$Freeroll NLHE MTT: PSO final table heads up

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t3500/t7000 Blinds + t700 - 2 players - View hand 2295429
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t158330 M = 13.31
BB: t309170 M = 25.98

Pre Flop: (t11900) Hero is BTN/SB with 9
club.gif
club.gif

Hero calls t3500, BB raises to t21000, Hero calls t14000

Flop: (t43400) J
spade.gif
heart.gif
T
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t21000, Hero calls t21000

Turn: (t85400) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t35000, Hero calls t35000

River: (t155400) T
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t80630 all in, BB calls t80630

Hey guys, what do you think of this? Maybe I should have folded preflop, but anyway...
We're the last 2 of a PSO freeroll, I'm behind.. I called preflop a bit fishy and hit a open ended straight draw.. what do you think is best play here?
I pursued the draw and didn't hit, I was so behind on chips at this point so I decided to bluff.
Any thoughts?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO better here is raise pre flop 2x, and fold if he makes a 3bet :) pre flop

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of hand are you trying to represent here? any J/T would be raising flop/jamming turn, and all possible draws missed so... well, I don't get it.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any information of villain? hes tight? loose? agressive?
HU should take more risks, but increased 3x villain, okay to make the call.
flop it out of lead, the call here is the worst option, push or fold on flop.

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any information of villain? hes tight? loose? agressive?
HU should take more risks, but increased 3x villain, okay to make the call.
flop it out of lead, the call here is the worst option, push or fold on flop.

Villain is tight overall. I know I played this bad, I'm not that experienced yet! Plus I hate my HU play. It seems that I always get the wrong decision! Maybe I need to find some good materials on HU play and focus on this part of my play to improve it. Any suggestions?

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to point out some leaks in the hand
1. Its better to fold or raise from small blind. I won' t mind calling but a raise is not what you want to call. Whether to fold call or raise would depend on stack sizes and the opponent. If player is tight i would prefer raise more than call. With agressive players i would prefer a fold most of the time out of position.
2. Other thing is calling the raise of about 10% of your stack out of position with 9 5 is not right play.
3. Even if you have called after the flop you could have lead out and shove after turn. Shoving at turn had better fold equity.
4. You bluffed with 10 on the river. But the way you played before the river it was more probable that you were on a draw. If a spade or a heart comes on the river all in bluff had a better chance.
The biggest mistakes were 1 and 2 .

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some suggestions for heads up
1. Personally i have found aggression to be the biggest factor in HU.Play aggressively and try to build a gap between the stacks. Keep on hammering and dont get bothered by few resistance. But if you think the opponent has adapted to your play bring variations to your play and keep him guessing.
2. If a tight player raises big it is a sign of big hand more often than not.
3. My plan for HU is creating a gap between our chip stacks by playing aggressively initially. But if ratio reaches like 70:30 i usually slow down not to give him any chance to come back. At that time one good hand can win you the match because of your aggressive image.
4. If you are the smaller stack play solid poker rather than aggressive. By that i mean play your position and cards. And make your move with a stack that could hurt your opponent before you get blinded away.

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some suggestions for heads up
1. Personally i have found aggression to be the biggest factor in HU.Play aggressively and try to build a gap between the stacks. Keep on hammering and dont get bothered by few resistance. But if you think the opponent has adapted to your play bring variations to your play and keep him guessing.
2. If a tight player raises big it is a sign of big hand more often than not.
3. My plan for HU is creating a gap between our chip stacks by playing aggressively initially. But if ratio reaches like 70:30 i usually slow down not to give him any chance to come back. At that time one good hand can win you the match because of your aggressive image.
4. If you are the smaller stack play solid poker rather than aggressive. By that i mean play your position and cards. And make your move with a stack that could hurt your opponent before you get blinded away.

Thanks man, nice advices! I'll remember that :)
I need to practice more HU play! ;)

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after he raised preflop and called you flop unless you have a made hand I would not continue. he could be playing with KQ

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise from SB when heads up, min raise normally, then what at you representing on your river jam? Could also argue to fold on flop after his bet or raise him as you are not getting pot odds. Could even say to jam on flop after his bet as you will have fold equity.