$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AJs - Did I get full value for this hand?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com
Button (t1,470)
Hero (SB) (t1,480)
BB (t1,500)
UTG (t4,770)
UTG+1 (t1,820)
MP1 (t1,470)
MP2 (t1,210)
MP3 (t1,500)
CO (t1,320)

Hero's M: 32.89

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
, J
club.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, 1 fold, MP3 calls t30, 2 folds, Hero raises to t120, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t90, MP1 calls t90, MP3 calls t90

Flop: (t510) J
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
(4 players)
Hero bets t1,360 (All-In), 3 folds
Total pot: t510

Results below:
Hero didn't show A
club.gif
, J
club.gif

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Shoving allin postflop in this spot, you're only (likely) getting called by better & are folding out worse (& losing value).

It is a freeroll though... so... you actually might get calls from players with worse.

In a 'freeroll'.. I'd probably cbet flop ~375 to 400 & call any shoves.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if you're joking about getting maximum value..

I mean, it's pretty bad to shove like this. Basically what PO says, bet/call of if possible. Open shoving like this is your worse option. Sure it's a freeroll and you might get someone call of anything but in general you're only losing value doing this.

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was in a 55$ 20k garunteed on bovada and he had 1200 chips i had 3+ he had a/j i had a/k suited he shoves pre, i lose he hits trips lol

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if you're joking about getting maximum value..

I mean, it's pretty bad to shove like this. Basically what PO says, bet/call of if possible. Open shoving like this is your worse option. Sure it's a freeroll and you might get someone call of anything but in general you're only losing value doing this.
I am trying to learn poker and definitely not joking but seeking help in this forum on the best lines. I understand I didn't get value but how do I prevent drawing hands in these situations.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am trying to learn poker and definitely not joking but seeking help in this forum on the best lines. I understand I didn't get value but how do I prevent drawing hands in these situations.

There's no way to completely prevent drawing hands from chasing, you will see people who are either ignorant of or ignoring pot odds not only call any raise chasing a draw, you will also have people shoving drawing hands over your bets as well.

If you size your bet after the flop such that the villain does not have the correct pot odds to call, based on what you think he is likely drawing to and the number of outs he has, and the villain does call with that draw, you have caused him to make a mistake which is always correct.

Some will of course call with incorrect odds and suck out on the turn or river, but that's the risk we all take and this is a big leak for the villain.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, IMO you lose value. Pre flop you could raise even to 150 because you have 3 limpers. But 120 also can be good. After the flop your opponents have at least 40bb. IMO better could be bet about 1/2 or 2/3 of pot - about 300-400. If somebody makes a call we have pot about 1200, then I go all in. Take care.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands