$Freeroll NLHE MTT: THIS IS AWFUL SLOW PLAY

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, what we have - my pocket KK vs 75o

This is middle stage of tourney. I raised 4bb and only one call (that stupid guy with 75o)

Flop K24

I checked, he checked

Turn 3

I checked, he all - in, I call

River A

I ' am LOSE all cheeps.

Never play slow play again!!!!!!

Ozzzzy

Ozzzzy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, you played good, its just another jokerstars bot that goes all-in with nothing and for nothing. Btw here you had to bet on turn I think, coz if ur opp had nothing, he would do check till the river and then fold if got nothing, but if he had some odds you could make some money on him.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is position villain, if SB or BB you must small cbet flop on this board because the pot is already big and you can win the pot immediately...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet turn, otherwise wp

vs normal calling ranges, he isn't going to have many combos of draws, he will most likely have Ax and other middle cards under the KK, with our hand being basically unbeatable on the flop, i think checking is the best option since if we bet the flop we are rarely going to get any action at all in most situations.

So i like the flop check, but i don't like the turn check, even though it basically changes nothing, by the turn we have to try and get some chips in there, or just take the pot now, also with the 3 it gives him the chance (albeit low one) of pairing that card, but also it may give him a bunch more combos of outs with draws, so we will want to bet to protect as well and we're not worried about taking the pot on the turn either, since it's so unlikely that he will hit a card on the river.

Don't beat yourself up about it, he just happened to have a draw on the flop and happened to hit a 3 outer to beat you, it will happen, but if you bet the flop here, he will likely call with his draw leading to a very similar result on the turn anyways, Keeping things really simple in freerolls is a really good idea, so getting it all in with two pair or better is pretty much a must on most boards without obvious draws being completed. So it wasn't really that bad of a play, i bet in game you were pretty happy to call his all in jam on the turn.

Lastly, try to leave out villians hands in all future hands you post, otherwise you will get some very skewed/bad answers.

Last edited:
S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll you should NEVER NEVER Slowplay any hand. Go for value as people are basically playing blind any 2. The check on the flop is not a disaster although i generally go for value in those types of tournements. All experience and remember freerolls are very different from most buy-in MTT's

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its freeroll man.

Many fishes are doing those things.

I believe you should be the one doing the shoving on turn.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you flop quads or something or if you're up against a guy who is extremely aggressive and will lead out with virtually ATC post-flop(which is pretty common in freerolls), I don't think you should ever slowplay in freerolls. In this hand, I don't think there is really anything you could've done about it. If he is calling a 4x raise with 75o and all, then he'll probably call the flop if you had bet and donk shove on the turn. Personally, I would've bet on the flop and shoved on the turn if he had called. Since you had the nuts on the flop, I don't think a slowplay is a horrible move, but it's just not something I would ever do in a freeroll.

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to make money in poker is to bet. Way too much checking going on.