$Freeroll NLHE MTT: 99, Almost in the FT's Bubble, Fold?

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a situational game. Even if this line is never optimal, it can be sub-optimal to different degrees depending on the situation. You're generalizing that this line is worst overall, and basing this on a different situation from the one I put forward.

This. More-so in a tournament than cash, this hand requires us to make the best situational +EV move (or as stated in another thread +tournament EV).

I'm definitely shoving here given our stack size and approaching the final table bubble. I think min raising with the intention of calling a 3bet here is the worst option. What happens when we get called and get put in a tough spot post flop? Just get it in.

Heres the thing, yes we can get into a flip with 5 cards. However, what if we can plan out the hand such that there may be a possibility that if we get to a flop, shove and and possibly get our opponents to fold on it should they miss and hits out perceived range?

Granted this is a freeroll but in cash tournaments, you still want to make the best overall EV as opposed to just our hand EV

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm almost never open folding pocket 9s 7 handed regardless of stack sizes.

so my options become raise or shove.

Because of position, stack sizes and "bubble mentality" I'd prefer to shove here since I'm gonna be calling a 3bet for my tourney life anyways...and at this stage I'd rather just win the blinds, but I'm willing to flip with 99 if need be.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ship is imo the best option, far ahead of a minraise and the fold is not even an option.

Folding in Poker