How to play a guy with PFR 100% and C-bet everytime

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is from a 2+.25 SnG on FT. This guy min raises everytime - EVERY SINGLE HAND pre flop and then makes a 'c-bet' of 2/3 the pot EVERY TIME!!
Now I know there is no way in hell he could be making any kind of a hand that often but neither am I and with that kind of range I dont want to call a pot size bet with a cpl of over cards even if he has bottom pair 2s.

He did this from the very first hand and all the way to the last hand we played heads up. Although I ended up winning, it took waaay longer than it should have. I doubled him up a couple of times after he shoved to my pre-flop re-raise with things like J9o or even 85o (I had over cards but thats not the point).

What is the best strategy for a player like this. I was playing maybe top 15% even heads up and only pushing with a minimum of top pair.

CubKiller

CubKiller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is very simple, when the table still has 9 players just call him when you have a hand or else leave (treat it like a normal raise). and with his c-bet just be patient and check call him when you have a hand.

now when there's less than 5 players make him play cause i'm assuming it's a turbo we we will be at about 100/200 at this stage. if you catch a hand re raise him and pull down his stupid 2x raise.

problem solved

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take his monies with little effort, you are getting implied odds with every big hand without having to do any work yourself

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be patient and play quality hands which is usually the best way to play any loose aggressive player.

Also pay attention to other info about him. What does he do if he minibets preflop and someone reraise him, does he call, fold, raise? What about after the flop, what does he do on the turn if someone calls him, what about if he's raised on the flop.

This is all important information to have when playing him. If he's the type that will keep on betting the turn and river if he's called on the flop I love "walking the dog" against these types of players when I have a strong hand. Just call, call and then raise the river or maybe the turn if you think he's drawing.

I actually like playing these types, sure they can suck out occasionally, or even have a big hand once in awhile at the same time you do, but players that play the same way all the time are easy to beat in the long run.

It looks like you did well against him anyway, congrats on being patient and taking it down.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the blinds, too. You don't want to be reraising him as much with small blinds. You might just call and play him as if it were a limped pot.

At a full table, the top 15% thing works. Why? Because you're not playing against a loose player, you're playing against a loose player and several normal players. You have to beat him AND beat the other players who are going to be coming with legit hands. However, if the other players have folded and you're closing out the action, any above average hand is ok to play. Once it gets heads up, you should be playing pretty loose.

A lot depends on what you're comfortable with. Technically, you should play heads up against him with any above average hand, and many below average hands as well (because of pot odds). That's a pretty risky way of playing, and a lot of people (myself included) aren't comfortable being that loose. You can make your range a bit higher than that, but I would not play tight. You'll be giving up too many opportunities. Remember, playing with a 60:40 (20%) edge for 2000 is the same as playing with a 70:30 (40%) edge for 1000. Tightness is a big handicap when the blinds can cripple your stack.

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the advise guys. I think I was pretty close to what you guys suggested.

Going heads up I had about 10K in chips and he had about 3K, with the blinds at 120/240. So I started re-raising him to make it about 1500 or 1800 pre-flop, he folded a few hands but then called all in with 8-2, lo and behold flop is 822! (as full tilt says .. @#$%)

Well, what can you do. He made more moves like that and ended up slowplaying AA to the riv that gave me a full house.