3 players fold, MP+1 raises to 800, 3 players fold, Hero calls 400

Flop: (2,200) 2 A T (2 players)
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 1,650, Hero raises to 5,466 (all-in), MP+1 calls 3,816

Turn: (13,132) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (13,132) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 13,132

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows 4 3 (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 39%, Flop: 42%, Turn: 25%, River: 0%)

MP+1 shows Q A (two pair, Aces and Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 61%, Flop: 58%, Turn: 75%, River: 100%)

MP+1 wins 13,132

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Defending any suited hand to a min-raise is probably "correct", but personally when I am in a spot like this I am like "oh god do I really have to?" So not hating the call, but with the bubble looming (by the way I love, that you included this info), I might personally have chosen to keep that extra blind in my stack for just that little bit more fold equity in future hands. Again not saying, the call is wrong, but it is for sure marginal.

Flop
You hit the flop as hard, as you could possibly have hoped for, and even though its a draw, there is no other option here than going with the hand. He is obviously not folding top pair, but since you have literally the nut low, getting him to fold anything at all is a great result. Did not work out this time, but such is poker.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Preflop
Defending any suited hand to a min-raise is probably "correct", but personally when I am in a spot like this I am like "oh god do I really have to?" So not hating the call, but with the bubble looming (by the way I love, that you included this info), I might personally have chosen to keep that extra blind in my stack for just that little bit more fold equity in future hands. Again not saying, the call is wrong, but it is for sure marginal.

Flop
You hit the flop as hard, as you could possibly have hoped for, and even though its a draw, there is no other option here than going with the hand. He is obviously not folding top pair, but since you have literally the nut low, getting him to fold anything at all is a great result. Did not work out this time, but such is poker.
Thank you, We have a similar opinion. I was close to folding, but the tournament went so well that I had to try. It will be better next time

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did I play well? Field 53 Position 32 ITM36
BB (Hero): 6,316 (16 bb)
I personally think this is an easy fold, although I understand reasoning behind making a call.

The reasoning to fold preflop is this.
- You have 16bb - that is ALOT of poker still left to play and find several spots to chip up, and possibly make a run at bigger money. Why waste even one of your bb - just to HOPEFULLY get lucky and against the odds - connect with the board with a pretty terrible hand.
- Money bubble is looming - why play such a weak hand vs a player who WILL CERTAINLY HAVE A BETTER HAND? Pick a better spot, and wait for the money to hit.

Playing a nut low hand is certainly not terrible - if the situation is advantageous for you. A situation like - you have 50+bb a weak loose passive player min-raises into you and you are in the big blind. We are 1 hour until late registration closes, but there is antes in play - so cautiously playing a hand like this - in this type of situation is not terrible.

The situation you were in with 16bb and the money bubble looming - is a completely different situation. The only thing resembling the situation above is a player min-raised into you and you were in the bb.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I personally think this is an easy fold, although I understand reasoning behind making a call.

The reasoning to fold preflop is this.
- You have 16bb - that is ALOT of poker still left to play and find several spots to chip up, and possibly make a run at bigger money. Why waste even one of your bb - just to HOPEFULLY get lucky and against the odds - connect with the board with a pretty terrible hand.
- Money bubble is looming - why play such a weak hand vs a player who WILL CERTAINLY HAVE A BETTER HAND? Pick a better spot, and wait for the money to hit.

Playing a nut low hand is certainly not terrible - if the situation is advantageous for you. A situation like - you have 50+bb a weak loose passive player min-raises into you and you are in the big blind. We are 1 hour until late registration closes, but there is antes in play - so cautiously playing a hand like this - in this type of situation is not terrible.

The situation you were in with 16bb and the money bubble looming - is a completely different situation. The only thing resembling the situation above is a player min-raised into you and you were in the bb.
I haven't played for a long time and I'm slowly getting in shape. I read a lot of the forum and applied a lot of things in the game. Thanks for the advice I will definitely use this in a similar situation. Today I was more patient and waited 2x double up near the balloon. Too bad I had to go to work so with 32bb ITM I had to leave the game