$Freeroll NLHE MTT: freeroll - opened pot JAo (CO) decision!

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $0.01 Buy-in (60/120 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

Reads:
-UTG call means nothing since he is fish!
-MP2 stats are 43/5 sample 21 pretty much passive whale! (M:18,8)
-Hero: LAG image (M:35,1)
-Button is a nit

Well i decided to jam...

Initial pot preflop (t750) when action came to hero!

1. What would you do on preflop?
2. As played: What would you do on flop?

SB: 6,655 (55.5 bb)
BB: 3,480 (29 bb)
UTG+1: 2,520 (21 bb)
UTG+2: 12,725 (106 bb)
MP1: 3,620 (30.2 bb)
MP2: 5,070 (42.3 bb)
MP3: 1,220 (10.2 bb)
Hero (CO): 9,475 (79 bb)
BTN: 3,750 (31.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif

UTG+1 calls 120, 2 folds, MP2 raises to 360, MP3 folds, Hero?

Hero decides..

Hero raises to 1,200, 4 folds, MP2 calls 840

Flop comes..

Flop: (2,790) K
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
MP2 checks, hero?

Hero decides..

Well i thought he might have some sort of mediocre drawing hand or some sort made hand which he could open preflop! I thought i have enough fold equity here so i decided to jam!

result!

Hero bets 1,800, MP2 raises to 3,860 and is all-in - MP2 shoves 66

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, MP2 loose passive player, him preflop raise only includes the top range of hands, also in game UTG limp, some players may also limp with good hands... So 3bet in preflop will be mistake, bad situation for isolate because AJo not top our range, often hand under the domination vs AQ AK AA KK, and if some one shove you need fold especially if shove UTG+1.

About preflop game, you were the preflop aggressor, you must cbet, board not very coordinated and you have nothing in flop, so no need bet much, enough approximately сbet 1200, if villain have nothing he fold... When villain shove only fold...

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like horizon12 said,fold preflop is the best choice here

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your thought process.

The only thing is MP2 is a thinking whale, passive or not.

He knows you have nothing on the flop, lol. :)

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt fold AJ at this situation. You have 79BB, so you can play (plus in position). Just call and see the flop. :)

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will at least call in this situation 80% of time! I really do not like folding here, since i have decent reads about my opponents and i am pretty deep here!

If i would not have some sort reads i would probably think more about folding it preflop about 80% time, since utg limp tend to be quite strong but he is short compared my stack and i have position! MP opened it means he must have at least mediocre hand since he is so passive - this fact scared me a little bit, but i did not see any other option to come along since i was LAG!

Thnks for comments, i really need to be more passive sometimes!

Watch this spoiler in your own risk (i had some reads+ feeled i have folding equity) and i do not want discuss spoiler :D

Poker Stars, $0.01 Buy-in (50/100 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

Hero (SB): 6,905 (69.1 bb)
BB: 3,920 (39.2 bb)
UTG+1: 7,385 (73.9 bb)
UTG+2: 2,380 (23.8 bb)
MP1: 3,130 (31.3 bb)
MP2: 12,735 (127.4 bb)
MP3: 3,630 (36.3 bb)
CO: 5,800 (58 bb)
BTN: 2,630 (26.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T
club4.gif
Q
spade4.gif

UTG+1 calls 100, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls 100, 3 folds, BTN calls 100, Hero raises to 600, BB folds, UTG+1 calls 500, MP1 calls 500, BTN calls 500

Flop: (2,500) A
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
K
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, BTN checks

Turn: (2,500) 5
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
Hero bets 800, 2 folds, BTN calls 800

River: (4,100) A
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 2,500, BTN folds

Results: 4,100 pot
Final Board: A
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
K
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
A
diamond4.gif

Hero mucked T
club4.gif
Q
spade4.gif
and won 4,100 (2,700 net)
BTN mucked and lost (-1,400 net)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding ? When you said about fold equity in multiway pot, your bet in turn on luck, shove river does not make sense too, no reads in this hand...And bluff at the microstakes will always be not profitable, not so often opponents will fold..

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding ? When you said about fold equity in multiway pot, your bet in turn on luck, shove river does not make sense too, no reads in this hand...And bluff at the microstakes will always be not profitable, not so often opponents will fold..

This is spoiler is not for discussion and this hand decision was made based on reads and the dynamics! Probably it is not profitable overall, but it is freeroll and only way to take the pot down on river is to bluf! And river card was quite good for continue on the river! Even if i would lose it i have decent stack size left!

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no real problem with 3betting here, you're in position and you have the chips to make a move.

The problem here is that you left out your action on the flop. You can't really 3bet preflop, then check the flop behind. Your story makes no sense. What part of this hand do you want analyzed?

I would suggest you post the entire hand, leaving out the opponents hole cards and the final result of the hand. We don't know the action on the flop and we don't know the turn or river cards so asking us for advice on anything past the flop action is just stupid if you don't give us the information we need to make a suggestion. Personally I would just fold preflop as I don't like to 3bet preflop vs MP players with AJ. If I ever do make that type of play with that type of hand, I always cbet 100% of the time if my opponent checks on the flop. The turn card is missing as is the action on that street. The river card is missing also. To summarize, I'm not against the 3bet preflop, but if you do that - you must cbet if your opponent checks the flop.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no real problem with 3betting here, you're in position and you have the chips to make a move.

The problem here is that you left out your action on the flop. You can't really 3bet preflop, then check the flop behind. Your story makes no sense. What part of this hand do you want analyzed?

I would suggest you post the entire hand, leaving out the opponents hole cards and the final result of the hand. We don't know the action on the flop and we don't know the turn or river cards so asking us for advice on anything past the flop action is just stupid if you don't give us the information we need to make a suggestion. Personally I would just fold preflop as I don't like to 3bet preflop vs MP players with AJ. If I ever do make that type of play with that type of hand, I always cbet 100% of the time if my opponent checks on the flop. The turn card is missing as is the action on that street. The river card is missing also. To summarize, I'm not against the 3bet preflop, but if you do that - you must cbet if your opponent checks the flop.

I think u r missing some information because u r looking the hand via mobile or some wrong browser which does not show you all information etc..

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think u r missing some information because u r looking the hand via mobile or some wrong browser which does not show you all information etc..

What was your action on the flop?

What was the turn card? Action?

What was the river card? Action before you shoved?

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was your action on the flop?

What was the turn card? Action?

What was the river card? Action before you shoved?

Look the original post there is all information given which you need to analyse.

Original post can be found at spoiler.

Poker Stars, $0.01 Buy-in (60/120 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

Reads:
-UTG call means nothing since he is fish!
-MP2 stats are 43/5 sample 21 pretty much passive whale! (M:18,8)
-Hero: LAG image (M:35,1)
-Button is a nit

Well i decided to jam...

Initial pot preflop (t750) when action came to hero!

1. What would you do on preflop?
2. As played: What would you do on flop?

SB: 6,655 (55.5 bb)
BB: 3,480 (29 bb)
UTG+1: 2,520 (21 bb)
UTG+2: 12,725 (106 bb)
MP1: 3,620 (30.2 bb)
MP2: 5,070 (42.3 bb)
MP3: 1,220 (10.2 bb)
Hero (CO): 9,475 (79 bb)
BTN: 3,750 (31.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif

UTG+1 calls 120, 2 folds, MP2 raises to 360, MP3 folds, Hero?

Hero decides..

Hero raises to 1,200, 4 folds, MP2 calls 840

Flop comes..

Flop: (2,790) K
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
MP2 checks, hero?

Hero decides..

Well i thought he might have some sort of mediocre drawing hand or some sort made hand which he could open preflop! I thought i have enough fold equity here so i decided to jam!

result!

Hero bets 1,800, MP2 raises to 3,860 and is all-in - MP2 shoves 66

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What section of the hand are you asking for analysis on?

Only preflop action?

1. Fold. (preflop)

2. As played c-bet. (flop)

Last edited:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt fold AJ at this situation. You have 79BB, so you can play (plus in position). Just call and see the flop. :)

This is probably the worst advice.

Fold would be my first option.

3bet would be the only other option. (If you 3bet preflop you must c-bet if your opponent checks)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can flat here even vs this fish, he will be raising a tightish range so folding pre is fine also. But the thing is fish play linear ranges, so he will be raising/overvalueing hands like KJ KQ AT A9s etc at a bare minimum.

since we will have position vs a fish, this will show plenty of postflop profit. Don't like 3betting much as we never fold out much of his preflop range, so we're stuck postflop in a spot where he will have a very simliar range.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
MP2 here is fish loos passive but his pfr is only 5% and I think that flat call here is OK. His range maybe QJ+ On the flop I have a comfortable situation with him.

B

bondgaurav21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting against a loose passive fish is not a right decision and his PFR is very small. So, raising means any pair, AK, AQ.

3 betting against a loose maniac is a right option because they raise too much.
but for passive fish not a right option. Calling is a right one.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 3betting preflop is the wrong choice. when somebody plays 43% of hands but only raises 5% of them, that generally means that you're 3betting into a pretty strong range.

Flatting is OK, but honestly I'd probably just fold. whenever limpy loose passive players decide to raise I get the heck out of the way with all medium strength hands. Vs. these guys raising ranges I only play monsters or speculative hands with good implied odds. I'd much rather flat with 44 or 76s than AJo in this spot.