Hand analysis. Call or fold.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a heads-up hand of a SNG. I am IOU1GALAXY.
Franclan seems like a fairly tight player to this point. The only thing up to this point that I noticed about him is that he previously called one hand with 68 suited with 4 players left, which doesn't persuade me one way or another. I also folded one other time when attempting the move, and him pushing all-in earlier, in heads-up play.

My question is: When franclan makes the raise to all-in, is it a correct move for me fold here, considering it is a low pp, or should I call.
Do you call or fold?

Stacks:
- franclan with 5475 - IOU1GALAXY with 8025

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 100/200
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to IOU1GALAXY:
6s.gif
6h.gif

* - Sklansky group 6
Preflop: franclan raises 200 to 400
* - iou1galaxy raises 800 to 1200 franclan raises 4250 to 5450 [ all-in ]

Last edited:
mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are most likely in a coin flip to 2 overs here or possibly ace-x with the ace being smaller than a 6. Heads up a pocket pair is pretty strong I would probably call although I normally would have to call or be all in with a small pocket pair because you are usually either dominated by a bigger pair or in a coin flip which makes the overall odds against you.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is heads up, I probably would have called thinking he had big upper cards and if he does have the AA-JJ so be it. I am not great at heads up though, that is From HOH stating pairs heads up is a huge hand even low pairs. FWIW

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with your stack in comparison to villains, you have to call here. You are most likely in a coin flip for the win. If you do lose, you still have 2500 left and can still easily come back with good cards. So call, take your chances on a flip, and still be win with a shot if it goes pear shaped

G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a question to ask is how many times has he moved "all-in" on you pre-flop. If this was his first time "all- in" in 20min I would fold. This is heads up why risk a situation where your at best a coin flip, wait for the moment where you can put him to decision for all his chips.- This is an easy call though with your information but he played this like he had a pocket pair and its a 3 to 1 shot its a lower pocket pair.-

kesza

kesza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if he had a big pair (JJ or bigger) he doesn't move allin preflop. Maybe it's a middle pair but most likely it's an AQ or something like that. You are the chip leader it's a call on heads up.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u still have chip lead if u fold
i would fold and wait for better time to put my money in, i mean the best situation u are in is a coin flip and do u really want to risk so much on a mediocr hand

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u still have chip lead if u fold
i would fold and wait for better time to put my money in, i mean the best situation u are in is a coin flip and do u really want to risk so much on a mediocr hand

Risk so much? we are risking losing and still have chips to work with vs winning hte tourny. I would take a coinflip to win hte tourny everytime in this situation

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw vil obv has 55. Also you say he's done this once before and you folded - he probably thinks he can run you over making his hand range MUCHMUCHMUCH wider and meaning you call all day.

Yumboltking

Yumboltking

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i concur, call and go for the kill.

M

maverick7192

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definatley call! he probably has an ace high. if he has pocket queens or something then O well, but I don't think his hand was good at all. Sometimes it is better to wait for another shot, but I would have called here.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call this, and if it's a higher pair so be it.

For a smaller pot I can maybe find a fold here, but you need to consider this: if you fold, you'll be pretty much even in chips and will have to build the lead back up again. Flip for it in this spot, and if you get beat you've got enough chips to come back with. But flip with even stacks, and you could wind up out.

Villain's shoving range here should be wide - A-x down to maybe even J-high as well as pairs. You're 50-50 or better against most of it.

Remember too that heads up is a completely different beast to the game that preceeded it, so the reads you've had on the player previously aren't always useful.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i call due to pot-odds, but would consider calling preflop rather than 3-betting since i dont really like flipping for huge pots

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker