K10 off

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not raise since there are 7 limps? There ae too many players in the pot right now and you need to clear the field. Sure, K, 10 is not a GREAT hand, but good enough to raise in late poistion. The best thing that could happen is everyone folds and you collect their limp ins (epending on how much you raise).

D

dancurry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold-em

seven limpers, one of the Blinds usually raises then your done. Usually not worth it until the last 3 or 4 at a table

SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a strong player picks up this patern , he will make a mistake, he will fold when you make the same raise stealing blinds, because he will think you have a hand also . The guide was intented for low buy in events , from 1 dollar to 20 dollars , and to teach newer players . I play close to what the guide says , with some imagination and i do well ^_^.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely matters what game this is. In a tournament pot odds don't mean as much since you cannot reload when you bust out. You can odds yourself to the cheap seats and be watching from the sidelines.

First and foremost, with that many limpers I would assume at least one person has a pocket pair and you have to be very scared of the slow played set.

K10 with that many limpers is VERY DANGEROUS in a tournament. The only way you can hit this hand hard is four of a kind.

Here are all the things you look for and have to worry about with each flop that you think may be good to you. Hope this sums most of it up:

You best hand here is the straight with the flop of A Q J. You will win the pot but I don't see you getting someone all-in to make alot of money with all those high cards. The only hand that may call a bet would be QJ. AQ or AJ would more than likely have raised preflop to narrow the field. You will have to slow play it and hope some bets into the pot and also hope another high card doesn't hit to get them a full house or you split the pot with the straight.

Three of a kind Ks. You hit a great flop with KK7 flop. You think you just made your hand but what about KQ and KJ (very likely limping hands). You may just be losing all your chips with this one.

Three of a kind 10s. Safer since you have a good kicker and you have all pocket pairs beat if they hit their set. You will more than likely make money on this one.

Two pair. Someone very well could be holding QJ and be on a draw. You have to fire out a pot size bet (7 or 8 BB) to clear out the draws and could get called by someone who has a KQ or KJ. Q or J hits on the turn or river and now you are scared again of a better two pair.

Hit the K for top pair. Kicker troubles to say the least. What do you do if the flop is K Q 10? J 9 suited, KQ, even KJ is now on a draw an may call you down to the river. You check it down and give alot of hand to catch up to you, no thanks. You have to be aggressive and hope your two pair stand or that the flop did not help someone more than you.

Hit the 10. Now you have top pair with a decent kicker. What draws are out there with a flop of 10 7 6, 10 4 5 or 10 9 4? Those who limp with suited connectors or the small PP could milk you on this one with their two pair or set. You bet it out and someone reraises you. Now what?

Next best cases would be a draw for the straight or flush if they were suited. You may have good odds but whoever hit the flop will more than likely fire out hard to protect their hand against so many people so you probably won't get to see the next card cheap.

I would rather save my money and use it for a situation when I am in better control and have better odds of winning the hand.

Cash game I may call here but I still think your odds of winning this hand may not be 1/10.

Last edited:
joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh, and fold if any other flop hits.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Why not raise since there are 7 limps?

In No-Limit: Yes/Maybe as a steal. Large enough to scare off chasers.

In Limit: A Big NO! Since you can only raise one more bet, all you are doing is sweetening the pot and making better odds for the chasers.

Position, game type, table read, etc. also very, very much matter.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assumed it was no-limit hold em.

El Viajero

El Viajero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
If you get a bad flop, throw it - a medium flop (i.e pair of kings or tens) use your judgment on how to proceed and a good flop (trips, straight etc) rake the cash in!

C'mon, it's a very dodgy trips if there're two kings on the board 'cause of the low kicker. A set of tens on the other hand would be a lot nicer and worth raking it in with. I say limp but be very careful...