I have to be the most unluckiest sob or.. the poker gods just don't like me..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing very well all through a tournament again.. Last night I placed 2nd out of 500+ people.. Tonight 606 people and only 18 of us left..Always happens to me.. feels ok to play this hand.. I re-raised cause he was playing loose.. Call me nuts... but this is sickening... Hit the flop(good for me).. then get freaking screwed the rest of the way.. Like the gods make me feel good for a bit in the hand, to rip my heart out... Seems like it always happens.. Give me luck for once to instantly take it away and give it to the person I am up against... For some reason the game says.. you are good enough to get to this point based apon your skill, but you aren't good enough for any luck.. I just want to know when the heck is it going to be my turn to win because of my solid skill playing with the occasional luck tossed in.

I wouldn't have minded to lose the hand if nothing flopped for the both of us or an A,J had come. But please and it is getting frustrating..don't tease me and then take it away... Cause then I am losing against 8%, 18%..
All after the flop and the turn..

Sorry Just frustrated cause every time I get lucky, they get luckier. I want to sit on top of the heap cause I got lucky. By the way I folded around 70 of my hands in this game pre flop... won 56% of the flops I seen.. barely saw 29% of my flops...won 60% of my heads up..

What's a guy to do to catch just 1 break? I am not asking for much? :)
Analize the crap out of this hand.. mistake was not folding this time and/or the re-raise. Now didn't I hear that A,J is like the second worst trap hand??

Enough for my rant.. :)

Table: 56 (real money) Seat #9 is the dealer
Seat 1 - TWIZZYBOP ($50576.27 in chips)
Seat 2 - LOGICAL ($68159.06 in chips)
Seat 3 - ALJOHN ($22868.28 in chips)
Seat 4 - BONDS3232 ($51725.42 in chips)
Seat 5 - HANDWR ($41672.68 in chips)
Seat 7 - 1BIGFISH ($45968.33 in chips)
Seat 8 - PDS399 ($151518.14 in chips)
Seat 9 - OHMANDA ($17480.88 in chips)
TWIZZYBOP - Ante $200
LOGICAL - Ante $200
ALJOHN - Ante $200
BONDS3232 - Ante $200
HANDWR - Ante $200
1BIGFISH - Ante $200
PDS399 - Ante $200
OHMANDA - Ante $200
TWIZZYBOP - Posts small blind $2000
LOGICAL - Posts big blind $4000
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Kc 9h]
ALJOHN - Folds
BONDS3232 - Folds
HANDWR - Folds
1BIGFISH - Folds
PDS399 - Folds
OHMANDA - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $6000 to $8000
LOGICAL - Raises $24000 to $28000
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $42376.27 to $50376.27
LOGICAL - Calls $22376.27
*** FLOP *** [Ks 8d 7h]
*** TURN *** [Ks 8d 7h] [Kd]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 8d 7h Kd] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [Kc 9h] (Three of a kind, kings)
LOGICAL - Shows [Jd Ad] (Flush, ace high)
LOGICAL Collects $102352.54 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($102352.54)
Board [Ks 8d 7h Kd 3d]
Seat 1: TWIZZYBOP (small blind) HI:lost with Three of a kind, kings [Kc 9h - B:Ks,B:Kd,P:Kc,P:9h,B:8d]
Seat 2: LOGICAL (big blind) won Total ($102352.54) HI:($102352.54) with Flush, ace high [Jd Ad - P:Ad,B:Kd,P:Jd,B:8d,B:3d]
Seat 3: ALJOHN Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: BONDS3232 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: HANDWR Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: 1BIGFISH Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: PDS399 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: OHMANDA (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my input on the hand, , you where in the big blind, meaning you could of checked and saw a flop for free ( not critizicing the move, I would of done the same with a semi good hand like that after all , action was folded to me) , with a semi good hand . You made very strong raise and that player raised you strongly ( for about 24000 ) im not sure, but maybe you should of considered folding your hand there ( since he showed so much strenght ), i know you hit the flop nicely, although its true what you say , the gods most of hated you, to give him the backdoor flush :( , there is nothing you could of done there .

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah for some reason I seem to play those sort of hands at the wrong time and it always bites me in the ass...

I run into the poorest luck when choosing to play a very very mediocre hand or even marginal hand....I fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold,fold,fold,fold,fold,fold.. then think.. this feels good to play this hand, just to mix it up..but no when I decide to mix it up.. I run into this most of the time.. anybody else who does such a thing comes out unscathed.. from my perspective they do anyway..

Just once give me the luck and let me have it.. I am not asking much..

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this is in the hand analysis section, i think we should analyze how did you play that hand. I don´t have problems with the first raise you made. Everybody folded around to you and at that point of the tournament (with those blinds and antes) even a minraise is enough to take the control. K8 was a good hand to to that move, but the problem comes when he reraises. His reraise was pretty big, which obviously meant that he had you beat. In my opinion it was an automatic fold. After that reraise he was certainly going to call your all in reraise. So why pushing all your chips when you know you are beat and it´s almost impossible that he´s going to fold?
I understand that you got mad because he hit on the river, but after all he was favourite preflop when you were all in. You don´t have to be results oriented. You deserved to lose when you were all in and that´s all.
I have a question: how different would be your opinion about this hand if in the flop came an A an then just rags? Or if the complete board wouldn´t help anyone making his hand the winner? You said that you wouldn´t mind about it, so why it bothers you the way that the hand reached the same goal?
I agree that you have to play medium and marginal hands, you have to mix it up, but this time the timing wasn´t the problem, the real problem was that you went too far with your hand and didn´t took in consideration your opponent´s move.
BTW i understand that you´re mad because of the river hit and you need to vent it. I really don´t like when people vents out the bad beats and all that stuff, i prefer to manage my emotions and stay cool. Anyway i have learned to accept differents behaviors, but i just don´t know the reason of why you get mad about losing when you know you made the incorrect move.
Maybe i´m completely crazy but when i committe a big mistake, i don´t like getting lucky. I prefer to lose so i can analyze in better shape my mistake.

SexyAceJoker said:
This is my input on the hand, , you where in the big blind, meaning you could of checked and saw a flop for free
Actually he was the SB
SexyAceJoker said:
You made very strong raise
Actually he minraised.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twiz, you have to know when you got reraised you were behind in the hand. You should have let it go and found a better situation or at least a stronger hand to go out with. You would still have 40k in chips and would still have enough to scare people when you go all in so you would not be severely short stacked. I don't think you were pot commited at that point to push back. Live to see another hand and get your money in preflop when you think you are ahead or have the best hand.

You were about 40% dog to win that hand preflop. You were the one who got lucky and caught two Ks just to get snapped with the flush on the river.

This does not qualify for a bad beat, it was suck out by you and then the preflop favorite catching up. Just think you need to chose your battle alittle closer when your at stage of the tournament.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Kc 9h]
ALJOHN - Folds
BONDS3232 - Folds
HANDWR - Folds
1BIGFISH - Folds
PDS399 - Folds
OHMANDA - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $6000 to $8000
LOGICAL - Raises $24000 to $28000
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $42376.27 to $50376.27

Explain? You tried to steal, and it failed. Fold and move on, don't push when (a) he probably has a better hand, and (b) pot odds make it an easy call for him.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His reraise was pretty big, which obviously meant that he had you beat.
There was no obvious, remember the hand hasn't been played.. and the only thing obvious was the overbet re-raise from the BB.. Majority of the time Overbetting means(person has squat).. Over betting mostly gets results of your opponent to fold because it is an Over bet which more people do with garbage card.

I understand that you got mad because he hit on the river, but after all he was favourite preflop when you were all in. You don´t have to be results oriented. You deserved to lose when you were all in and that´s all.
Then by all means.. lets take the Math aspect out game, toss it right out the window... Bye Bye %'s..They are a part of the game weither they are for me or against me...I like math, always enjoyed it, I will never drop it.

I have a question: how different would be your opinion about this hand if in the flop came an A an then just rags? Or if the complete board wouldn´t help anyone making his hand the winner? You said that you wouldn´t mind about it, so why it bothers you the way that the hand reached the same goal?
Honestly even though I do like Math.. I don't like luck or chance.. I'd rather win or lose by skill, knowledge and strategy... Thats why you'll hardly see me playing the lottery. scratch tickets here for instance you have a 1:4 chance to win.. At most if I do play them.. 1-2 maybe in a month.
I've previously said "I love basketball".. Take the 3-point shot for instance vs a 10ft Jumper, of course one can make both. The benifit of 3 points vs 2 points make it worthwhile.. Yet the %'s so that a skillfull player will make more inside shots compared to the 3-pointer... I even play pool that way.. I almost won't play AP rules where there is no skill involved. I call my shots, always have and always will, I won't rely on fate,hope,wish, and any other word or thing that can be put there... So yes I prefer results be left apon as skill and knowledge instead of fate,hope,wish and any other word you can put there...

Anyway i have learned to accept differents behaviors, but i just don´t know the reason of

why you get mad about losing when you know you made the incorrect move. It isn't the point about making the incorrect move.. and mad about the %'s.. c'mon lets get serious just for once.. 9 cards to come..18% of winning.. That means I should have won 82% of the time after the flop, and after the turn 84% of the time..
Before the flop I should win around 34% of the time..

I am in the 80% range of winning while he was only in the 66% range..
Now lets put the 66% into perspective.. that is almost the same percentage to get a flush down to the river after the flop.. Seems reasonable to me.. people call that all the time..Some people even make an all in bet for it(which I did).. However based apon the Overbet.. It never occured to me that I would be in that spot of getting same %'s as a flush draw down to the river

What it boiled down to.. Testosterone.. there was no thought process from neither one of us.. The best hand won, lost, then won.. The %'s for each of us to win dramatically changed based apon the cards that came...

Now to further answer your question.. Ever see an Underdog in any sport that was Overmatched but either won or barely lost.. The hope shot from half court the strong team makes winning the game, the field goal from the 50yard line that goes through the uprights for the win, the home run the hitter got cause he just sticks out his bat, the 50ft putt one sinks to win the tournament, ..... ok better teams rely on skill and knowledge to win, yet the underdog can go ahead of the game at a certain point, putting pressure on the strong team to win.. last seconds of a game.. the long putt.. home run hit..

So yes I will always believe in skill,knowledge any day over some hope,wish, fate and whatever else you wish to put here.

Maybe i´m completely crazy but when i committe a big mistake, i don´t like getting lucky. I prefer to lose so i can analyze in better shape my mistake That is my initial point.. I didn't want the luck.. hand is much easier to analize when there isn't an ounce of luck for the hand.

Twiz, you have to know when you got reraised you were behind in the hand
Againt its an overbet.. and nothing to determine that I was indeed behind in the hand..

You should have let it go and found a better situation or at least a stronger hand to go out with I should have just called.. not let it go.. at least then I would have the power and position with the K.

This does not qualify for a bad beat, Never said it was a bad beat.. just a lucky beat..

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no obvious, remember the hand hasn't been played.. and the only thing obvious was the overbet re-raise from the BB.. Majority of the time Overbetting means(person has squat).. Over betting mostly gets results of your opponent to fold because it is an Over bet which more people do with garbage card.

He reraised 4* the amount of your initial raise, which is fairly standard in late stages of tourneys if stacks permit it.

It isn't the point about making the incorrect move.. and mad about the %'s.. c'mon lets get serious just for once.. 9 cards to come..18% of winning.. That means I should have won 82% of the time after the flop, and after the turn 84% of the time..
Before the flop I should win around 34% of the time..

I am in the 80% range of winning while he was only in the 66% range..

lmao! This is quite some selective analysis. You were ~60/~40 behind when all the money went in, all this crap about an 80% range of winning is nonsense. You lost with the worst hand after a terrible play preflop. That is all.

Now lets put the 66% into perspective.. that is almost the same percentage to get a flush down to the river after the flop.. Seems reasonable to me.. people call that all the time..Some people even make an all in bet for it(which I did).. However based apon the Overbet.. It never occured to me that I would be in that spot of getting same %'s as a flush draw down to the river

The difference being that pot size will be bigger and people will have more invested in the pot after the flop, so are getting odds to make plays with their draws. You have 8k of a 60k stack in the pot, and will still have an average stack if you fold what is at the very best a marginal hand. If you really think he's raising for half his stack with air, well, that would be a pretty bizarre move on his part. Notice how it's always the biggest donks at the table who continually spout stuff like "I thought you were bluffing"? Sure, sometimes people are, but if this guy is here you just have to say well done to him and hopefully next time you'll have a real hand to play back with when you "steal".

What it boiled down to.. Testosterone.. there was no thought process from neither one of us..

Hang on.. you're rambling on about overbet reraises and chances of it being a bluff and flush draw odds, yet "there was no thought process"? Ok!

That is my initial point.. I didn't want the luck.. hand is much easier to analize when there isn't an ounce of luck for the hand.

Stop being so results-oriented! All you need to know about the hand is you got your money in when you didn't need to while behind. I don't care if the flop was 832rainbow, AAA, or 3 lucky horseshoes afte that because I know I've made a bad play.

I should have just called.. not let it go.. at least then I would have the power and position with the K.

Calling for half your stack is an even worse move here than your push. Just fold.

Never said it was a bad beat.. just a lucky beat..

See the lucky horseshoe bit a few lines up.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See the lucky horseshoe bit a few lines up.

Sorry I really don't even play horseshoes..yet when one becomes really skillfull in that game.. Luck never plays a factor...

Like I said.. I play skill.. I don't mind getting beat like a red headed step child when a mistake is made... Just hate luck period.. weither good or bad.
Guess its a personal thing I suppose.. Like I earned a win or lost because it was all "me".. not fate,randomness, hope, wish, and again whatever you wish to put here... I will accept all those things but I still will hate them..

I Just like to win straight up or lose straight up(nothing more).

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
twizzybop said:
I don't mind getting beat like a red headed step child when a mistake is made... Just hate luck period.. weither good or bad.
I Just like to win straight up or lose straight up(nothing more).
That's what happened Twizzy. You made a mistake, and you got beat. The only luck going on here was you getting lucky (at first), before you got beat out by the better hand. You lost--straight up. It's ok to admit that you are wrong sometimes. Nobody's perfect. :)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL@Juice.. I have 2 words for you and they aren't Merry Christmas.. but since I can't stop laughing.. you got me :)