did i make a bad call

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i havent played real money games on stars in about a year because this is what happens to me all the time am i doing something wrong or is it always bad luck on my side this is about 45 mins into it :( :(

pokerstars Game #20235625034: Tournament #106904531, $3.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/09/07 23:15:57 ET
Table '106904531 1' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: JES2 (1705 in chips)
Seat 2: eddieb211 (1300 in chips)
Seat 3: JuanCIII (1930 in chips)
Seat 6: RANDOO416 (2040 in chips)
Seat 7: cesautica (1640 in chips)
Seat 8: monkey969 (1920 in chips)
Seat 9: Drum1H (2965 in chips)
cesautica: posts small blind 50
monkey969: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JES2 [Js Kh]
Drum1H: folds
JES2: calls 100
eddieb211: folds
JuanCIII: calls 100
RANDOO416: folds
cesautica: folds
monkey969: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jc Ks Ts]
monkey969: checks
JES2: bets 300
JuanCIII: raises 300 to 600
monkey969: folds
JES2: raises 1005 to 1605 and is all-in
JuanCIII: calls 1005
*** TURN *** [Jc Ks Ts] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [Jc Ks Ts Th] 6♠
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JES2: shows [Js Kh] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
JuanCIII: shows [Td Jd] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks)
JuanCIII collected 3560 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3560 | Rake 0
Board [Jc Ks Ts Th 6s]
Seat 1: JES2 showed [Js Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Jacks
Seat 2: eddieb211 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: JuanCIII showed [Td Jd] and won (3560) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks
Seat 6: RANDOO416 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: cesautica (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: monkey969 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Drum1H folded before Flop (didn't bet)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like a limp with this hand in early position, raise or fold preflop (id be leaning towards folding btw)
with that said, the hand played itself out on the flop, no way u were folding, no way he was, u just got unlucky

A

andres_arg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm, i dont think i would have called preflop (as pantin said, it is more raise or fold), but the shove on the flop was correct. you were ahead when both showed their cards.
just unlucky he got the Ten in the turn.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same as the others above said, but after the reraise you couldve just called. Unless he was bluffing i would probably suspect him to be holding a pair, then after the board paired you might have been able to get away with some chips. It also depends how he has been playing in previous hands. Was he a hardcore bluffer? If he was then you made an OK move, just an unlucky hand. I dont like the all in move unless ive got the nuts.

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"did I make a bad call"? JK from EP preflop 45 mins. into a $3 MTT was the only call you made, right? Yeah, I agree, It's a fold or raise from the start. No limping w/ JK. Most likely a fold, wouldn't even raise without having doubled up once at the point you were at. 50/100, next level will be a shove.

Y

ysmisc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure I agree with the others - Sometimes you want to limp with this hand in order to try to trap, In this case you did and got a great flop, your chances were 70-30 - A nice trap in my opinion.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ KJ is garbage a lot of the time, why do u want to trap with that?

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trapping with King, Jack? Please tell me that was a joke...

Anyway, after the flop, I probably would have call too. Although, I probably would have been scared of him holding Ace, Queen or even Queen, Nine I don't think I could have gotten away from it. I guess in my mind it would be more likely he was holding Queen or two spades and was on a monster draw.

You got unlucky with the turn card, but the way you played the hand there wasn't much chance to avoid it after that flop.

B

BostonRobber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be thinking along the same lines as Genso when the reraise came you had to consider the straight or a set as a possibility. I would have called the reraise and then thought long and hard when the turn came.

E

esider

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ i dont think i play i think that thats a fold hand

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said KJo mid position is probably fold pre-flop (but not always). As played I would have pushed first in and made him scared of the straight or flush draws. He probably would have called and you would have same result, just got unlucky.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to poker, there is no such thing as "all the time","everytime", "always", or "never". I have said this in a pervious post so mods forgive me for saying it again. Our brains will accept things that it preceives as normal with out a second thought. However, when we see something go down that is unexpected or out of the norm it kicks into overdrive and stores the new situation in our memory banks. So when some donk calls you with 4 8o, and the flop comes 567 and busts your AA, its stuck there while your brain tries to asses that situation.

If the villian had not turned the 10, that hand would have been lost to your memory with the untold millions of other hands that you have won. You wont remember them, because they played out like the odds say they should.
If you think back on your best and worst hands, I would bet that the ones you remember the most are the bad beats, both given and taken because its the hands where things go against the odds that we all remember. The important thing is to keep playing the odds the right way, Accept the bad beats for what they are, a part of poker, and just keep playing your game

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put simply, BAD LUCK!! It happens to me alla time! Dat's Poker!:p

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is an easy fold in this position,with this stack.
If you were down to 1000 chips you could shove all in.
Or in late position you could bet 300-400 preflop.
Limping is not the best play here, in my opinion

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree that KJo in early position is most likey a fold. I have heard KJ called a trap hand-you get trap with it and lose.

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol
it was a bad beat for sure, but that's what they say, out of the position I think you should raised the hand to make the other players select better the hands that they would play, and after the flop you did right, shove it while he could just have a draw, you were just unlucky

D

DrMarcelo55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u make a bad call.. I agree with the posts KJ in early position is raise or fold.. But in this situation the player with pocket 10s would call. The best playwould be fold.

TheeMunson

TheeMunson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"did I make a bad call"? JK from EP preflop 45 mins. into a $3 MTT was the only call you made, right? Yeah, I agree, It's a fold or raise from the start. No limping w/ JK. Most likely a fold, wouldn't even raise without having doubled up once at the point you were at. 50/100, next level will be a shove.

"the only call you made right" you tell him?...then you turn around and say you agree with the raise or fold preflop scenario....what up wit dis? sounds to me someone wanted to get a quick post in and thought abusing a noob would make it appear more legit in the eyes of whoever is checks them.

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u make a bad call.. I agree with the posts KJ in early position is raise or fold.. But in this situation the player with pocket 10s would call. The best playwould be fold.

he didnt have pocket 10s he had bottom 2 pair and he got lucky on the turn i had him pre and post flop i guess he just got lucky :(