itsy bitsy PP

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads; HeatherM fish player. If it smells like it might hit she plays. The only thing that I didn't like was I think I hit it too hard at river. If I soft raised I think I might have gotten more. But the way she was betting I expected her to call.

pokerstars Game #6905118458: Tournament #34145693, Freeroll Hold'em No
Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2006/11/05 - 14:19:14 (ET)
Table '34145693 251' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: babar3 (75 in chips)
Seat 2: PHCSC (2950 in chips)
Seat 3: livebydariva (1245 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: klitkat (1830 in chips)
Seat 5: Reallate1 (1435 in chips)
Seat 6: LB BRYANT (2585 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: $peed38 (880 in chips)
Seat 8: HeatherM1025 (1800 in chips)
Seat 9: squash84 (1410 in chips) is sitting out
squash84: posts small blind 15
babar3: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to klitkat [3c 3d]
PHCSC: folds
livebydariva: folds
klitkat: calls 30
Reallate1: folds
LB BRYANT: folds
$peed38: calls 30
HeatherM1025: raises 60 to 90
squash84: folds
babar3: calls 45 and is all-in
klitkat: calls 60
$peed38: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [8c 5c Js]
klitkat: checks
$peed38: checks
HeatherM1025: bets 30
klitkat: calls 30
$peed38: calls 30
*** TURN *** [8c 5c Js] [3s]
klitkat: checks
$peed38: checks
HeatherM1025: bets 270
klitkat: raises 270 to 540
$peed38: folds
HeatherM1025: calls 270
*** RIVER *** [8c 5c Js 3s] [Jh]
klitkat: bets 1170 and is all-in
HeatherM1025: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
klitkat: shows [3c 3d] (a full house, Threes full of Jacks)
klitkat collected 1215 from side pot
babar3: shows [Ad 7h] (a pair of Jacks)
$peed38 said, "NH"
LB BRYANT has returned
babar3 is sitting out
klitkat collected 315 from main pot
leggero is connected
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1530 Main pot 315. Side pot 1215. | Rake 0
Board [8c 5c Js 3s Jh]
Seat 1: babar3 (big blind) showed [Ad 7h] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: PHCSC folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: livebydariva folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: klitkat showed [3c 3d] and won (1530) with a full house, Threes
full of Jacks
Seat 5: Reallate1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: LB BRYANT folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: $peed38 folded on the Turn
Seat 8: HeatherM1025 (button) folded on the River
Seat 9: squash84 (small blind) folded before Flop

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I'm pushing on the turn. Even though you've got your set, you're still vulnerable if her flush draw hits, or god forbid she had a Jack in her hand and spiked it on the river.

There are two flush draws up on the board. In my opinion it was dangerous to check that river. What if she had checked behind you? Then you're giving out a free card for either one of them (speed, HeatherM) to improve their hand. Push on the turn here.

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm pushing on the turn. Even though you've got your set, you're still vulnerable if her flush draw hits, or god forbid she had a Jack in her hand and spiked it on the river.

There are two flush draws up on the board. In my opinion it was dangerous to check that river. What if she had checked behind you? Then you're giving out a free card for either one of them (speed, HeatherM) to improve their hand. Push on the turn here.

I agree push on the Turn

Bolded the confusing parts.. she hit a full house on river so the Jack hitting isnt a threat.

But yeah definitely, checking that turn is risking 2 people getting free draws, but with Heather the fish, and her leading out on the Flop, it was a fairly good bet Heather would raise and open the door for a tempting min re-raise.

However, the re-raise I would recommend would have been at least 540 more :)

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think a push was necessary on the turn but definatley more than a mini raise here. You will more likely get calls on the turn when villan has or thinks they have outs to win then on the river if they don't hit. Your raise of only the same bet as villan made is giving her the odds to chase and therefore you are not forcing her into a mistake. If you make a bet that your opponent can call with the proper odds than you made the mistake with the bet. You must raise more here although a push isn't necessary. A bet of about 750 should be about right. If she then calls, she will be pot committed and almost have to call anything on the river.

P

PIGGEBANK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think a push was necessary on the turn but definatley more than a mini raise here. You will more likely get calls on the turn when villan has or thinks they have outs to win then on the river if they don't hit. Your raise of only the same bet as villan made is giving her the odds to chase and therefore you are not forcing her into a mistake. If you make a bet that your opponent can call with the proper odds than you made the mistake with the bet. You must raise more here although a push isn't necessary. A bet of about 750 should be about right. If she then calls, she will be pot committed and almost have to call anything on the river.

Very good advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.