$Freeroll NLHE: AA on big blind

T

THGE

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: AA on big blind

pokerstars Game #26003603111: Tournament #147070152, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2009/03/15 19:22:06 ET
Table '147070152 84' 9-max Seat #2 is the botton
Seat 1: carloscalang (5945 in chips)
Seat 2: RMicai (4284 in chips)
Seat 3: Mala Caxias (3320 in chips)
Seat 4: THGE (17716 in chips)
Seat 5: Ursolão (8264 in chips)
Seat 6: BrunOverLord (17480 in chips)
Seat 7: Ad Eternum (3136 in chips)
Seat 8: Diogo_BCP (9518 in chips)
Seat 9: papatieli (4685 in chips)
carloscalang: posts the ante 25
RMicai: posts the ante 25
Mala Caxias: posts the ante 25
THGE: posts the ante 25
Ursolão: posts the ante 25
BrunOverLord: posts the ante 25
Ad Eternum: posts the ante 25
Diogo_BCP: posts the ante 25
papatieli: posts the ante 25
Mala Caxias: posts small blind 150
THGE: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to THGE [As Ad]
Ursolão: calls 300
BrunOverLord: calls 300
Ad Eternum: folds
Diogo_BCP: folds
papatieli: folds
carloscalang: folds
RMicai: calls 300
Mala Caxias: calls 150

Four player call, and now?
What's the better action in this situation?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to raise here. How much, well depends on the table, but looking at the size of the pot, and the chips sizes, I would raise either all in, or a bid that is pot comitting.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's 1725 in the pot, you are TCL and a smaller stack has shown interest. Your biggest problem is the 2nd big stack gets to act before the small stack. Ideally you'd like to be able to make a bet that would tempt the small stack but you certainly don't want the other big stack to be tempted into playing also. In any case you want to get heads up since you will in EP after the flop. I think you should size your raise on the high side say 3125.

H

hommi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i mean i wuld fold cause like u only win like 33% of the time but if u realy wanna play u need to pop it like 3,5-5x to get anby action

PaddyWhacked

PaddyWhacked

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove It

I push it all in. Dont take any chances with AA. Get while the gettings good.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of your table image on this table, raising to 3 times the big blind is the correct move. First, your the chip leader here. The other plays are likely to think your somewhat strong, however, just pushing chips around. Second, if indeed they think your are just pushing weight, your trying to induce a reraise to build up a pot so big your opponents may want to commit themselves preflop.

okypoker

okypoker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeea i agree with bridge, you should def raise or push.

A

All in with a2c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd more than likely make a hefty raise to like 3x the size of the pot. You don't want everyone to call but you do want action,heads up action right.

The standard 3x the BB raise is too small and gives everyone pot odds to call and someone is likely to hit the flop. Even with the big raise if you don't get any takers you've increased your stack by 10%

The big bet will force the 2 limpers in late position (button and sb) all in if they choose to play. I assume their just trying to see a cheap flop and would fold.

That leaves the other 2 in early position seats 5 and 6. If seat 5 calls he's pot committed or pushes all in logic dictates that seat 6 folds. If seat 5 folds seat 6 has to decide if the two big stacks should go toe to toe

BUT

This is a FREEROLL and no matter what you do you could end up with all 5 of you in the pot

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you target is just to win more money but safely.so heads up is best situation.even the oppoenent is the second big stack. it is worth take the risk to win a big pot with AA.5Xbb raise is my option.if some one call your raise,then he is pot commited,you just push all in after flop.if some one all in before flop,just call and show down with him.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Due to the table being potentially loose, I'd suggest raising it up to POT, or just slightly more than POT. Odds are that because of your stack size you're not going to end up with a family pot but perhaps someone will call unable to let go of their hand.
To 'shove' ALLIN here is just ridiculous (freeroll or not).. he's got a HUGE stack. Even if other big stack got involved if he put in a big raise from BB, he can always let go of the hand if board texture comes out particularly scarey and he gets a ton of resistance.
IN other words... Raise up enough to narrow down the field (whatever you think would eliminate all but one or two callers max.). You DO NOT want to check here on the BB. That is just inviting huge troubles for yourself (someone is going to connect with the flop and AA loses it's value when up against multiple hands).
GL on the tables!

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise!
Do not play Aces against four players!
Your chances to win drop down a lot then...
Min. raise of 4-6 BB!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to raise AA in the blind unless you're BB vs SB as you're in early position after the flop which is awful with what is likely to be on overpair on the flop.

Some people, have mentioned 3-5 BB raises, but that is a mistake, there's plenty of money in there already, you wanna raise big, either pot commit yourself or go all in and hope for the one call. If you don't get one then fine you won the pot.

EDIT: looking at the stacks, all in is maybe too big, but make sure it's big enough so that if they wanna play all the way through, it's gonna be for there stack, depending on who calls you can shove the flop.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you definately raise to at least pot size. your AA is vulnerable to more than one player. raising will let the limpers fold. Ideal thing just to be heads up. If everyone folds, i rather win a little or some than lose alot.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do a decent raise not to scare but so people will call and go on and then if something scary comes up push all-in