Crazy stuff. Really is.

BF

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His call preflop is certainly very loose. I guess he thinks he can steal the pot from you because you're short stacked and therefore can be bullied easier.

On the flop, he puts you on overcards. Against AKo his Th3h is actually 50/50 to win and his call is perfectly legit given pot odds.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people just love suited cards. You also must understand that most players don't understand odds at all. Therefore, when they see 4 suited cards, they are sure they will win and that's all there is to it. No thought to the odds of getting the flush (it's a given they will at least "most" of the time), after all if they actually thought about the odds they wouldn't call with 10-3 suited in the first place. And no thought to the possibility of someone else having a higher flush, not with them having 2 of the suit.

Basically you're playing with idiots. Accept that sometimes they will get lucky and win but that most times you will which is a good thing.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this really belongs in the rants section Since this is in the HA section, I'd say that your play of this hand was fine. Maybe that legitimizes the post being here, maybe not. :)

He's not going to win this matchup most of the time. While I understand that it's frustrating, would you be complaining if you had won (which you should, nearly 3/4 of the times that you are in this situation)?

I'd happily take those odds against them any time, all day long. While I understand it's a tournament, the next time it happens you most likely double-up or more, so I think that it makes sense to welcome the opportunity to do so.

I would certainly never hint to the player that they made a poor choice to call - no good can ever come of that.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea he is doing it solely on his FD and he is actaully getting odds after his flop bet.

I was playing a HU game a little while ago, and this complete donk goes all in on the flop with bottom pair. I call with TP and he hits runner runner for a straight. That is just how it goes sometimes...

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop was very loose but postflop he played it fine. Made a semibluff on the flop with, what he probably thought, were 9 to 15 outs and had the right odds to call your all in knowing he would get to see both the turn and river since you couldn't do any more betting. Last night I had AA raised against one limper in EP, the button called with 5 3 offsuit. Flop gave him an inside straight draw, I bet he raised, I called. I went all in on the turn (a huge bet about the size of the pot) he called and hit his straight. Now THAT is a donkey

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played it fine, and believe it or not you want the villain to make calls like that.

65% of the time you take his money. Don't be results oriented.