. Domination is likely, but there will be some races, so I think getting 3:1 would make calling slightly profitable. Also if you think you have extra edge by having some play in your stack, then you stand to lose more edge by losing the hand than you gain by winning.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should absolutely fold in this situation. Your not getting good odds for your money, you could easily be dominated, or in a race. Why risk your tournament life on it?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
while I tend to agree, I sure would like more tourney info, like, how far from the bubble are we, and what is YOUR image at the table. If you have a loose image at the table, and SB knows this, he would be much more likely to be shoving light. But if you can't tell us about him, then perhaps he just showed up at the table. In which case you have to give him the benefit of he doubt here.

With the blinds at 200-400, SB shouldn't be feeling much pressure to act, and act soon, but he is getting a bit antsy with his 'm' slipping below 10, so that becomes important. If you are the chip leader at the table, there are other facets involved, but more info is how we can generally help you even more.

Folding in Poker