General thoughts AA UTG+2

F

Flappyf1sh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd hand of a SnG $22Buy-In so no reads just some opinions of how others would of played the hand. Im thinking i made too small a bet on the flop & should of never checked the turn.
Stacks:

* MP2 with 1920
* MP3 with 1960
* CO with 2240
* BTN with 1940
* SB with 1960
* BB with 2000
* UTG with 1980
* UTG+1 with 2000
* UTG+2 with 2000
* MP1 with 2000

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 20/40
Site: party poker
* * Dealt to UTG+2:A♠ A♦
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * UTG+2 raises [160]
* * MP1 calls [160]
* * 6 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 8
* * Potsize: 320
Flop:
* * A♣ J♠ 10♠
* * UTG+2 bets [150]
* * 6 players fold.
* * MP1 calls [150]
* * Potsize: 620
Turn:
* * Q♣
* * UTG+2 checks
* * MP1 bets [400]
* * UTG+2 calls [400]
* * Potsize: 1420
River:
* * 2♥
* * UTG+2 checks
* * MP1 is all-in [1,290]

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the blinds?

Blinds: 20/40
Site: Party Poker

Anyway, I think you probably have to lay it down, it is way too early to lose all of your chips. Your stack is so big compared to the blinds you have plenty of time to wait for a better hand, unless it is a turbo then I'm not too sure.

You probably should have either bet out on the turn or raised to see where you were at and you're right that your bet on the flop was way too small, there is so many draws out there and he had the right odds to call.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so gross. you pretty much have to fold it with so many BBs left in your stack :(

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet on flop was too small but I think If you're going to check/fold the river (and you should), you should have check/folded on the turn. Just so hard to lay down a set of aces, praying for the board to pair.

Looks like it's really early in the SnG so I assume we know nothing of our villain (like how often this is 2 pair).

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though you hit a set this was a risky board to slow play it on (i consider a bet less than half pot size to be slow playing because it is inviting in other with draws to come along for the ride).

Calling the turn achieved nothing. That was the time to raise to find out whether he had the king or not. As it is, you should probably believe him and fold.

ripclawph

ripclawph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that would be a possible two pairs or a straight on his side... good bet on him though... i would fold my hand if i were in your shoes.

F

Flappyf1sh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your thoughts. I did lay this hand down and villan showed K10 for a straight. I should of bet the pot on the flop and bet the turn. I like the bet on the turn more then the reraise. If i get reraised im gone from the hand. If I check Raise then get reraised its cost me more chips to find the same answer. Thanks for your replies

bluesboy47

bluesboy47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to bet enough to chase anyone on a draw but you also don't want to over value your hand. My guess is that MP1 has AK which means that he has top pair and a straight draw on the flop and would not fold even to a larger bet nor would he have folded to a bet on the turn. He had his hand made. It is also possible that the could have KsQs and have a flush draw as well. Regardless, you need to lay the hand down. No sense in risking your entire stack