JJ raise and re raise

mellyy85

mellyy85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bo dog multiable tourney: blinds 40 and 80 I just got moved to a new table so i have no reads on anyone!!!!

me: 5k in chips

original raiser: 4k

reraiser:1600k

(OR) who is third to act makes it 240 to play i look down at JJ 3 spots away from the button and pop it up to 640. (RR) next to me reraises all in very fast for his last 1600 chips? The original raiser folds then it is left to me to call 1000 more? There is about 2500 in the pot now with his rasie. What hands are you putting him on? And is it right to call or to fold?

Thanks guys ill let you know what I did and what happens after some threads!!!

be a degnerate and gamble,
mellyy85

I

IVEverLow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much is the buyin and are there rebuys available? If it's a nice chunk to buy in I fold. If it's cheap or a free roll I call, watch him flip over 49offsuit, hit a flush with his 4 on the river, throw up a little bit in my mouth, rebuy and continue.

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you lost you would still be in a good position: about 3500 and blinds aren't that steep yet.

Personally, I would make a call here - if he is holding a higher pair then you haven't seriously been damaged.

But, it depends what type of player is - is he a gambler and/or aggressive or what?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are getting about 2.5:1 on your money, and you are about 2:1 vs a range of 77+, ATo+. Probably a call, as you will still have 40+bb even if you lose. You could make the argument to fold as well though (third bet is usually KK or AA).

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing this game, he will have like QQ or 10-10. Either way you can't fold that, JJ and who knows what he has and it's not that big of a reraise....

:p

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with everyone here, calling is the best option here. Without having a read on villain, his range is broad, including weak aces and suited paint cards if it's a donkament: you're not necessarily behind and if you are, well, you have 5 cards to improve your hand without adding another chip into the pot.

The only time I'd fold this is if I had a VERY GOOD read on villain and the blinds were higher (nit who will only go all-in on flop with AA or KK). As it stands, you're not even in bad shape if you lose this pot.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the buy-in? Lower it is, more likely it's an instacall with the pot odds you're getting, but expect to be behind often.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are getting about 2.5:1 on your money, and you are about 2:1 vs a range of 77+, ATo+. Probably a call, as you will still have 40+bb even if you lose. You could make the argument to fold as well though (third bet is usually KK or AA).

what he said:deal:

mellyy85

mellyy85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey heres the update on what happned i ended up calling based on the pot odds and he turned over ak lol he hit a king on the flop but somehow i got there on teh turn and i won the pot

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing our opponents tendencies (as well as the buyin amount) will help with our decision, but even against the very tight range of QQ+ and AK, we're getting more than enough pot odds to call. Even then, I'm sure your average unknown player will have a bigger range than that.