* * 3♣
* * Potsize: 7230
River:
* * 10♥
* * MP3 shows a straight, Queen high
* * Hero shows a pair of Kings
* * MP3 wins the pot (7,230) with a straight, Queen high

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

I'm on the button. The only thing I can think I should have probably done different is make a slightly bigger raise preflop.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more preflop and next time post in Bad beats forum.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Analysis: Raise more preflop otherwise play it exactly the same every time.

If you really want feedback and analysis post street by street without results or leading titles/text next time.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of it like this if your opponent went all-in and showed you his cards would you have still called? If the answer is Hell Ya! (as is the case here) you've probably played the hand correctly.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, umm, not much more you can do here, you actually got what you wanted and donk hit the miracle 4 outer, wait, not 4 outer, more like 9 outer, regardless, I think you got what you wanted here.

Jam it preflop, they go away, and you win a small pot, wait again, the SS SB called the preflop raise?? That's a bad play on their part (call 1/3 stack to fold on flop bets), but makes your play more profitable...

I agree to reraise more preflop(4x), especially since you made a good flop reraise (4x). Your hole cards are stronger pleflop, yet you make a 2.5X raise, than they are on that flop, where you do the 4x raise. Regardless, wouldn't surprise me if the hand played out basically the same way.

MP3 played this hand poorly, great raise preflop with QJo(not), call a reraise??, hit TPDK, bet again, get reraised, and go allin, wtf???, and then got lucky...

Not much you can do here, not even sure MP3 even realizes they have a gutshot outdraw...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cooler, not much you can do.

A slightly larger raise before the flop might have been in order, but the villain was only given really good odds before the flop because the small blind decided to come along too. Most of the time against a raise and a re-raise you'd expect the blinds to either raise again (if they wake up with AA/KK) or get out of the way.

So I don't think there are any major mistakes here. Better luck next time.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say this is a bad beat (9 outs so 35% to hit). Reraise more on the flop but apart from that you played it right. Just a little unlucky.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine, except you should have raised just a little more preflop and on the flop. 600 preflop and raise to 1600 on flop. Btw, this wasn't a bad beat at all, villian had 5 outs to make two pair/trips and 4 outs for a straight, for 9 total outs. Multiplay by 4 and you get about 36%, so you were a little more than a coinflip to win, about 64% to win. A bad beat is flopping top set and stacking against top pair top kicker, then losing to runner runner flush like I did last night.

N

nathanthomp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much echoing everyone else. You want calls like this. Stuff happens... get over it.