naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
micro NL HE Turbo: How to play this draw

hey all, I`ve got this hand I played recently and I can`t figure out if my line was really a bad line to take or not, so I would like you all to tell me if this line is really a bad line or not. I know, many ppl have said stop playing suited cards OOP but it`s one of those things that i`m really trying to lower my calling frequencies with yet at the same time, this game in question was an Ultra Turbo steps on UB, and this hand was an iffer hand.

About the oppent in the hand, all I can say is I`ve took this line up against him or her twice prior and I just felt that I there was no other choice in this hand. Also this player has been a type to raise and then C-BET and then Double barrel regardless of the turn. Other then that I can`t say more.

Stage #1512560925 Tourney ID 4164020 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $10 - 2009-03-07 03:15:44 (ET)
Table: 27423872 (real money) Seat #1 is the dealer
Seat 1 - UNI101 ($1445 in chips)
Seat 2 - BLOKAZ ($1470 in chips)
Seat 3 - NARUTO_MIU ($1730 in chips)
Seat 4 - WYLIEJAX ($1500 in chips)
Seat 5 - LILELECTRICBY ($1500 in chips)
Seat 6 - FLOPHIGH111 ($1265 in chips)
Seat 7 - GRNDRAGON ($1390 in chips)
Seat 8 - SLICKSDADDY ($1495 in chips)
Seat 9 - TXRANGER ($1705 in chips)
BLOKAZ - Posts small blind $5
NARUTO_MIU - Posts big blind $10
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to NARUTO_MIU [6c 8c]
WYLIEJAX - Folds
LILELECTRICBY - Folds
FLOPHIGH111 - Calls $10
GRNDRAGON - Folds
SLICKSDADDY - Folds
TXRANGER - Calls $10
UNI101 - Raises $75 to $75
BLOKAZ - Folds
NARUTO_MIU - Calls $65
FLOPHIGH111 - Calls $65
TXRANGER - Folds
*** FLOP *** [2c 7s 5h]
NARUTO_MIU - Checks
FLOPHIGH111 - Checks
UNI101 - Bets $240
NARUTO_MIU - Calls $240
FLOPHIGH111 - Folds

Now my question is should we A) be calling with the draw, or take a more aggressive line with it. Now assuming we were to take a harder line with it, then we must also face the possible allin to ensue, or the Call and then ship the rest of the chips that are going to go into the pot, so my over all question is how do we act on this flop, to make our oppent not realize that we have a draw, and to make our hand rep alot harder then it really is, does that make sence at all. T(he reason btw I did`nt use any question marks is simple my comp is messing up and I can`t seem to get the shif and other button to make the question symbol if your all wondering)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have position and to call this flop bet leaves you in the middle of the pack. Since your read is that the opponent will bet again on any turn you have an easy choice to fold or go AI on the turn card. You can easily shove the turn with any A,3,4,5,7,9 and any club.

With these Turbos, I think a better game is to play tight early until you get to where it is shove/fold time. You don't have the implied odds here to really play suited connectors oop.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to figure out why you call a raise with 6, 8 suited.:confused:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to figure out why you call a raise with 6, 8 suited.:confused:

It was one of those step things on UB, so I mean yes the call is bad (but not really all that bad is it)? Not to mention, with blinds raising every 2 minutes or so, I did'nt see another way to play this game, except for extremely loose aggressive style.

I would now like to talk about the turn, it was an Ac, on the turn, I'll let you all know what I did, but just curious as to what to do here, should we lead out on the turn, or should we check the turn, and see what the villain does in that situation. Assuming we lead out, then we would be pot committed in the hand, and assuming we checked they lead out thus pot committing themselves, what are your moves, in that case.

FYI: Only reason I'm writing the hand out now, is because I actually deleted the HH for this, and don't feel like going on about all the trouble of looking for the rest of this hand

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being OOP then yeah, it is a bad call preflop of the raise. The flop is good for us though but villains bet is so big on the flop it is too expensive to see just one card. I would guess 90% of the time villain double barrels turn if we miss and check. So on the flop, I would either fold, which is kind of weak, or ship it in and hope he was raising and c-betting with two high cards and we have a lot of live outs. I am not a turbo player but we are obviously gambling when calling a raise with these suited one-gappers so I would go all-in, try and max fold equity, which is small anyway, and hope for to hit.

On the turn, I bet trying to get a fold and to stop villain betting big again. If we are raised we have to get it in as still have a lot of outs to double up and we have committed too many chips.

It is a clear fold preflop though.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would now like to talk about the turn, it was an Ac, on the turn, I'll let you all know what I did, but just curious as to what to do here, should we lead out on the turn, or should we check the turn, and see what the villain does in that situation.

Ship it all in. You have huge draws, it's time to go big or start another Turbo.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ship it all in. You have huge draws, it's time to go big or start another Turbo.

I'm extremly greedy:D. So what I did was I checked the turn knowing full well villain was going to bet and end up pot committing himself/herself with air. Like I was hoping they ended up betting and leaving themselves with like 480 or so, and I did end up shipping it all in, and they tank and folded:D.

The play even though was really bad play for the fact that villain could've thought, heck I'm already committed so much into this hand, and have so little left why not give him the rest, but for w/e reason they were scared and ended up folding, not to mention I wanted to truelly get a real DU or get out, and also I really new this play had nada a single card on that flop, and that the turn did not help him/her our.

So with a read like that is that play really a bad play over all still?

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But why check to pot commit him when we know he has air but is still ahead of us! KQ with no flush draw no anything has us beat, ship it in on the turn and max out the fold equity with 8 high.

There is no way with an ace on board to know that he has air, no way at all. We should shove the flop if we suspect something.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But why check to pot commit him when we know he has air but is still ahead of us! KQ with no flush draw no anything has us beat, ship it in on the turn and max out the fold equity with 8 high.

There is no way with an ace on board to know that he has air, no way at all. We should shove the flop if we suspect something.

No don't get me wrong your correct in the fact that I could'nt been 100% sure they did not hit that ace, yet I don't know how to explain it (It was more of a gut feeling, that was like say 80% sure:D that they did not hit). Now your also correct, in the fact that by pot committing them we belittle our fold equity chances, but that's why I stated, I'm really greedy, which is one of the things I really need to start working on, being less greedy, yet poker is a greedy game, atleast for me:p.

Oddly enough, I played in another one of these today, and it's always 9 players, UT, and top 2 advance, I made it to round 6, the funny part about this story is my greedy moves (Constantly waiting for ppl to commit themselves, and then just shipping it in on the turn:D), was workiing out, really well btw, up untill round 6:D, went from chip leader with 4 left (lol), to getting called twice by 2 different players, with Khigh, on an ace high board, and I had nada (lol).

So close to round 7, and yet so far away

Last edited: