* * Hero collected 3065 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

K

KillerBoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You doubled up so something must have been right ;)

A few reflections:
On every street you called him. It´s early in the tourney, so either cos you were scared, or you had notes on him from previous sessions?

Preflop I would have wanted to see a re-raise to find out what they might have. perhaps up to 180. What was you reason for just calling?

On a flop like this one, you should re-raise him to find out what the heck he could have. Clearly, your intentions in this pot is to call whatever he will bet, so why not take the initiative? Again, why are you just calling, when it´s obvious you are willing to risk all your chips by acting like a calling station all the way?

Turn: Same thing, why just call? You are just ASKING to get your jacks sucked out. You have NO idea what he has..A reraise all in here, would probably make him fold, and you wouldnt have to take the risk of getting sucked out.

River: If you put him on the flush draw, fine thats a good call. Other than that you cant beat much more than a bluff, even if the Enemy this time probably had told himself he was ahead. What puzzles me is that you willingly call of every single chip you have, without even making a stab earlier in the pot. You could have lost it all just cos you were so weak. If a 3rd club had fallen on the river, would you still have called? Only to find out that your somewhat fishy play on the other streets had rewarded his moves. (I like the enemy´s play better than yours, up until the river, where I think it should have been check/check.)

However, since you are posting this, with the question if you played it well, I get a feeling you either got some remarks in the chat about the way you played it, or you discovered yourself, that it wasn´t a very well played hand.

Last edited:
Jayson745

Jayson745

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that is a very dangerous way to play JJ. I would have raised preflop, flop, turn, until I got him all in sooner or folded him.

but all is well that ends well.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won the pot so good, but slow playing any PP painted cards could kill you in the end. I see maybe checking the BB trying to set a trap. But after that you have to pick up the aggression to get a read and to stop being out drawn

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop and flop play is not bad for a cash game, but I don't like the flop call in a tournament. I don't know if you were trying to play smallball, but you ended up playing for all your chips with a pretty weak hand, so if you were it didn't work.

I think the best smallball line here is to call preflop and raise flop. You waited for a good spot, and you got and almost perfect flop. You probably have to fold to a flop all-in w/o a read on the opponent, because it's more likely he has a higher pocket pair or a set than he's stacking off with a ten.

I think you should have bet out on the river instead of checking. Most players are going to check behind with JT. Heck, I'd check behind with AT. You showed strength on the turn by min-raising, so the opponent will usually not try to value bet weak. This guy just kinda blew up on the river.

EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have definately raised preflop to try and isolate.

i could see checking on the flop to try and induce betting, which happened. after the flop, i think that you have to lead bet on the turn to try and find out where you are at in the hand. a lot of different possibilities could easily have you beaten by the turn, and you are risking a lot of chips with a single pair by just check calling.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got lucky winning a 4 way pot the way you played it. You really needed to make a big raise if not a complete shove preflop. This might seem a bit over the top, but by the time the action got back to you the pot already represented about 1/6th of your stack. Definately worth taking down preflop and your not in a bad position against the range of hands that your probably facing should you get a caller or two.

And it just gets worse from there. As KillerBoo pointed out. Why call? You were just begging to be drawn out on. Strangely enough, after playing the hand so badly I would have folded on the river assuming that I had bungled it so badly that my little pair of Jacks couldn't possibly be good anymore.

OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point in this hand it would have been nice to know where you were at. You should have raised pre-flop, maybe lead out or check raised the flop to protect the JJ against the flush or straight draws. Same thing on the turn. I'm wondering what, if anything did you up your opponent on?

Lefty

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just one thought...the board was double suited on the turn, and your 180 raise would have given him the right price to call with almost any draw (5.7 to 1 pot odds with almost certainly bigger implied odds if he improves on the river).

If another spade, club, 10 or an overcard come, do you still call his all-in bet on the river?

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Raise Preflop, dont let a large variety of hands get in the pot

2) Call on the flop isnt that bad, min raise on the turn is horrible. Your giving him the odds to call here with any draw. Either flat call or make a pretty strong raise.

N

ninet7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well done i would of reraised big on flop with over pair and flush draw you made the safe play but if you are after the lead you would have had someone all in before 4th street

T

titch11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with the majority raise before the flop and u would get most of the trash hands out early

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise on flop

Yes I agree with all previous comments,, why are you checking on that flop unless you were check raising for a reason, you should have bet at least 3/4 of pot about 370 with flush draws and possible low st out there and then you should continuing to bet througout the other streets.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands