* * SB wins the pot (53,820) with a flush, Queen high

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im trying to get back into poker. So I thought I would take a break from my accounting homework and play a $1 SNG so me a little rusty. First mistake, no raise preflop.Opponent is a LAG.

Again, first time playing in a while. take it easy on me.:joyman:

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, seems to me you already know what you did wrong - you didn't raise pre-flop. You let this guy in cheap and once he hits top pair on the flop, you're probably not shaking him.

You got very unlucky with the river card, but it could have been avioded with a raise pre-flop.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't hate that you didn't raise with KK because sometimes you should mix in a smooth call with them.

River - I hate these spots becuase if you call your beat if you fold it was a bluff, that being said I still think I fold here, all you have in an over pair to a dangerous board. Also if you fold you are still in reasonable shape not great but reasonable.

P.S. Don't show results in the future they sway the analysis.

S

sw7104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your PF goal w/KK should be to get one caller at the highest price. You already know that you didn't do that on this hand.

Villian's Post flop bet -- what did you put villian on? Top pair, two-pair, set, ST Bluff? 2 of those 4 and you're behind...Your raise was correct. After villian called raise, what did you put him on? What do you think villian put YOU on?

Turn -- correct if you put him on top pair or possible flush draw. Villian I think incorrectly called w/ top pair and flush draw, given the odds and not yet pot-committed.

River -- You got donked on the turn but he got paid on the river and yes, you probably know that you should have folded. You had top pair with a flush draw on the board and villian who called you all the way....

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more on the flop. After villain bets pot into you, he's not going anywhere. Raise this to like 7200ish. That'll leave you with 18800 on the turn, with a pot of 16200. That way you can shove the turn without it being that big of an overbet. Your tiny raise gave him odds to call with pretty much any piece of the flop, so its hard for you to have him make a poker mistake.

And obviously, raise preflop, so you'll have no trouble getting it in on the flop/turn next time.

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks everyone. Still a bit rusty but getting back in shape i guess

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't disagree with no ones thinking process on this but there's one thing everyone is missing, $1 sng.
This is a big factor, and the fact that the player is lag, I'm just saying this because lets look at it from a different point of view "How many players at this level really fold to a raise, 3x the bb, 4xbb, heck 5 or 6, with suited hands"?, The only way I say he would've maybe, folded preflop was a 10 times the bb raise, and that's just a maybe at best. But that's also a bad play, cuz, you want to get a caller, and if that ace peels off your doomed or you take one more stab just to face an allin, and then fold? You should've raised preflop, and the turn, folded to the river, but that's poker

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We don't want him to fold naruto...