$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Top pair vs. raise All-in

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJo is a marginal pre-flop call, and benefits from playing it fast and aggressive or not at all with these stack sizes.

After you call on the flop, your range is basically capped to 88 as you should have 3-bet/jammed 99+ preflop. Which means your opponent only needs be scared of sets and 78s.

With that range villain is going to be able to blow you off the turn and the river unless you pair up, and even if you do, you might not even be best, as happened here. So overall I think this was a bad line.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SuzdalDEcor I wrong read your post, I see now. I didin't see "t" in "cant", my apologies. We think the same way :)

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SuzdalDEcor I wrong read your post, I see now. I didin't see "t" in "cant", my apologies. We think the same way :)

I thought my Google translator is not very good..... XDDD
No problem ;)

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've folded that pre flop. Small blind has a shove stack and if he decides to shove, it wouldn't be that great to get it all in with if folded to you. If it wasn't folded and guy before you smooth called, it wouldn't be that good of a hand to over jam or to play post flop with.