How bad did I play this hand.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2+0.25 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1115)
SB (t2030)
BB (t1540)
UTG (t1540)
UTG+1 (t2010)
Hero (MP1) (t1415)
MP2 (t1745)
MP3 (t1260)
CO (t845)

Hero's M: 15.72

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif

2 folds, Hero calls t60, 2 folds, CO calls t60, 1 fold, SB calls t30, BB checks

Flop: (t240) J
spade.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB bets t180, Hero raises to t780, 2 folds, BB raises to t1480 (All-In), Hero calls t575 (All-In)

Turn: (t2950) 5
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2950) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2950

Results in white below:
BB had 8
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(flush, Jack high).
Hero had Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: BB won t2950

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They only thing I don't like is your PF limp. Open raise PF 3-4xBB from MP with QQ. The reason you do that is to avoid exactly what happened. You wound up against three other players.

Good flop, rest of hand is fine.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all started PF when you failed to raise. However, you did play the flop correctly. Got it in when you were ahead, well slightly ahead, you were near coin flipping on the flop, only a slightly 10% favourite to win the hand. But seriously, i'm no SnG god, but you'll never find me limping in EP trying to trap opponents. SnGs are about survival, so even if you just accumulate the blinds. That's one extra round you're alive for.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost a decent amount of money to raising QQ preflop, and then have a A or K flop, so I was thinking, limp preflop, and if no A K shown, then raise.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost a decent amount of money to raising QQ preflop, and then have a A or K flop, so I was thinking, limp preflop, and if no A K shown, then raise.
Problem with this though is letting in hands cheaply so then you will come across 2-pair and such hands, so it's not just the A or K flopping, if we'd have raised in this position and got a couple of callers with a flop like this, you can bet out and take the pot down. However this time we came up against top pair with the FD which as i mentioned earlier, you're only 55% favourite to win the hand here. Try not to let the thought of an Ace or K flopping stop you from raising with QQ. I'm not sure of how often an Ace or K flops but i'm sure someone will correct me here ;)

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They only thing I don't like is your PF limp. Open raise PF 3-4xBB from MP with QQ. The reason you do that is to avoid exactly what happened. You wound up against three other players.

Good flop, rest of hand is fine.

I agree raising would get rid of the bad hands and you could of avoided losing to the flush

W

Wilko89911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the posts above, a PF raise of say 3BB would stop this sort of hand calling. Thus with that flop you can be sure you have the best hand.

B

beefcake413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup only thing you did wrong was not raise pre-flop. unfortunately that's what allowed you to get sucked out on since he had the flush draw and top pair, once that flop hit you weren't getting him out of the way.

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking, limp preflop, and if no A K shown, then raise.
This early on and with little if any info on your opps' tendencies, I have to agree with the 3-4xBB advice -- make 'em invest a solid amount to see the flop.

That strategy might be better later on when you have some reads and the blinds are more significant, but it smacks of playing scared. :eek: ;)

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you dont necessarily want that type of hand calling. With top pair and a flush draw his odds are decent after the flop unless you hit a set.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands