BigBlue

BigBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did i play this right ?

Blinds were about to go up to 500\1000 so I was getting a lil low...

I'm Mikhail26

full tilt poker Game #5846970337: Cardschat.com $200 Freeroll (40028862), Table 24 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:03:58 ET - 2008/03/30
Seat 1: jmyaxnjxn (8,892)
Seat 2: azesfull63 (39,746)
Seat 3: Vartican (6,885)
Seat 4: uniqueangel64 (31,243)
Seat 6: Timmy1nut (15,501)
Seat 7: Bluf_Chuck (22,213)
Seat 8: Mikhail26 (8,788)
Seat 9: AM Prowler (6,788)
jmyaxnjxn antes 100
azesfull63 antes 100
Vartican antes 100
uniqueangel64 antes 100
Timmy1nut antes 100
Bluf_Chuck antes 100
Mikhail26 antes 100
AM Prowler antes 100
uniqueangel64 posts the small blind of 400
Timmy1nut posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mikhail26 [6c 6d]
Bluf_Chuck folds
Mikhail26 raises to 3,200
AM Prowler folds
jmyaxnjxn folds
azesfull63 raises to 5,600
Vartican folds
uniqueangel64 folds
Timmy1nut has 15 seconds left to act
Timmy1nut folds
Mikhail26 raises to 8,688, and is all in
azesfull63 calls 3,088
Mikhail26 shows [6c 6d]
azesfull63 shows [As Js]
*** FLOP *** [5d Ad 6s]
*** TURN *** [5d Ad 6s] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [5d Ad 6s 8s] [7s]
Mikhail26 shows three of a kind, Sixes
azesfull63 shows a flush, Ace high
azesfull63 wins the pot (19,376) with a flush, Ace high
Mikhail26 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 19,376 | Rake 0
Board: [5d Ad 6s 8s 7s]
Seat 1: jmyaxnjxn folded before the Flop
Seat 2: azesfull63 showed [As Js] and won (19,376) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: Vartican (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: uniqueangel64 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Timmy1nut (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: Bluf_Chuck folded before the Flop
Seat 8: Mikhail26 showed [6c 6d] and lost with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 9: AM Prowler folded before the Flop

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M is less than 5 so any bet you make preflop will have you pot comitted so you should have just shoved preflop. Villian might have folded AJ if you shoved.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to agree with Ben on this one.

Shove PF.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your stack is actually one of those really awkward sizes, and your position is poor too.

So I might actually go against the grain fold this pre-flop.

My thinking is that shoving will, effectively, be a massive overbet. Let's say the stacks at the table that are about our size are unlikely to call us with anything less than AK / QQ+, and even the bigger stacks will have a hard time calling with less than that. That means we're not just coinflipping against the calling ranges of our opponents, we're actually behind them. This is a freeroll, so maybe you can broaden the ranges a little, but I think we're still likely to be behind.

If we make everyone fold we pick up 2000 in blinds and antes, which is great, but I don't think we're so desperate that we need to risk our tournament life on it. Yes the blinds are about to go up and yes, the blinds are about to hit us, but I think we'll get better opportunities.

In late position when everyone folds it to you, sure, shove. But in early position, I don't think these cards are good enough. The risk-vs-reward just doesn't add up for me.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's crazy OZ, his M is 4.2, he has a Pocker pair which are very hard to come by, and the chance that one of the six remaining players has a bigger PP is only about 24%.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, I new to the site obviously, you cant be worried about hand ranges at this point in the tourny, you have an M just over 4 and the blinds will hit you and cripple you. You have to go all in here and hopefully pick up the blinds(25% increase) or be in a coin flip. Tough situation you had to push and you got a decent outcome just cards didnt work out.

I agree with everyone else that a raise here is pointless, if you fold you have an M of two with the blinds about to hit so you would have to go all in in the next two hands.

Overall it wouldnt have really mattered, he would not have folded and I doubt many would with AJ with the blinds/antes so high.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's crazy OZ, his M is 4.2, he has a Pocker pair which are very hard to come by, and the chance that one of the six remaining players has a bigger PP is only about 24%.

Assuming that figure is right (I don't actually know), we're risking our whole stack with a 24% chance of being crushed for... what, a potential 22% increase in our stack?

Like I said, you've gotta weigh up the risk vs reward.

I don't necessarily hate shoving here, but chances are I'd fold for the above reasons.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the preflop raise. Against good opponents they might read this raise as a monster hand, seeing as you're comitting almost half of your stack with it, but in a freeroll it's probably not worth giving your opponents that much credit.

I'd be tempted to fold this. You're in early position, which isn't the best place to be shoving from. The chances of running into a higher pp or 2 overcards putting you in a race is a bit risky here I think.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His M is 4 and about to get hit by the blinds, he doesnt not have the luxury of waiting for a better hand. lets say he has a 50% of getting the blinds(its probably higher than that) and 35% lose 15% win(also being conservative here). I realize there is a chance more than 1 calls but I wont get into that.

Now 50% he gains 2000,
15% he gains 10,788
35% he losses 8,788

This is a net loss of about 450 chips, and these are conservative estimates. Now you may say then its a bad move, and that would be right if he were in better situation but he is not. Lets say blinds dont go up in 3 hands(which is sounds they might) he will have just 7000 chips left if he doesnt play, which chances are he wont have a better time than now. So now he is back on the button and has 7 chances to get a good hand. after that he is down to 4500 and now has no fold equity and must go all in with any sort of hand.

an M below 5 you have to be agressive and pick up the blinds. The way it worked out you are getting 1.2:1 odds on a hand you are a favorite in, perfect. Sometimes you lose these coinflips and go home it happens.

M

marble

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's time to gamble and get some sleep.