$Freeroll NLHE Deep Stacked: Can I get away from reraise on turn for 5 BB?

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE Deep Stacked: Can I get away from reraise on turn for 5 BB?

Had the CC freeroll just a minute ago. Felt strongly that he had me beat by the river. I just want to know if it is possible for me to fold on the turn. The Villian (Danadelfos) had been playing very well. Had a stack, so he was a bit aggressive, but was making smallish bets.

Two questions.

1) Should I have bet the turn to get him off a potential flush draw?
2) Should I have folded turn after being reraised?

full tilt poker Cardschat.com $200 Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1000/t2000 Blinds + t250 - 6 players - View hand 587714
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
Garenka (SB): t26874 M = 5.97
AASureLifeIFold (BB): t37266 M = 8.28
ean8 (UTG): t26114 M = 5.80
JosephShowdown (MP): t47210 M = 10.49
danadelfos (CO): t46792 M = 10.40
Hero (BTN): t36244 M = 8.05
Pre Flop: (t3500) Hero is BTN with 4
club.gif
A
heart.gif

danadelfos says "gg", Garenka says "gg", 1 fold, Hero says "gg", 1 fold, Hero says "Hey Dan, did you get my post?", 1 fold, danadelfos raises to t4444, danadelfos says "on?", Hero calls t4444, 1 fold
Flop: (t12388) A
club.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
danadelfos bets t4000, Hero raises to t12000, danadelfos says "lol", danadelfos requests TIME, danadelfos calls t8000
Turn: (t36388) T
spade.gif
(2 players)
danadelfos checks, Hero bets t9000, danadelfos requests TIME, danadelfos raises to t20000, Hero says "it was fun while it lasted...", Hero calls t10550 all in
River: (t75488) J
spade.gif
(2 players - 1 is all in)
danadelfos says "gg ^.^"

Thanks!

STUD

garenka

garenka

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1)(yes it is possible to fold on the turn) because if he reraised that then i would have definately folded. if that makes sense.
2) If there is a reraise on the turn then i would have to fold if i dont have the nutz by now. There will be other hands out there for the taking so def stick it out if its at the final table....any other table then i dunno.

Altho it does look pretty damn tempting :)

Warning : the words said by this man are words of a poker noob and would like to see another opinion on this matter.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never call with something like that. Squeeze from the button or fold.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a fold preflop for me.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd lean towards folding pre as well, but if he has shown a tendancy to steal a lot then shoving pre is fine as well.

Calling is just awful.

If your going to raise the flop just shove.

B

bubonicplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre, flat flop, check back turn. Preflop hand's just not strong enough to flat and postflop all you have is a bluff-catcher and raising makes absolutely no sense. It folds out worse and gets better to continue.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I remember this hand I will not comment because I remember the outcome ^_^. Weird to see yourself in a HA... lol.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Pot: t75488
danadelfos shows 5
diamond.png
club.png
(three of a kind, Fives)
Hero shows 4
club.png
A
heart.png
(a pair of Aces)
danadelfos wins t75488

I felt that I could have gotten away at the turn. When I really looked at it, it was a bunch of factors that made me call (I didn't think that 5 BB was enough to continue play, very small part thought he was bluffing [< 5%] and I was at the library and they wer closing in a half hour. Pretty weak once I look at it again.

Thanks again all....and nh Dan!

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please fold this pre-flop. I mean, the only time it'd be okay to call is if your villain doesn't c-bet the flop often, or he c-bets then gives up on the turn a lot. But when we call with hands like this pre-flop, we end up in bad situations like this one post-flop.

As played, you probably can't fold, you're getting huge odds. Your bet on the turn is terrible, srsly. Please just go all-in if you're going to bet. C/f-ing is probably best though, judging from him calling your flop raise, because he's not folding any of his range after that, and practically entire of his range beats us.