How to play

B

Bozza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys/girls,

I was in a freeroll today, pretty far, with the last 30. Blinds were 300/600. I had 5100 and started with 66. I was on the big blind so the last to say.

Everyone folded except for one player who had 7600. I know that dude wants to see a lot of flops and likes to play aggressive.

The flop came: AAA

I now had a full house so I was a bit smiling allready. Suddenly the other player goes all in. I thought about it for a sec, maybe he had a ace, but wait.. how big is that chance? Maybe he has an another pair, couple of lower pairs then mine and a bit more higher pairs. But hey, he calls every hand and maybe he thinks he will beat me with high card K.

So I call his all in and the worst thing I excepted. He had 99.

What could I've done differently? Fold while I had full house with a pair in my hand?

Maybe you guys got some tips for me, just in case I fall in an another situation like this!

Greetings,

Bozza

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a preflop raise I would have let that one go. Pot size didn't justify your call. Risk v reward too small a pot to contest with a weak hand. Position and Pot size are 2 very commonly overlooked aspects of a hand. A lot of times it simply isn't worth the gamble.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player folds to play another hand, why chance all your winnings so early when you can have plenty of other chances to take a person out.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had a low pocket pair not to mention the other player could have paired the other two cards that at least one of them(I'm assuming) was higher than a six. It's hard to fold a hand like that but sometimes you have to in that situation. The odds are greater that the other player has a better hand. :icon_salu

B

Bozza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, thanks for the advice :D Next time I will cry a river and fold it lol :D

B

bradf024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think there was anything wrong with your play, just tough luck! three of a kind on the flop is beautiful for pocket pairs if there was no preflop raise i cant see you putting him on a hand like that

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a gamble isn't it!? If your reasons for calling all in were valid which they seemed to be (you thought through situation carefully) then go for it. Why fold hands that you think are going to win? If you think you made the right call at the time, then in my opinion the outcome is irrelivent.

Better luck next time!

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
It's a gamble isn't it!? If your reasons for calling all in were valid which they seemed to be (you thought through situation carefully) then go for it. Why fold hands that you think are going to win? If you think you made the right call at the time, then in my opinion the outcome is irrelivent.

Better luck next time!
Rob and I agree on this one. You make the best decision you can based on the circumstances and don't second guess the call. I'm not sure I would have went with sixes; however, it was not a bad play. Little pocket pairs are a jinx for me so I tend to fold them more than most...

J

jpockets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way I would have played that hand post flop would have been to bluff another A. I know you felt you had a very strong hand with the house but don't forget more than half the house was made by the flop. This meant it had done the same for everyone else. Then again I would have found it very hard to throw away a house(i find it hard to throw away a pair!!!)
One other thing, I know you said this guy was aggressive but would he have risked so much with AAA on the board so late in the tourney?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those type of calls are what seperate the good from the great. I would have a hard time folding too. You had not invested one chip into the pot and he just needed to hit an over card or the larger pair (which he did). Easy for me to say after the face.

Nice post.