How to Crack Aces

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stage #1361256567 Tourney ID 2094706 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $300 - 2008-12-16 18:33:50 (ET)
Table: 1 (real money) Seat #4 is the dealer
Seat 1 - GERMANFALCON ($4672.50 in chips)
Seat 2 - GQ8419 ($2165 in chips)
Seat 3 - AUDRIC300 ($1080 in chips)
Seat 4 - BAMBOLEA1 ($5680 in chips)
Seat 5 - GWIBBLEY ($6050 in chips)
Seat 6 - JAYBC ($9050 in chips)
Seat 7 - THELANE ($8510 in chips)
Seat 8 - POINTY8 ($7230 in chips)
Seat 9 - SANDICAPPED ($21712.50 in chips)
GWIBBLEY - Posts small blind $150
JAYBC - Posts big blind $300
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to AUDRIC300 [Qc Qs]
THELANE - Folds
POINTY8 - Folds
SANDICAPPED - Folds
GERMANFALCON - Raises $720 to $720
GQ8419 - Folds
AUDRIC300 - All-In(Raise) $1080 to $1080
BAMBOLEA1 - Folds
GWIBBLEY - Folds
JAYBC - Folds
GERMANFALCON - Calls $360
*** FLOP *** [Qh Ks 5c]
*** TURN *** [Qh Ks 5c] [Kh]
*** RIVER *** [Qh Ks 5c Kh] [6s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
GERMANFALCON - Shows [Ac As] (Two Pair, aces and kings)
AUDRIC300 - Shows [Qc Qs] (Full house, queens full of kings)
AUDRIC300 Collects $2610 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2610)
Board [Qh Ks 5c Kh 6s]
Seat 1: GERMANFALCON HI:lost with Two Pair, aces and kings [Ac As - P:As,P:Ac,B:Ks,B:Kh,B:Qh]
Seat 2: GQ8419 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: AUDRIC300 won Total ($2610) All-In HI:($2610) with Full house, queens full of kings [Qc Qs - P:Qs,B:Qh,P:Qc,B:Ks,B:Kh]
Seat 4: BAMBOLEA1 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: GWIBBLEY (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: JAYBC (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: THELANE Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: POINTY8 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: SANDICAPPED Folded on the POCKET CARDS

After the last time I asked I think this is the correct play since I am short and limping in with QQ would not have helped me.

What do you think Group ? I have only been here a small time but with all this stuff to read in here has helped my game alot.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spot on. Doing anything else in this spot is not good.

BillHall

BillHall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without more info, it seems like you did good...

you were short stacked and had a chance to double up and you took it. Dude, am I reading the top of the hand history right...you paid 300$ to get into that tourney? U R a high roller man! WTG!:icon_sant

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With you M here about 2, theres no doubt you did the right thing in going all in with your Queens. If you arent pushing here what are you waiting for considering you dont have a lot of hands left to see?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought this would be an advice thread.

Shoving QQ here is super-duper standard. NH.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played your hand correctly IMO, you were ss & you had a great hand, any other move there other than all-in would've been incorrect.

N

noskillz77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ya that was the right move , the guy with aces thinks it was a suck out for sure , but you need luck to win !

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BBV imo, no need for analysis, you get your chips in here every time as short as you are

almostfamous1003

almostfamous1003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being slightly short stacked here, you absolutely did the right thing by pushing the chips in and taking a gamble

FlowJoe

FlowJoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both of you played the hand correctly. You were the lucky one. THis is one of those situations where lady luck has all the power. Good catch and win. I'd do the same every time.
Peace,
FLOW

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get it in here or quit poker.
you maked the right move......
bbv

T

THGE

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
correct action

I think that your action was correct.
Think, if in the turn or river show A or K and your rival push all in. What did you do?:confused:

M

mr tinkles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
few problems here:

How to Crack Aces

Well, you get lucky.

I am short and limping in with QQ would not have helped me.

GERMANFALCON - Raises $720 to $720

The open raise doesn't give you a chance to limp, so you actually made the correct play here. Really, here you have no plays, you have shorted stacked yourself almost into oblivion...

Why are you so short? Less than 4XBB is desperate!!!

You need to make a "move" a coupla orbits earlier to have some fold equity, by now ATC will call you.

Or in this case, when you call with a lesser hand, and get lucky.

Lastly, even with that dbl-up, you are still a short stack, less than 9XBB!

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you should have made a move before that. You still get it all in there anyway. Never limp QQ.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you were short stacked and had a chance to double up and you took it. Dude, am I reading the top of the hand history right...you paid 300$ to get into that tourney? U R a high roller man! WTG!:icon_sant

I think that is actually there cause the big blind is '$300'

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the right play. Every now and then you'll run into aces or kings, but more often than not, you're ahead.

M

mr tinkles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
apples, oranges, whatever...

Never limp QQ.

Why not? Maybe an advanced play, but, one can sometimes limp, or check their option(BB) with big hands to trap opponents???

ok, not, what am I thinking?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess anyone can play it however they want but I'd rather play it fast. You have the third-best starting hand in NLHE and you want to put money in while you're ahead. An overcard is going to flop 43% of the time. I hate to let KQ/KJ etc. or A9 see the flop for cheap. Even if you're not beat by that overcard, it's going to slow you down.

KingIv3rson

KingIv3rson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course you did the rite thing bro. who wouldnt go all in on pocket Q's. lots of ppl go all in with those even on preflop lol. sounds funny but it's so true. one of the best hands you could ask for man. those or cowboys or bullets. like someone said though. u were the lucky one. it was all up to the poker gods....and they chose u for that hand =] nicely done

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
apples, oranges, whatever...

Why not? Maybe an advanced play, but, one can sometimes limp, or check their option(BB) with big hands to trap opponents???

ok, not, what am I thinking?

Limp KK maybe but not QQ. You put yourself in a big bind if the flop has a king or ace which there is a relatively high probability of. The benefit here would be if the flop comes J or T high and your opponent hits AJ or AT but the odds of that are much smaller than an ace or king coming.

I guess maybe it's a posssibility if you REALLY know what you're doing but probably not for most people.

M

mr tinkles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess maybe it's a posssibility if you REALLY know what you're doing but probably not for most people.

Ok, fair enough(maybe a future post???), the original poster(is that OP) had NO choice! When you have less than 8XBB, or M of 6-7, you need to be shoving with:

Any A.
Any K.
Any PP.

Just basic short stack poker play. I didn't write the book, but one does not want to lose any fold equity, and blind down to pencil shavings.

With the right tbl image, and stack, limping the SB/BB with big hands, can be very tricky, and profitable, if you know what you are doing...

But, what do I know?

R

rickydaprince

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You were in late position and you made a good call to go all-in after being raised. I mean, of course your QQ was inferior to the AA but luck went your way on the flop. Well done! Too bad for the AA tho! damn that mustve hurt lol

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's analyze a bit.

QcQs v AcAs, Queens are a 17% v 82% dog
QdQh v AcAs, Queens are a 20% v. 80% dog
7d8h v AcAs, Queens are a 20% v. 80% dog

7d8d v AcAs, 7d8d are a 25% v. 75% dog

To wit, never let yourself get down to less than 19bb's and if you do, and you're first in the pot, push ATC, especially those suited conns.