K-10 is the worse hand for me

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, there are no certain lucky combinations. I rarely play with cards below 10. Although higher cards are also not a guarantee of success, but with them I feel more confident. And not with all the pairs I play, then I look at the opponents.:)

I also have no lucky combinations but K10s i also rarely play because for me it is often to weak to really play it even if you hit.

so lucky numbers no but I have opinions on some hands. so it is kindy the same

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in general if you are going to play K10s and not flop a straight/draw or a flush/draw - then the best thing you could hope for would be a 10...rarely ever is your king any good against solid players. That being said, i think the same goes for the other hands i listed in my previous reply - aside from QJ which can really put you in an awkward spot - the best thing you can hope for with those marginal hands is to flop your kicker...

I love AJ when i flop a Jack or two...but its a pain to play if you flop the Ace. Same principal for KJ, A10, and so on and so forth. You get my point :)

Dont get married to K10 suited - see reasonably priced flops with it - look to smash them and make big hands - don't rely on your king and its kicker - thats my advice

Warriorasf

Warriorasf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate 72o is the worst hand to play, KTs is a good hand if you are losing every time with her is why you are not knowing how to play with her.

N

nowyX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not the cards that win, it's just your bets are not good

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and JJ bad for me
how much I lost on JJ pre-flop
never go for all in before the flop except AA kk
kk is scary to
for kk, I think your win rate is 50%
on AA it's 70 or 80%
be careful and ur the man be the last man standing

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With KTs you can play for straight and flush. When you have got some pairs just play pot control. Dont play for stack. this is some specification for this hand XD

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k 10 is not that bad a hand. there are a lot of hands that are worse than that to deal with though it can be scary.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 A, J 9 are not the best for me. But a pair of 99 is the most))

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KT, QT, KJ...

These are called “trouble hands” for a reason. Playing them
only in position and as the aggressor will keep you out of trouble.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k 10 is not that bad a hand. there are a lot of hands that are worse than that to deal with though it can be scary.

KT, QT, KJ...

These are called “trouble hands” for a reason. Playing them
only in position and as the aggressor will keep you out of trouble.

totally agree. they can be played but they seems to look etter than they are

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with poster who said K10 K J
A10 AJ are difficulty to play unless hit the exact flop Looks good and hard to throw away
Q10 and QJ are easier to play with

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win so much time by this hand
u can win by strait pair and if it's suited u can be win by flush

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I only play that hand if I am on the button ... and I read that my opponents in the blinds are not aggressive and do not defend the blinds ...!

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this hand too.I always lose with these cards.Need to learn fold this hand.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
superstiiton

I always lose having this hand/ I don't know why, I started to notice it last time and now I am afraid of this damn hand, it forces me to click fold. are there any hands you hate above all??

:ks4::10s4: = :goodnight

Definitely understand where youre coming from my friend. We all have those hands that make us " feel " like we lose with it more.

Guess what bud - its a psychological thing. Typically in life ( the news is a great example ) we tend to as human beings were programmed to hold onto negative stuff longer than the positive. Once you get in that mindframe... we're stuck. You can have a person say the same things - I hate KK. An ace always hits the board! Well technically.... the ace is hitting the board as often as its going to hit - statistically. However - when you win with it... you kind of brush it off.

Hand to God. Get a piece of paper and see how you do with K 10 . You might notice it does equally as good / bad as the others. It just feels different when you TELL yourself its not good for you - your brain latches onto the times where it doesnt work out.

But anyway - to answer your question haha. Its the flipside for me. Ive tried to program myself to live an " In with the good, out with the bad " mentality.

For whatever reason i FEEL like I flop straights constantly with Q8. Also think about the time that you spend with those specific hands. Clicking fold is so easy and typically as online players we let go of the hand even faster because its just a click. Live play you might feel different about K10 as well.

Hope that gave you some insight. Fun topic to talk about :)

Have a great day and best of luck at the tables

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJ Q10

Agree with poster who said K10 K J
A10 AJ are difficulty to play unless hit the exact flop Looks good and hard to throw away
Q10 and QJ are easier to play with

Dude those are totally those marginal hands where I feel like I get in extra sticky situations. Pretending flop is Q 7 4 rainbow.... Im typically betting the top pair if action is checked to me. At that point I typically through out like a 1/3 pot bet to try and get a sense of where everyones at... weed out the possibly 7 4 sets. If I get callers... im either checking or just flatting at their mercy and not feeling too in control at that point.

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude those are totally those marginal hands where I feel like I get in extra sticky situations. Pretending flop is Q 7 4 rainbow.... Im typically betting the top pair if action is checked to me. At that point I typically through out like a 1/3 pot bet to try and get a sense of where everyones at... weed out the possibly 7 4 sets. If I get callers... im either checking or just flatting at their mercy and not feeling too in control at that point.

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

thats true!
With pair of Kings you can lose only vs AK, QK. But with QT you will be pay to AQ KQ KJ (Excluding other combos - sets, 2pairs etc). It is a just a mathematic

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not exactly

thats true!
With pair of Kings you can lose only vs AK, QK. But with QT you will be pay to AQ KQ KJ (Excluding other combos - sets, 2pairs etc). It is a just a mathematic

Well.. that's not necessarily true. You said " with kings you can lose only vs AK QK .

There are pleeeenty of people who will mess around with those A X suited... ex. A2spades A3spades whatever... and those are the ones that irritate me the most because you run it back in your head like " why are you playing that garbage hand against my monster raise "... just gotta roll with the punches. Typically if an A is flopped and I have KK im betting the flop to see where theyre at and gauge it. If you're getting flatters you just gotta keep it together. Raises I usually muck my KK after that point. Just a thought.

Great point though!!

Travis
BCP- horseshoebhole

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not exactly

thats true!

Shoot! My internet died out while I was at the end of my post.

Anyway you said " With pair of Kings you can lose only vs AK QK. "

Have to remember there are people that even with a preflop raise theyre gonna get in there with like A 5 suited... it just happens and you have to roll with the punches.

Strategy wise when I have KK and there is an A on the flop... I typically wont call any raises but if it gets to be my turn ill throw out just a feeler bet like 1/3 of the pot to see where anyone is at. If theyre just flatting you have to be cautious in that spot obviously. Any re raising and im mucking it 90 percent of the time unless I have that person erally really figured out.

Great point though I like it!

Travis
BCP - Blackchippoker

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoot! My internet died out while I was at the end of my post.

Anyway you said " With pair of Kings you can lose only vs AK QK. "

Have to remember there are people that even with a preflop raise theyre gonna get in there with like A 5 suited... it just happens and you have to roll with the punches.

Travis
BCP - Blackchippoker

You can lost vs A5 and with QT xD. I mean that with AJ your have less dominating hands ;)

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
barrier

You can lost vs A5 and with QT xD. I mean that with AJ your have less dominating hands ;)

Ah okay. I think I understand what you were getting at. There might be a bit of a language barrier between us. Where are you from friend? But again to touch on your original post... it really is just a mind game with some of those hands. Hey though - if youre taking stats and you know that hand just isnt working out for you. Forget that mother mucker :)

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like AQh))
I with this hand lost the dream bank at the final table))
but this is just an accident, but I still don't like that hand))нана

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah okay. I think I understand what you were getting at. There might be a bit of a language barrier between us. Where are you from friend? But again to touch on your original post... it really is just a mind game with some of those hands. Hey though - if youre taking stats and you know that hand just isnt working out for you. Forget that mother mucker :)

yeap. My English is not a perfect :) I am from Russia ;)

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No worries

yeap. My English is not a perfect :) I am from Russia ;)

Hey that's no problem at all I could get the gist of it. The good news is that Russia or America... the deck still has 52 cards my friend :) Have a wonderful Sunday and best of luck to you at the tables!!

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check my database and I notice KT is my worst performance for all broadway hands. Also AJ and JT is not so good for me aswell.

I will be more careful with these hands in the future, the reverse implied odds are high when you hit your top pair with not best kicker and can end up big loser.

I notice I have lost a few big pots with this hand from having the 2nd best hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands