How do you play pocket Aces after BB as your first hand?

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 players in the table. Blinds (25/50) No antes yet.
Full chip stack 2500
Positions: Dealer on player 1
SB on player 2
BB on player 3
(Me) on player 4
Player 5
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8
Player 9

Cards are Dealt:

I got the Ad Ah and Raised it 10x more the BB = 550
Player 5 folds
6 folds
7 folds
8 calls = 550
9 folds
SB folds
BB folds
Pot is now 1100 + 25 + 50 = 1175

Down to a Heads up.

Flops come out: 9c Jd 9d

I raised another 500.
Player 8 = Re-raised me with 1,500 total.

Me ? what should I do? there two 9s with a flush draw and straight draw?
Should i just fold the Aces? :confused:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of why are u raising 11BB preflop?
why not just make a standard raise?
or since its the first hand just shove all-in since if some ones willing to call a fifth of there chips on the first hand there probably calling a shove.

This is a pretty coordinated flop but really what nines are in callers range?
99 if vilian is a moron or maby JJ.
J9,9x are hardly in vilians range and he propably doesnt have some thing like QTd and is making a move with a combo draw.
This whole hand doesnt make much sense but vilians range is like JJ,QQ,KK and AK of diamonds imo so im shoving over him all day.

Also im probably c-beting a litle bigger here,something like 800.

Also what kind of tourney was this(buy-in) and im guessing it was live tourney? do to the stack sizes and starting blinds.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
10xbb preflop?.. and got a flat caller? What kind of hand could they possibly consider flat-calling a 10xbb raise with? Then again.. what kind of hand could raise up 10xbb in eL's? You actuallly got action on this?.. cool. Maybe he's got the other 2 aces, hehe.

X

X__Gandalf__X

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold the Aces in these circumstances. I would call. I reckon you'd win this hand 85% of the time. Please let us know what happened!

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its happened to me a few times that I pick up aces UTG in of the $3 ko sng's on full tilt.

On a few occassions I just shoved there and then and got callers.

not all the time though and it made wonder if i didnt waste them but the times I did get callers paid me off well enough

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
snap call early in a donkament.

djrudeboy

djrudeboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check the turn. all in on river if flush or straight does not fill - otherwise fold.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bastard did win! After Raising 1.5k more I'd did go all in. He called me Ac 9s! Dumb crap! By the the tourney was around 3$ buy-in freeze out tourney if it is in US currency.

Turn came: 3d
I got now a draw for diamonds just about 12% or less.

River came: 5c

I'm screwed!
:mad:

I put him on JJ hand to but when i saw his hand i just got frustrated. Come on its an offsuit..:joyman::eek:

I should have shove it all in but i was thinking i wont get any profit from it thats why i just raise it up to see whos got the good cards like QQ, QK, AQ, AK, JJ.

schnozzinkobenstein

schnozzinkobenstein

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ but no AJ in your list of good cards? AJ fairs a little better against a random hand than does KQ, and against each other it's about 60/40.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol i forgot to put AJ lolz thnx :D i just got frustrated typing my very first AA and my first walk out in the tourny!

kolobot

kolobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as said higher a flat call for 550 is showing a lot of strength pre flop... no shot hes got a nine, so you might be in a sweet situation here actually, against KK;)

M

MaxxxW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beside the fact that ur Preflop play was foolish u can never fold the aces.
Implied ur opponent is on a draw u have the odds to allin him.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah I just want a heads up here. And I did with A9 lol.
I doubt he'd still call if I go all in pre-flop. haa.. you dnt win'em all with aces even though its a pretty strong hand. Lots a Donks out there! lol

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop raise to high. I used to do this and I would find myself getting pot committed on a flop that could hurt me and I couldnt lay down my Aces. A standard 3-4x raise allows you to get out of the hand on the flop if it looks dangerous.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um... I would be ecstatic that any hand called my PF bet and I am shoving on the flop no matter what... if you're not going to the mat with Aces, then.. hang it up.

Play this hand 100 times and Aces will be a resounding winner, bar none.

Bad beat post.

P

pennnational

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not if your playing on ultumate bet fold them yall lose 60 percent of the time go all in pre flop to get junkies out then you have a shot

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, too big raise with those blinds...
You just should raise only 5x BB or just check.
A A is still strong hand if the flop is 9 9 j, you should push all in, thats my opinion. If he gets flush or straight for turn or river, thats just only bad luck.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with what you did you should go all in. he probably has a high pair him self to call such a high raise pre flop.

N

nykel88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh i forgot to say that this tourney was live tourney was around 3$ buy-in freeze out tourney if it is in US currency. I'm so not forgetting this bad beat ever! lol

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not fold you should call. This play he has made is typical for kk he just slow played it and he prolly thinks you have ak or aq. The only way he has a nine here is if he had 99 so obviously odds are unlikely. If he is stupid he prolly has aj or kj and cant get off this hand. The best way for u to lose in a tourney anyway is with aa you cant go wrong. I bet you win this pot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands