* * MP2 collected 10570 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably bet a little more on the flop, but aside from that I think it's fine.

Stop posting results though and start posting reads and other information. Plopping down a HH is really not helping much.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/hand-analysis-posting-guidelines-68850/

10-4, but to be honest I'm still working on reads. Although at the levels I usually play, there aren't enough reads on the table as I don't see many of the same people. I have been posting my HH's to try to work on my own game first. If you say I've played this right, then it tells me posting my HH's have helped me with my own play (hopefully).

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got all your money in with the best hand. That's all you want. Especially in this case he had less outs than he thought since you had 2 other spades.

You can't control the results and just got unlucky since villan hit one of his 10 outs.

General rule of thumb if your raising with limpers in the pot is 3-4X BB plus 1 more BB for each limper. With a raise of 400 villan had the correct odds to call since it would cost him 400 to call a pot of 1100 almost 3-1. Of course with villans stack and your stack it probably wouldn't have made a difference he would probably have called any bet up to and including all-in.

Please note that pre-flop you were behind to villans ace. Although K-J suited looks good, it's a trouble hand. You could hit the hand good on the flop and still be behind alot of hands.

Personally I would have limped behind with K-J suited against the big stack. Against a med stack a raise is good and would often win the pot but against a big stack that obviously likes to play alot of pots a raise wouldn't be likely to wi9n the pot and it's not likely KJ is ahead of much.

Don't just look at your hand, look at the situation. You have a limper with a big stack that could easily take you out and is unlikely to fold to a raise. Your hand is not that strong but you have position which still isn't likely to matter much since you won't be able to bluff villian if he has any kind of hand or decent draw.

In this situation i would fold to a preflop raise by villan and limp to an unraised pot.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation i would fold to a preflop raise by villan and limp to an unraised pot.

I disagree with limping in with k,j. I dont think ive ever won a decent pot limping in with k,j. With blinds at 100/200 and an early position limper, there is 500 in the pot to be picked up with a raise. Therefore id rather see a raise with k,j. But bear in mind, i would raise with any suited conncectors in that position based on my style of playing.

As for the rest of the hand, plays out standard