How wrong am I here?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freaks overcall here certainly looks very strong if you at the table, and to me it would looks like another KJ or a set. I dont really have a problem with the flop bet, its nice and enticing and good to build a pot, Id likely have bet a little bigger but thats niether here or there.

You got you money in good, "maybe" check-call the turn and river if freak keeps the streets relatively cheap, but you got your chips in good. NH unlucky.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your line up until the turn. You're out of position with a marginal hand so why build the pot PF?
Because you've probably got the best hand, and it's impossible to control a pot with 60 chips. Couple of rounds later it would be a different story, but round 1 (especially at bodog with their sh*tty 5/10 round) you've got to bump the pot up to give a continuation bet any chance of working.

B

BigVito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you've probably got the best hand, and it's impossible to control a pot with 60 chips. Couple of rounds later it would be a different story, but round 1 (especially at Bodog with their sh*tty 5/10 round) you've got to bump the pot up to give a continuation bet any chance of working.
I'm more of a small ball player. KJo may be the best hand but I'd much rather see the cheap flop with what could be an easily dominated hand than build a pot out of position with it. Of course, with only the one limper, I can see a good argument for the raise.

P

-PotCommited88-

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have made the same plays as you with your hand after the turn. just got unlucky. the freaks play was a little too aggressive, but ive seen many people try to bully the first hand to make a table image for themself/get ahead in the chips and get in control so he might have felt you were weak.. not saying you were, just defending freak and his play.