TirariAchref (MP): 2,026 (68 bb)
1dormidont (MP+1): 1,856 (62 bb)
1numismat (LP): 1,506 (50 bb)
ecolife (CO): 3,348 (112 bb)
SchnurrHaar (BU): 276 (9 bb)
fullclock (SB): 1,901 (63 bb)
thefivevowels (BB): 3,759 (125 bb)

Pre-Flop: (72) Hero (1numismat) is LP with 2♣ 2♠
1 fold, bluf1212 (UTG+1) calls 30, TirariAchref (MP) raises to 240, 1 fold, 1numismat (LP) calls 240, 3 players fold, thefivevowels (BB) calls 210, 1 fold

Flop: (792) 6♦ 2♥ Q♦ (3 players)
thefivevowels (BB) checks, TirariAchref (MP) bets 210, 1numismat (LP) - ?

Mar 23 CC FRC

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As its an MTT, not a zoom game or a PKO - hand after hand you will be faced with the similar players. So the actions can be collected, and the players will be able to have some informations about how others are playing their different combinations.

Moreover, your game can be putted in a line. And the way you making your raises and calls considering positions and stack sizes will determine wether you are out or in the line. Basically, are you an agressive, tight or balanced player, bad or good.

Someone who is raising 8bbs without any action before their open, just making no-sense. You can open as much as you want of course, but your main task is always be to make as much value as you can if you're winning the hand, or make as much loss as you can, if you will be loosing it.---> 8bb raise just cut out maybe almost every hands even this early, and a great card will be just burn without making a value from it, and this risky big open will end up in the dustbin.
In addition, a player just standing with 9bbs. Which means, he can't make any other interactions pre, if she goes here all-in, and others just making their calls. So this has not only 1 but 2 huge mistakes what he could do here with a single bad opening.

As villain showed way too much agression in one hand, we have to see that he is willing to put his entire stack on the board on some street if not pre. So the question is: Do we think 22 is a hand that can make us a winner from it? I believe the answer is never. So definitely not wanted to see get into 8bbs from our 50bbs. And as there are still some space for players to joining in, our hand even 'd become worse.
------------------

We hit the lowest set, which we was seeking for. The board is not rainbow, however no straight possibilities, so at least straight is not a thing just flush and bigger sets right now. I mean this continuation bet is very scary still. And as much as I believe that craziness can't be measured, we just have to be prepared for everything here: like every pocket, every flush draw, AKo, Qx.
Now the pot is enormus, and he does willing to put his entire stack in, we should see it by now if we missed pre, cause he continued the building: the pot is 2/3 huge as his stack. As much as I can't say a range to this action, its gonna be gambling. Moreover, still one person to act and somehow people keep denying folding the flush draws.

So I clearly can't give you any advice here. Its still a very off action from each of your sides as I don't think your actions will ever determine the outcome here, it will be pushed to all-in every time from opp. Maybe a min-raise or 3x two-bet could at least scare away BB and you can make your gamble against the 8bb guy now.

Good luck for you, I mean card selection is everything.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
In the hand with 66 preflop can be up for debate, but here you are absolutely not getting the odds to setmine, when he make such a large open, so this call is spewy.

Flop
After you have called his small C-bet, you will only have around a pot sized bet left, so its pretty easy to get stacks inside. The board is not particularly wet either, even though there is a flushdraw. So personally I go for the slowplay here and just call. It gives BB a chance to overcall with, whatever he has, or even come in for a raise. I also think, MP is likely to be strong given his preflop sizing, so there is a decent chance, we get him to commit himself on the turn.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As its an MTT, not a zoom game or a PKO - hand after hand you will be faced with the similar players. So the actions can be collected, and the players will be able to have some informations about how others are playing their different combinations.

Moreover, your game can be putted in a line. And the way you making your raises and calls considering positions and stack sizes will determine wether you are out or in the line. Basically, are you an agressive, tight or balanced player, bad or good.

Someone who is raising 8bbs without any action before their open, just making no-sense. You can open as much as you want of course, but your main task is always be to make as much value as you can if you're winning the hand, or make as much loss as you can, if you will be loosing it.---> 8bb raise just cut out maybe almost every hands even this early, and a great card will be just burn without making a value from it, and this risky big open will end up in the dustbin.
In addition, a player just standing with 9bbs. Which means, he can't make any other interactions pre, if she goes here all-in, and others just making their calls. So this has not only 1 but 2 huge mistakes what he could do here with a single bad opening.

As villain showed way too much agression in one hand, we have to see that he is willing to put his entire stack on the board on some street if not pre. So the question is: Do we think 22 is a hand that can make us a winner from it? I believe the answer is never. So definitely not wanted to see get into 8bbs from our 50bbs. And as there are still some space for players to joining in, our hand even 'd become worse.
------------------

We hit the lowest set, which we was seeking for. The board is not rainbow, however no straight possibilities, so at least straight is not a thing just flush and bigger sets right now. I mean this continuation bet is very scary still. And as much as I believe that craziness can't be measured, we just have to be prepared for everything here: like every pocket, every flush draw, AKo, Qx.
Now the pot is enormus, and he does willing to put his entire stack in, we should see it by now if we missed pre, cause he continued the building: the pot is 2/3 huge as his stack. As much as I can't say a range to this action, its gonna be gambling. Moreover, still one person to act and somehow people keep denying folding the flush draws.

So I clearly can't give you any advice here. Its still a very off action from each of your sides as I don't think your actions will ever determine the outcome here, it will be pushed to all-in every time from opp. Maybe a min-raise or 3x two-bet could at least scare away BB and you can make your gamble against the 8bb guy now.

Good luck for you, I mean card selection is everything.

Preflop
In the hand with 66 preflop can be up for debate, but here you are absolutely not getting the odds to setmine, when he make such a large open, so this call is spewy.

Flop
After you have called his small C-bet, you will only have around a pot sized bet left, so its pretty easy to get stacks inside. The board is not particularly wet either, even though there is a flushdraw. So personally I go for the slowplay here and just call. It gives BB a chance to overcall with, whatever he has, or even come in for a raise. I also think, MP is likely to be strong given his preflop sizing, so there is a decent chance, we get him to commit himself on the turn.

,https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/2252coSJC

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The outcome obviously suck, but I like, how you played postflop. If he is barreling flop and turn with 33, for sure he can also have some hands, that you still beat, like AA, KK, QT, which he might also be stacking off. The most important in spots like this is, how we choose to react to them. I see so many people freak out in the chat, when a hand like this happen, and berate the player, who got lucky on them. And thats not cool for several reasons. So just say "nice hand sir", or say nothing at all, and look forward to play again with this person in the next tournament.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably fold this preflop, but since it was a freeroll, I guess calling is fine. On the flop, I would call and get max value. Opponent isn’t folding a flush draw and another diamond shouldn’t stop you from shoving on the turn.