KK on bubble of Satellite

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough decision, I'm going to use my time bank but I think you have to shove it in. you are not going to see much better cards than this. Push it and hope the board misses the big stack.

djrudeboy

djrudeboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is always a gamble

you've the the second best hand possible (pre-flop.) if you are not going to gamble here you should not play poker at all. (or any other game of chance for that matter.

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are short stacked. Definetly have to shove. You have the 2nd best starting hand in holdem. If he has AA then so be it, but chances are slim.
Once your in the money it is time to gamble more. Not stupid gambling but smart gambling and shoving with KK is smart gambling.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're joking? Right?

With barely 11BB, how can you fold here? What are you waiting for? ppA?
I never said to fold. You said 'I'll tell you why....' and I'd really like to hear why you would shove here. And why the suspense? Why not just come out and say what is on your mind?
You fail to understand it's a satellite which changes the dynamics of the game completely. People not only will shove/call shoves with tighter ranges meaning our equity isn't as good on average, but we're not playing to win, we're playing to cash which means survival >>> chip accumulation.
ChuckT pretty much gave the answer I was going to give.

Chuck, do you mean shove/call shoves wider ranges?

Last edited:
Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you have enough chips compared to the other short stacks to fold here. If you fold this hand you may eventually forced to push/steal with an even weaker hand, especially if the shortstack doubles up.

If the big stack was super lag to the point he was raising 8-9 out of 10 hands he's probably not folding to any raise, except for maybe donkey's raise, he's probably going to care less if hes ahead or not because he's virtually guaranteed a spot, so to eliminate a player if he's been playing super lag he'll definitely take cheap risks in comparison to his stack to knock someone off, especially when he knows that even when he loses he can just blind steal continuously the following hands.

this qould probably be a harder decision if you had dream's stack size and I think it be a much easier fold probably if you have donkey's stack / 2500+ here, but your not really out of the clear enough to fold kings here, yet at the same time if your hand holds here your pretty much good for the tourney. If you fold this you may very well end up in a steal battle with the bottom player

All in all, I think the risk of folding into the money/sat. and losing here is greater than that your chances of losing a preflop all in with kk's that basically stamps your place in the money/sat.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2000+ chips and I'd say this is an easy fold. As it stands, I don't think you have enough of a cushion to fold to the money. I believe if he were to shove here, calling with KK+ would be correct, so shoving definitely should be +$EV.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said to fold. You said 'I'll tell you why....' and I'd really like to hear why you would shove here. And why the suspense? Why not just come out and say what is on your mind?

[honest]Read the HH wrong, my bad[/honest]

I posted bet 1100. That is the shorty amount, but they folded already.

Ok, sure, satellite on ITM. When I post 'play to win', you play to win the hand, else why bother. Grab a cold one, and fold your way into, whatever.

I'm NOT folding here, raise to 1100, wait for caller(s), and put the bigstack to the decision to put you allin. You could win the hand right here, or they put you allin, and you insta call here.

They have A6s.... Easy read.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a good play but sometimes you just get unlucky. You didn't have too many chips more chips than 5th..if he won a few pots you would of been last.

MissVien

MissVien

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get unlucky, so be it.. You don't have the chips to wait for pocket aces. Which would be the only hand you would play if you fold this.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yawn, bet 1100.

would be a different HH

SusieP

SusieP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in, most likely you get blinds or get called by lower pocket pair where you have a really good chance of doubling up. best situation is ak then your all good.

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yawn, bet 1100. would be a different HH

This has me really curious...He said he shoved (total 1590 in chips), and got an instacall from A6, then was outflopped. How is it different if he only puts 1100 in?

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do your posts even make sense to you?

Absolutely. vaksquish, read NO further!

Ok, here is the deal:

This is post about how my ppK gets called by a donk/fish with A6s, or A6o, and I lose. Bad beat, get over it.

This is a post about, can I play my ppK any better, and get the dblup+, coz I want donk/fish big stack, TO PAY ME OFF, with Ax. And we get the same result, as above scenario.

This is a post about, weehee, weehee, I have ppK, guaranteed to win this pot, ALLIN! oops, I lose to preflop madness...

This is a post about, is it possible to win this hand?

Well, I read the HH wrong, my bad, thought small stack was still to act.

Weak bigstack raise.
You have ppK, and 10BB+
IF the shorty, had not folded, bet 1100. Actually doesn't matter...
Betting 1100 commits you for all your chips, not folding leaving 400 behind...
1100 is a very confounding bet, as it is close to a 2.1Xraise, shows strength.
Also shows another button to DA, who will donk off with "the worst Ace".
Kinda what you want here, right????

Does DA:

call the 1100
shove back
fold

We know they call the shove. Would they call the 1100?

Learn to mix up your game...

guppystew

guppystew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice way to present the situation
Damn Ace-Rag
funny how pre answer . everyone is like push (although it was rt. thing to do)
then post answer the old hindsight bug gets ya

J

jaymorin123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i think you would have to shove here and get all your money in, there's a good chance your way ahead. If your up against aces there's not much you can do but hope for a king.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. vaksquish, read NO further!
...You fail at being funny/creative.

Ok, here is the deal:

This is post about how my ppK gets called by a donk/fish with A6s, or A6o, and I lose. Bad beat, get over it.
...You fail at understanding the Zach's question in this situation.

This is a post about, can I play my ppK any better, and get the dblup+, coz I want donk/fish big stack, TO PAY ME OFF, with Ax. And we get the same result, as above scenario.
...You still fail at understanding.

This is a post about, weehee, weehee, I have ppK, guaranteed to win this pot, ALLIN! oops, I lose to preflop madness...
...I think you also fail at reading.

This is a post about, is it possible to win this hand?
...No, it's not. Oh and you still fail at understanding the post.

Weak bigstack raise.
You have ppK, and 10BB+
IF the shorty, had not folded, bet 1100. Actually doesn't matter...
Betting 1100 commits you for all your chips, not folding leaving 400 behind...
1100 is a very confounding bet, as it is close to a 2.1Xraise, shows strength.
...No, it isn't and no it doesn't, not in this situation.

Also shows another button to DA, who will donk off with "the worst Ace".
Kinda what you want here, right????
...Not in this situation during a satellite.

We know they call the shove. Would they call the 1100?
...Probably, since they're getting getting 2.8:1 to call. What's even worse is the fact that you would even consider only raising 650 more here and leave yourself 415 behind.

Learn to mix up your game...
...There is nothing to 'mix up' here. You probably fail at this, too.
This post is full of EPIC FAIL

L

leavem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 5th player does not have too much less than you. Since only 4 pay you are probably going to have to play a hand or two. It is unlikely that he has AA so I would probably call there. See the flop and if no ace appears then push. You are unlikely to get AA so you have to go with the KK. However this is really one of times when you almost wish for bad hands so someone else will have to play instead of you.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say call then if no A on flop go allin

Problem is lag player is always going to call

If A comes on flop then its a hard decision, but at least you have options

If you werent on bubble or in a satellite then instant allin

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vanquish Theorem #2: If you think you can fold into the money in a satellite, you are probably mistaken.

been there, done that waaaaaaaaaaay too many times! :eek:

I'd say call then if no A on flop go allin
I see the more experienced players are saying shove... so why isn't this an option?

There's one to act after you. If he shoves and villian calls, you can fold and be slightly ahead of small stack who already folded but is about to enter the blinds....and if BB loses, game over. If BB folds (or the unlikely flat call), you still get to act first on the flop... A and no K on the flop you're worse off than folding but again still slightly ahead of the small stack.
No ace and no king on the flop, your biggest fear is someone flopped a set or sitting on bullets, and either you're out or he/they fold and you've got a little more breathing room.

This, I'm guessing is what often gets me in trouble... so if someone can explain it to me I'd really appreciate it!:eek:

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One question. This is a 10 man sit-n-go was it also a turbo? Anyway, it really dosn't matter as I think this is a insta push. This is played almost like a DoN except 4 out of 10 win instead of 5 out of 10. If you didn't push here you would have to push later as these turn into push/fold as the blinds incease.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One question. This is a 10 man sit-n-go was it also a turbo? Anyway, it really dosn't matter as I think this is a insta push. This is played almost like a DoN except 4 out of 10 win instead of 5 out of 10. If you didn't push here you would have to push later as these turn into push/fold as the blinds incease.

Erm... this is a hand from a satellite, and it plays exactly like a satellite.

N

ncscout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me you have to reraise or shove here. The chip leader is very possibly stealing blinds/pots or at least calling with a wider range than normal. If you push the short stack will possibly fold. He doesnt want knocked out either and you have almost the best possible hand preflop. If you don't push this one, what hand will you be looking at next? You can bet it won't be better.

A-RAG

A-RAG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your stack is not that strong to hold onto 4th, blinds still relatively small compared to most satellites at this point of tournament. I would try and double and then cruise home.

Poker Tells