CO: t3820 M = 50.93
BTN: t1855 M = 24.73
SB: t4395 M = 58.60
Hero (BB): t2680 M = 35.73
UTG: t750 M = 10

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with 9d Td
UTG raises to t100, CO calls t100, 2 folds, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t325) 5d 8c 7d (3 players)
Hero bets t100, UTG raises to t650 all in, CO folds, Hero....

I'm assuming I should have folded preflop, failing that folded to the all in.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
failing that folded to the all in.

Wins Ties equity
59.48% 0.09% 59.57% ( 9dTd )
40.34% 0.09% 40.43% ( AQ+,99+ )

Um no to the fold.

Bigger question is why the donk-bet on the flop?? Did you really expect opponent to fold there?

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never folding pre. im check raising the flop personally in case he has a hand he's gonna fold for a single bet but ur never folding this flop heads up.

K

kidnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My reason for the bet was to hopefully control betting. If I didn't bet I would expect a 3x or 4x raise from either player, I was figuring on them not being aggressive and just calling or making a small raise. I wanted to make sure I had it before committing much more then that.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you lead out you gotta do more than that cause the 100 looks too weak. Nice spot for a check raise, as mentioned above.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
never folding pre. im check raising the flop personally in case he has a hand he's gonna fold for a single bet but ur never folding this flop heads up.

You can't check-raise the flop when any bet is going to pot committ villain.
(seen you do this today actually, diff. scenario w 25bb eff. stacks.... getting your chips in as a 3to1dog isn't what we want to do in most cases... is it?).

this hand.. super easy call

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wins Ties Equity
59.48% 0.09% 59.57% ( 9dTd )
40.34% 0.09% 40.43% ( AQ+,99+ )

Um no to the fold.

Bigger question is why the donk-bet on the flop?? Did you really expect opponent to fold there?

Bigger question... why the donk-bet unless it was to induce villain to raise you when you're sitting on such a strong draw. I'm wondering why the post?... isn't this what you would've wanted from villain?... a dream come true... you got all his chips in.. perfect!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definite call PF, and then a very easy call when he shoves, getting your chips in while 60/40 is good and you should be happy to call.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with the pre-flop call, even if it's only 50 more. This is an implied odds hand, and you really don't have any implied odds, due to the shorty, plus we will never have FE in this spot, which is what we want when we have draws, so we can play them aggressively. As played, you have to call.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNAPPP CALLLLLLLL

but fold pre ldo

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
THe only reason I'd ever even consider folding this hand preflop is if I was sitting there on the table and had great reads on villain.. ie. what player would 'min-raise' one off the bubble while sitting on a shortstack UTG... unless they've got a big pr., ie. MONSTER like AA/KK & also have reads on the table & are assuming their min-raise will be played back at (the 'minraise' looks like obv trap imo).
I'm not one to defend very often in the blinds in a SNG, unless it's early levels and I'm getting an awesome price to call with a good speculative hand & have reads on opponents. If Utg had more chips in this spot & had AA I'd be happy to call here in BB all day long, knowing if I hit my hand I'll be getting all of their chips (but in this case (as mentioned above) they don't have many chips, so you're not getting the imp. odds on the call) < 'but'.... you are getting 6to1 here on your call and T9s is a good hand in the blinds.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I missed the freeroll part

real money = Fold Pre, because your spewing most the time and unless you flop something your just giving away unecessary chips. Your not exactly beating much

Full Flush Poker