$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Max's MTT Micro Hand Analysis!

M

MaxMill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys!

I wanted to start this because A. I have very good results in micro stakes and building bankrolls from 0 - thousands. (I have done this twice and am on the road to my 3rd come up!)
B. I have really started to enjoy speaking about my decision making and also do not know how to say what I am doing unless I state and show why.

I will give a little back round to my style at micro stakes to get a foundation for why I make the choices I do.

I will start off by saying I am not one of those 4 bet all in pre flop on a whim villian has nothing people. At micro stakes I came to realize I am playing against a lower skilled field. Most are not patient and are playing for fun. That has to be taken into account first and foremost. That people will call you with garbage when you do not want them to. That they will call you with not so good hands even though your bluff was brilliant. Not letting such things get to you is key. If you feel the burn from a couple bad beats... Walk away and get mad at the game for a couple days... Its better to step away and be mad at the cards than keep playing and be in the same state. Don't go dust off money on tilt.

I would say the style I play is fairly tight until the blinds start to go up. Then I play position more than I normally would, once the blinds become worth it. I like to play tight in between so when I do make a move its very polarizing. I try to single out aggressive players and play back at them when I see someone going wild.

Obviously if I build a stack I might start to bully more given the table dynamic.

I do not use any interfaces nor do I look at hand stats. I pay attention and see what other people are doing. I also do make notes on players who I see making terrible choices.. Which can and will be valuable down the road when you cross paths with them again. I write notes when I see people playing very donkish or if I see them playing very well. I distinguish people by two colors.. Blue = Good player.. Red = Bad player. and then write in what I saw happen.

I play 2 tables Max because I can actually see who is doing what and do not feel pressured ever to make decisions. I see what is coming and also have a greater advantage playing people.

As far as the math side of things go I do take pot odds and implied odds into account, HOWEVER playing a game based upon implied odds creates a position where you chase alittle to much. So in those situations I like to be the aggressor unless I am getting a real good deal on flatting with draws. Obviously the situations for draws and how you play them really depends, Those are my most common bluff spots.. I am not too much of a 3 barrel with nothing person (Although from time to time I do depends on spots).... And so.. I could ramble on forever about little things but I will leave this as the brief foundation of what my style is.

Hand to hand will show this enacted and I will write my thought process on why I do what along with the text history.

I am making this for those who are playing low stakes trying to improve and also for myself to keep myself in check on my decisions.

I will try to post both all in hands and also big deal calls / folds.

Hope I can help some people in the process and also improve my game by doing so!

This is just my introduction post, I will start posting some hand's soon!

Enjoy :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands