* * SB calls [675]
* * Potsize: 7750
River: 2♦
Results:
* * SB shows a flush, Jack high: J♦ 10♦
* * Hero shows two pair, Aces and Threes: A♣ K♥
* * SB collected 7900 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

I saw this hand played the other night and while not directly involved I have been wondering if this could have been played better. Any thoughts.

peach68

peach68

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop bet is HUGE!!! Why so big? Sure in online poker one needs to adjust and bet out with larger c-bets than in live but even still, I'd figure a 3/4pot bet here would be enough if you're not just shoving (why overbet pot and then just leave yourself such a small amount behind?).
Opponent called on flop with improper odds so bet size obviously wasn't going to be making any difference to him. His call on the turn was correct though cuz he was getting huge pot odds there.
Guy seemed willing to gamble,... and got lucky. J-Ts often plays well in a multi-way pot. The overbet on the flop almost looks like a 'scared bet' though but really,... what else could it be but top pr. top kicker?

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like a tough beat, but you didn't really price him out of his flush draw at any point in the hand. He was getting about 2-to-1 on the flop, and he probably knew that you would probably put the rest of your chips in if/when he made his hand.

On the turn he was getting (much) better than 4 to 1, so his call was correct there too.

Of course there is no way you could put him on the flush draw, and you could be pretty sure that you were best all along.

IMO, I think you both played it right, and you just ran into a big draw.

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a situation where most of the time you want to be getting your money in because you are gonna be a pretty big favorite. Runnin into that flush is just how the cookie crumbles somtimes

Also, agree with peach that a little less on the flop there wouldnt hurt because you do want him to call with his AJ, or 10-KK and BE taken his moniesssss.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the bet on the flop should have been less. it was way too big for the opening. and the guy who called with the flush was getting the right pot odds for a call so it was a good play.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands