$Freeroll NLHE MTT: how you play from both sides

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (SB) (t4,075)
BB (t915)
UTG (t13,165)
UTG+1 (t7,275)
MP1 (t620)
MP2 (t475)
MP3 (t2,300)
CO (t720)
Button (t1,085)

Hero's M: 8.49

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif

UTG calls t200, UTG+1 raises to t400, 5 folds, Hero raises to t1,200, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls t800

Flop: (t2,980) Q
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t2,855 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t2,855

Turn: (t8,690) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t8,690) K
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t8,690
Results below:
Hero had J
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
(two pair, Aces and Queens).
UTG+1 had 10
club.gif
, K
spade.gif
(straight, Ace high).
Outcome: UTG+1 won t8,690

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play like you, after the flop your all in seems good, because board can have a straight draw.
It happens sometimes hand like this, but after the turn you have still 6 outs and chance to win this hand. IMO you played well. Take care :)

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is just a cooler, you played it well. Doubles on flop is a very strong hand, and you should put pressure on the opponent in case he has draws, but unluckily he had flopped the straight, but this won't happen many times. Your play was good so cheer up

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly wouldn't have 3 bet OOP preflop with that hand, but that's just me, and If your going to 3bet that hand preflop OOP than I'd just Jam pre with it, as I personally don't believe that hand is a 3betting hand (again just me).

I mean vs certain players I can do that but again, not OOP.

From the K10 perspective they did have position on you+your 3bet all it did was give them odds to call preflop with it, and they did happen to flop the monster straight..So I don't really mind that hand..

As stated you did get unlucky but certain things you could've done to not end up in that situation

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the flop was an obvious straight at your opponent! I would play on the flop 3-bet and fold to a raise once your opponent ....

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG bigstack limps, UTG+1 minbumps ... with AJ in the SB here, I fold and find a better spot.

The answer might be different if I had info on opponents, but looking at it blindly, it looks suspect.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I don't play this hand, but it depends how many chips I have. In this hand your opponent has second stack on table, so he can be more loose than usually and wants to see the flop. I prefer more KTs than KTo.

dolchinkov

dolchinkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have no stack,and your task is to steal the blinds,i go here ALL IN or FOLD(out of position)

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand well. It's just a bad beat. It happens. It's a beautiful hand from outside but for you I guess it was pretty tough. But , still , I think you made the right play.

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it well... bad luck he flopped the straight.
Both played it well... he called your pre flop re-raise to see the flop...maybe a bigger re-raise there could have him fold...
after flop... all nothing to be done.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have no stack,and your task is to steal the blinds,i go here ALL IN or FOLD(out of position)
I disagree with the above quote totally. You are 3rd in chips, a long way from the money. All in or fold? really? going all in with AJ here would be raising like 10x the initial raise. You apply way more pressure than needed, and only get called by a better hand.

Folding the AJ preflop would be OK since you're gonna be out of position, but I also think you have to sometimes 3-bet from your blinds when you have a strong hand and you suspect a steal.

This doesn't smell like a steal though, he min raised 1 limper from early position...I think I'd fold preflop.

But, OK here we are on the flop. you've flopped 2 pair, yay! That's hard to do and you want to extract value here.

What do you expect to gain by shipping all in? who calls you? Any set calls, any straight calls, any 2 pair probably calls (the only 2 pair you want to call is QJ), and AK might call. So out of all the hands that might call, the only ones you beat are QJ and AK. I suppose occasinally AT might call you with the gutshot and top pair.

Now, don't get me wrong...you're probably never folding this hand with your stack size...it is a cooler in that sense...but shipping is pointless because you don't get any action from worse hands, you just chase away the bluffs and 1 pair hands and gutshots.

I say check the flop with the intention of calling his all in, or raising his flop bet.

In the end, you would still lose, so I guess it didn't matter in the outcome of this hand...but in the future before you make a huge bet ask yourself "will it only get called when I'm beat?"

Last edited: