$Freeroll NLHE MTT Rebuy: Was this call with two overcards good play ?

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll MTT final table.
Blinds 15K/30K (3000 ante)
My stack: 261K
I raised with :ah4: :kd4: to 60K from UTG. Everyone folded apart from BB who called my raise and have remaining stack of 62K. The flop comes :9c4: :5s4: :4c4: and there is 159K in the pot.
He moves all in 62K and from my previous observation I deducted he must have a pair.
I have to call 62K for a chance to win 221K which is 1:3.5
I have 201K. If I call and lose I would still have 139K which would be average stack. If I call and win I would have 422K.
Is CALL in hope to get an ace or a king a good play at this stage of tournament and with some chips left in case I lose ? :confused:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot already big , so better shove preflop AKo... You have 9bb only....

About postflop game , its easy call , pot already like your stack , and villain here can shove with draw or FD...

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I thought the same about this decision post flop.
About preflop: I didn't want to scare rest of the table with pre flop all in and wanted to get more chips than just stealing the blinds. Is this thinking OK in your opinion ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much players stay in final table ?? And what size stack other players... We can find fold in flop, its not be mistake,, ,If after fold, we will assume still in the top 3..
(but still it is a very marginal decision )

About steal better shove , because you can see it is very difficult play postflop game with short stack,,,

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I thought the same about this decision post flop.
About preflop: I didn't want to scare rest of the table with pre flop all in and wanted to get more chips than just stealing the blinds. Is this thinking OK in your opinion ?

I would have open shoved there with AK, you have less then 9 big blinds left. This way you either pick up the blinds or are probably up against a worse hand. And you won't get in situations like this. Picking up the blinds with short stack shoves might be the difference between glory and FT. In this stage of the tournament picking up the blinds will be very important, it is a big percentage of your stack. Especialy if there were antes.

About post flop i think you should just call there altho i really don't like the call there and the way the hand was played. With about 10 big blinds left your only move most of the time is either fold or shove all in.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there you are how table looked during the hand. Imige is too big.. players on ther right 170K and 269K

Attachments

• poker hand.jpg
    poker hand.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 11
L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I can see now that going all in preflop is a better option... 69K from stealing antes and blindes is 26% of my whole stack.
Thanks for the advice horizon12 and pokerfunkid
and I lost this hand . villian had 9c Jd and picked up another 9 on the turn and J on the river... if i went all initially he would never call with 9J

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you played it fine preflop and youre getting good odds to call the ss all in on the flop.

preflop either min raise or jam both are ok from UTG.

In late position I pefer to jam because nobody will give you credit for a hand and call off light with AJ/AT type hands.

since its a freeroll, they're probably not thinking too deeply about how your range is affected by your position; they're just thinking about their own 2 cards. So AK is likely to get called light from all positions since it's a freeroll.

So, yeah jamming is better but min raising with the intention of calling any jam is OK too.

AlexandreDC

AlexandreDC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pot already big , so better shove preflop AKo... You have 9bb only....

If you had bet 4 bbs preflop would not wonder if will call it or not.

So shove preflop helps you to decide what to do next, IMO.