I have a few Live MTT hands :) #1

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't analize the hands, it is the question I thought about..

1st Table I am at, 9 of us, bunch of tightwads, rocks, et-cetra.
I stick to my normal game plan even though I notice this about our table.
So I doubled my initial 1500 chip stack early on. I am in MP+1 with A,K off suit. I make the standard 4x The BB raise. Everyone folded except SB and MP on my left(Her style was obvious after a few certain hands).
Blinds are 200/400 by the way.

So not a big deal to me, 2 callers. Flop comes Q,10,6 Rainbow. SB bets out 1600 and MP calls, I folded. Jack comes on the turn, SB pushes all in, MP calls. SB Holds Q,10 of diamonds, MP has pocket JJ's(after this hand is where the obvious comes to play, never ever raises pre-flop with a top 10 pre-flop hand). She wins with 3 of a kind to his 2 pair. I know some will say I would have had a straight, but no lets not be results orientated here. My thought and question to any of you, would it be easy to fold per-say if you had KK's or AA's after the flop? I thought about that after I left that tourney, of what would I have done if indeed I had KK's or AA's. Being honest I don't think I would? Could you?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack sizes?

If you only doubled your 1500 stack and have 3000 chips, then you should be AIPF. You should probably also be calling that flop bet with AK...

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry chuck I was just rounding 3000, I had more, but not like a whole bunch more, hence just easier for refrence of 3000 then trying to remember exactly how much. Hence again I haven't forgotton the results of the hand, but not crying or worrying about the play of the hand especially the Q,10 call of the SB.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So somewhere a little above 3k? That's an eeeasy shove PF.

AK and <10BBs is an easy easy shove. Automatic. I think as played you might have to call that flop too.

Your overcards can probably count as half outs, and your jack is obviously good for 2.6:1 drawing odds to the river since you'll be all in. You're getting somewhere over 5:1 depending on exactly what your stack is. As played, easy call (even just with the gutshot which gives us 5:1), but I still shove PF every time.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But shoving every hand pre-flop with top ten hands, yes may get you action. Yet it doesn't really because blinds start at 100/100 then go 100/200, 200/400, and go up every 20 minutes. Hence I went through the 200/400 blinds, I think winning 1 decent pot during that time, because I did push pre-flop once later on with KK's.. only had 2800 when I held those and no callers.

The thing that can also kill someone is limping constantly while just holding 1500, I do agree waiting for decent starting hands to come may never happen. Yet I got a few of those hands but the blind structure once again was high to the point of you either fight with a hand or you don't.

The question would be, do you wait for a hand or do you go more aggresively then usuall cause the blind structure?

I waited and actually was proud of myself based apon such a blind structure.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blinds start at 100/100 then go 100/200, 200/400, and go up every 20 minutes.

The starting level is 100/100 with only a 1500 starting stack?!?

:eek:

This could be your problem - you need to find a game with a better structure! Even the fastest meant-to-be-over-in-an-hour bar games I deal have a start bank of 6000 with 100/200 starting blinds.

Now, that said I can only agree with Chuck: AK with an M < 5 = shove shove shove pre-flop.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands