How to lose ur stack (50 point satty)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #8112287033: 50 FTP Sat to $1 Million Sat (61706377), Table 3 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:33:29 ET - 2008/09/17
Seat 1: bamboo-27 (1,350)
Seat 2: GROUILLE (230)
Seat 3: thankstwink (2,380)
Seat 4: Entiteit (2,715)
Seat 5: phoenixsky71 (14,440)
Seat 6: JulianLegend (2,245)
Seat 7: happyking777 (2,180)
Seat 8: ettelram (3,370)
Seat 9: daland216 (14,525)
JulianLegend posts the small blind of 60
happyking777 posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Entiteit [6s 7s]
ettelram calls 120
daland216 folds
bamboo-27 folds
GROUILLE folds
thankstwink folds
Entiteit raises to 480
phoenixsky71 calls 480
JulianLegend folds
happyking777 calls 360
ettelram calls 360
*** FLOP *** [8s Jc 6h]
happyking777 checks
ettelram checks
Entiteit bets 900
bamboo-27 is sitting out
phoenixsky71 calls 900
happyking777 folds
ettelram folds
*** TURN *** [8s Jc 6h] [4c]
Entiteit checks
phoenixsky71 bets 720
Entiteit has 15 seconds left to act
Entiteit folds
Uncalled bet of 720 returned to phoenixsky71
phoenixsky71 mucks
phoenixsky71 wins the pot (3,780)

Please tell me why I did this, why it didn't work, and how I should avoid, remedy these kinds of situation.

I seem to do always this at some point in a tourny. I **** myself over with a dumbass play like this. Maybe this is the wrong forum for it, not really a lot of analyzing to be done I guess. But please help.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont play 67 unless you have position AND odds. That should have been in the muck post flop, catching bottom pair and chasing is the fastet way to the rail. Too many players are willing to loose a tournament than loose a hand. Any time you need runner runeer to make your hand, it should be in the muck

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is fine, nothing wrong with making a play like this in the cutoff.

However, once you got 4 callers that probably should have been the end of it. There's a couple of straight draws out there, and someone may well have had the J. It looks weak, but I'm probably check/folding the flop here.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont play 67 unless you have position AND odds. That should have been in the muck post flop, catching bottom pair and chasing is the fastet way to the rail. Too many players are willing to loose a tournament than loose a hand. Any time you need runner runeer to make your hand, it should be in the muck

Actually I wasn't chasing, I believe I was bluffing it.
If I were chasing wouldn't I check/call ?

T

the_men222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you dont have to bet 900 after the flop is to much for a lowest pair on board ...or play the bluff ....when he bet 720 ....play the bluff hand raise hard to trying to do folding at your adv....

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to bluff with this many callers. Raising in cut off was fine but when you have this many callers you have to think someone is going to call your flop bet. And yes, I seem to play well then do a dumb a** move-kills me. Live and learn.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were probably on a roll and wanted to continue that roll. You should never do that bad luck will catch up with you. And with all the money you put in you were pot commited so technically you shouldve went all-in. You were now left with about 750 or so. I think he probably had A high or pocket pair. Anyway try to learn whats pot commited if you can.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were probably on a roll and wanted to continue that roll. You should never do that bad luck will catch up with you. And with all the money you put in you were pot commited so technically you shouldve went all-in. You were now left with about 750 or so. I think he probably had A high or pocket pair. Anyway try to learn whats pot commited if you can.

Had about 1300 left I think ?
And I believe I know what pot comitted is, I just seem to completely ignore it when I make dumbass moves like this :(

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very easy to be critical, but if you're not getting anything going you have to make your own luck sometimes. When you raise 4xBB from mid position you are representing a hand much better than 67s, especially with an early position caller already in the pot. Sadly, in a 50 point freeroll your opponents don't pick up on subtleties like this, and once one player calls you are likely to get a multiway pot.

After that you are in a bind - you need to bet a certain amount to see where you are, but you haven't got a big enough stack to bet without being pot committed. I'm not that keen on the 900 bet - it's not enough to take the pot down 4 handed and clear out the 2nd 3rd pair hands + draws. Either just write it off as a move that didn't work and check it down, or shove the lot in, and see what happens.

I think you've got to win the odd pot like this to go well in a tournament, you cant just wait to be dealt AA when an opponent has got KK. If you aren't getting the cards you have to make your own plays, start stealing the blinds, punishing serial limpers, and taking the bet down post flop when you (and hopefully opponent) didn't hit flop. It just didn't work out here.

I wouldn't even have folded the turn - yes you are certainly behind here, but the 5's are an out, and maybe the 6's and 7's are too. You haven't got odds to call, but it's a waste of time trying to claw your way back from 1,300 on that table against those stack sizes in a 50 point satellite.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. If you thought you had a read on your opps and thought you could steal from the HJ, then PF was fine. But don't C-bet the flop with that Jack out there. Just c/f since all you had was bottom pair with a big stack behind you. He's probably going along for the ride no matter what.

S

Swodaems

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your biggest mistake was not paying attention to the stack sizes of the people who had to act behind you. I don't make plays against much bigger stacks because they can afford to call you since your stack is minute compared to theirs. Keep your bluffing limited to those players against whom you have some fold equity against.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your biggest mistake was not paying attention to the stack sizes of the people who had to act behind you. I don't make plays against much bigger stacks because they can afford to call you since your stack is minute compared to theirs. Keep your bluffing limited to those players against whom you have some fold equity against.

Well I knew he had a big stack but what I am going to do ?
He was to my left I can't help that fact and I don't know if it should keep me from EVER making plays. Like some said I can't just wait for ever hoping to get a hand, it's a turbo after all.

B

Brann6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some tight-butts even in turbos and there's nothing that says the bigstack to the left wouldn't have folded to the pre-flop raise. With just 22BB your only play, though, was a preflop steal attempt. (Your reads tell you whether this was worth a shot, not our comments.) However, once that failed you had just 2 choices imo, check/fold or push the flop representing a set or an overpair. A tough choice with just 18BB left and potentially 3 callers.

W

wasda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry man, but you played this hand very badly, I don't like the raise pre with 67, your position is not great, and you don't have great odds to hit a great hand. Once the pot got multiway, you should have given the hand up on the river, people will not believe bluffs in a 50 point sng.

pimpinalovabkln

pimpinalovabkln

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had no reason to call ... no odds , you weren't even a blind so i think you went wrong calling and then it jsut went downhill from there

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 7 should be folded no butts about it, You would not see me playing that hand at all.
And if you do see me playing that hand you can use the post to hit on me with.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had no reason to call ... no odds , you weren't even a blind so i think you went wrong calling and then it jsut went downhill from there

Where did I call ?
I raised pre, and I raised on the flop then folded the turn..

pimpinalovabkln

pimpinalovabkln

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im sorry i meant play not call... you shouldnt have gotten involved in teh hand

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. This hand is an easy fold here.

In certain situations 67 suited is playable, this is not one of them.

ganjvelo

ganjvelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that mostly happens when u got bored in a tourney, just dont give up ur dicipline and dont bluff in early positions in freerolls or u get trouble with calling stations..

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a good idea not to try and bluff the chip leader at the table with what would be a lot of chips to you, but practically chump change to him/her.

Personally, I don't play 6/7.. suited or not. Some people do, though. If I were to play it, I would have gone 3x the BB instead of 4, and possibly the same amount on the turn, if any bet at all. A consistent bet like that, could possibly trick them into thinking you have a medium pocket pair. Maybe pocket 9's or 10's.

I'm willing to bet that the chip leader had an Ace and smelled your bluff.