$Freeroll NLHE: beg of FR,semibluff hit on turn, TPTK,villian pushed all in after river

Tokeard311

Tokeard311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: beg of FR,semibluff hit on turn, TPTK,villian pushed all in after river

First hand posting, so correct anything I did wrong please. nickntab(villian) just came to table 10 hands ago. Already played a hand heads up,with showodown and beat her with midpair, put her on draw.

TheGeneral posts small blind (15)
Reid posts big blind (30)
Your hole cards are Ad 9d
UTG-(2100)nickntab calls (30)
PrilliraamSC folds
clubpokeraz calls (30)
CO-(1440)Tokeard311 raises to (90)
D-
javapebbles folds
SB-TheGeneral folds
BB-Reid folds
nickntab calls (60)
clubpokeraz calls (60)
--Pot 315--
The flop is 8h 3c 6d
nickntab checks
clubpokeraz checks
Tokeard311 bets (150)
nickntab calls (150)
clubpokeraz folds
--615--
The turn is 9c
nickntab checks
Tokeard311 bets (450)
nickntab calls (450)
--1515--
The river is 5c
nickntab bets (1,350)
Tokeard311, it's your turn
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Tokeard311 calls (all-in) (810)

M

mecoble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think u overplayed the hand when the blinds are that low there is no need to put that many chips in the pot with a9. i also dont like the call on river so many draws got there and the only thing u can beat is a stone bluff.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold Ace-rag preflop
if you are going to raise then make it 3xBB+1BB/limper or larger, your raise didn't do anything to thin the field it just sweetened the pot for those limpers and you should consider yourself lucky that neither of the blinds joined in as they were getting super odds to play a large range of hands.

IMHO limp/call and then check/call by UTG signals an over pair or set. Unless UTG is very bad I can't see UTG having a flush at the river. Check behind on the turn and then fold the river to anything other than a small donk bet.

Tokeard311

Tokeard311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed.

Villian had 10c2c....pretty bad lol

But i did play hand poorly, i dont think there was any chance of pushing her off of it either so, should of just limped/check/tester bet/fold. Def overplayed for it being beg. of tourney. When she shoved after river, i could not put her any reasonable hand, and story just didnt add up to me, looked like desperation shove to me, but lesson learned def. Thanks for help. Gotta look to just survive and see cheap flops early on...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In early levels there's no point in raising here in the CO unless you've got a MONSTER hand and if so, put in a substantial raise (not just 3x).
If you just fold this hand in the first place, it'd keep you out of situations exactly like this one.
By the looks of it, one would assume that villain limped with a pr and flopped a set and was trapping. Outcome shows otherwise but really... on river, what hands are you actually beating?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In Early Levels, play super tight. Consider limping behind with good speculative hands if it's a table that is not aggressively raising preflop.
Otherwise... just wait for big hands and play them hard.
As blinds increase you then must widen your opening range.