Djmishka24: 3,213 (80.3 bb)
EmptyTheClip07: 1,670 (41.8 bb)
NoWuckinFurries: 1,290 (32.3 bb)
bosanchero: 1,362 (34.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: NoWuckinFurries is BB with J
club.gif
J
spade.gif

bosanchero calls 40, kikacr folds, kittyxxkat calls 40, 2 folds, Djmishka24 calls 40, EmptyTheClip07 completes, NoWuckinFurries raises to 240, 2 folds, Djmishka24 calls 200, EmptyTheClip07 folds

Flop: (600) 6
heart.gif
K
heart.gif
club.gif
(2 players)
NoWuckinFurries checks, Djmishka24 bets 600

Is this person faking the K :questionm :dontknow:

What should I do next :questionm :dontknow:

Please bear in mind that this is a CC freeroll, and I am doing this as part of a CC contest to try to improve as a poker player, first day of trying to post in the hand analysis section, don't really know what I'm doing, so I would be grateful if you could try not to be too aggressive with me. If you need more information, please ask. Thanks for the input. :)

Attachments

• FT14April2009PocketJs.jpg
    FT14April2009PocketJs.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 4
OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With his play you have no choice but to muck here. It's early on and you have plenty of time. I don't care for the raise of 200. I would simply make it 3X's or 4X's. This way if the over card comes you get away cheaper. You could always push over the top but I like the muck much more. Any notes on this players game would be nice. But, even if you are getting outplayed. So be it. Say NICE HAND SIR and move on.

Lefty

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see in the chat on the table that villain played Q5s, whats the info u have on villain and how did he play that other hand

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I lay down JJ here if someone raises here before me it doesn't matter whether he's got it or not - possible flush draw too.

I agree with lefty all in all - you might bet harder pf since there were only limpers.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see in the chat on the table that villain played Q5s, whats the info u have on villain and how did he play that other hand
Generally Mishka seems to bet quite aggressively, and play quite a wide range of hands. My only concern at this point in time was whether they had a king or not.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does he seem aggro donkish or a decent lag?

OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, the more I think about this hand. The more I want to discuss it further.

First, we know this guy is uber aggressive. So with the limpers, I would have simply checked my option and went to the flop. I like to do this early and with aggressive players that have position on me. We are never going to win this pot without a J. This guy is going to push us whatever comes. odds are he doesn't have a K. However, he has chips and he's using them. By just limping we lose the least amount possible. If we lead out here and he pushes. What do we do then? Now, are we understanding? We don't want to put chips in the pot just so this guy can run us out of it or simply run us down. We can find much better spots than this.

Lefty

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually when I was sorting this hand out from my hand history to post it here, my first thought was "WTF did I raise to 240?" :eek:

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book says two and a half times to three times the BB is sufficient for a raise in this position, IIRC.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually when I was sorting this hand out from my hand history to post it here, my first thought was "WTF did I raise to 240?" :eek:

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book says two and a half times to three times the BB is sufficient for a raise in this position, IIRC.
yeah but 3 ppl limped in before you, the general rule is 3bb +1 for every player who limped

raise preflop is fine

probably a fold on the flop tho

OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Lefty agrees in his book. However, it's not published just yet.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop raise is too small here, you are giving any one of them better than 2-1 odds to call you and if they put you on a middle pair then a lot of hands are getting the right odds to call. With uber-aggressive players I would almost be tempted to play their game and shove my JJ here. Get them worrying about me for a change.

And isn't PG's book mostly talking about live games when you are deep stacked? Makes a big difference with the shorter stacks online.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop raise is too small here, you are giving any one of them better than 2-1 odds to call you and if they put you on a middle pair then a lot of hands are getting the right odds to call.
So I shouldn't be basing my raise purely on a multiple of the BB, I should also be looking at implied pot odds?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input, peeps! :)
I did actually fold this hand.