$Freeroll NLHE MTT: How would you guys do here?

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

MP1 (t1,440)
MP2 (t980)
CO (t1,430)
Hero (Button) (t1,460)
SB (t1,480)
BB (t1,500)
UTG (t1,500)
UTG+1 (t2,210)

Hero's M: 48.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 5
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t40, 2 folds, CO calls t40, Hero calls t40, SB calls t30, BB calls t20

Flop: (t200) 7, J, 7 (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets t140, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls t140, CO calls t140

Turn: (t620) 7 (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

River: (t620) K (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO bets t310, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls t310

Total pot: t1,240

UTG+1 didn't show
CO had 2, A (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: CO won t1,240

So what do you guys think? I could probably put in a 3-bet pre, but It was the 4th hand of the tourney and didn't really have a clue what to expect.
Would you fold here or would you call?

Archer_eSp

Archer_eSp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call pre flop is ok, on the flop just check/fold

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only call preflop, you not have fold equity here, also u get always 2-3 callers..

In mutiway pot only check/fold postflop because at least one player has a great chance to have a cards that beat your hand.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply checking or folding if someone bets on the flop is best if you ask me.

Betting is mistake on flop because we can expect one or multiple callers in such a multi way pot. And if we get called we will have to slow down as you did.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what do you guys think? I could probably put in a 3-bet pre, but It was the 4th hand of the tourney and didn't really have a clue what to expect.

If you asking me i would not 3bet pre since your hand is not playing so well against initial (UTG+1) opener. Since EP opening range is quite often really strong, like TT+, KA etc. Since most likely you do not take pot down preflop it would be horrendous. And it is multiway etc

Flating preflop - well this is semi good play, you do not have odds to flat it actually since pot odds are not so great, but you still have huge implied odds if you hit! I would time to time like flat and see what happens postflop only because you have positional edge!

Folding preflop - It is really good play since your true value of your hand is set mining and this is Early stage of tourney which means in the pot has no money at all to take! But if you feel people will pay you off (if you hit set on flop) that often then it is good argument to flat it!

Overall i like fold preflop most of the time situation like this, since there is no money to take and it is Early Stage and we do not hit the set that often and we can not be sure that we get paid if we do hit! imo

If i still would flat (whatever the reason is), i would take line like this:

Since i have positional edge of the field i would bet flop (since i belive UTG+1) does not hit his range that often given situation and also CO hand range is really wide most of the time + might i can narrow the field, since all have shown weakness on postflop i would barrel 80% time the turn too and evaluate the situation again if i get raised i would probably fold it if this does happen!

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv flat pre, hit a set and win all the chips cos it's a freeroll and no one can fold a pair. OTF, the bet is meh, I mean we have the best hand occasionally but when we don't we have no redraws except the two 5s and there's so many people in the pot. Turn and river is fine.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

MP1 (t1,440)
MP2 (t980)
CO (t1,430)
Hero (Button) (t1,460)
SB (t1,480)
BB (t1,500)
UTG (t1,500)
UTG+1 (t2,210)

Hero's M: 48.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 5
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t40, 2 folds, CO calls t40, Hero calls t40, SB calls t30, BB calls t20

Flop: (t200) 7, J, 7 (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets t140, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls t140, CO calls t140

Turn: (t620) 7 (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

River: (t620) K (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO bets t310, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls t310

Total pot: t1,240

Since this is for analysis, you should leave out the results to get unbiased advice about how you played this hand.

I don't see any reason to 3bet. Since you missed the flop and there are 5 players in the hand you shouldn't bet.

Futur3H4wk

Futur3H4wk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You played good up to the turn, I would have 1/4 pot bet turn, and called the river. That said I with rainbow board would put CO on a K. With a flush possibility I would think my odds are good.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Feels good to almost play it right. I'm getting better :)

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Preflop max 5% my stack and this call is OK. No possition in this and flop check/fold or call maks 100.